For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Til death do part ..

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Til death do part .. Empty Til death do part ..

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 pm

It wasn’t too late when Willa got home as Tara let her leave early .As she rolled up to the front of their house she saw a figure waiting for her in the shadows . She took a deep breath and got out of her car and walked up to the house  fully prepared to do damage to whomever was waiting for her.She heard her name called softly in the night …

“Willa ..Willa its me Elsa …”

“Oh Elsa you gave me a start …come out of the shadows …are you ok ?”

Elsa walked out of the shadows and she was sick it was evident .She had the full signs of Hep –V she had small dark veins running all over her body with dark circles under her eyes and some blood coming out of her nose and ears …

“Oh no Elsa your sick ..how did this happen  …didn’t you have the clean blood I gave you …”

“I did but I was stupid and had a one night stand with this human and I guess he was a carrier ..now look at me …Im sorry I came here but I didn’t know where else to go ..I have no family or friends.. you know …you’re the closest thing I have to a friend and I don’t want to die alone …”

“Elsa you don’t have to die alone …oh no don’t ever think that come in …we have a guest room you can stay in ..come on darling ..I’ll look after you until the true death takes you …come on …”

Willa takes Elsa’s hand in her own and takes her upstairs to the guest room .She seats her on the bed and tells her to stay there then runs to her room to get some cozie jammies and comes back to the guest room .She tells Elsa to get undressed and to put the jammies on and she will be right back .Will goes down to the cellar and gets a nice wine blood and heats it up in the microwave then takes it back to Elsa …

“Here this will make you feel better …drink it down it’s a nice wine blood it should help you sleep …Do you happen to know the name of the man you drank from ..if he is a carrier we need to know who he is ..”

“Yes I do he is Ron Forbes ..he is always at Fangtasia that’s why I thought he was safe …but he isn’t.. and I bet he knows it and is infecting vampires that’s why he is spending all his time in Fangtasia …we have to warn everyone about this guy …”

“Yes we do Elsa and Ill go call Tara right now ..what does this guy look like ?”

“He is about 6 ft 220 lb muscled black hair and green eyes very good looking …he has tattoos all up and down his arms and normally wears a black leather vest …you have to stop him Willa .. you just have to ..”

“Ill go call Tara now …Ill be right back …you just finish that blood and lay down ..”

Willa went back down stairs to get her phone and call Tara ,she dials the number but only gets voice mail …”Tara hey …There is a guy in the bar who is a carrier of Hep-V he is about 6ft ,220 lb ,black hair, green eyes ,tattooed and wears a black vest ..his name is Ron Forbes …you have to get him the hell out of there and call Officer Stackhouse to take him in I believe he is infecting vampires on purpose …Call me when you get a chance ..”   She wondered about calling Office Stackhouse on her own she thought it couldn’t hurt .She dials the number 911..

“911 what your emergency ?”

“Please can I be transferred to officer Stackhouse …”

Another voice mail ….

“Office Stackhouse this is Willa Burrell …I have a man at Fangtasia that is a carrier for Hep-V ..his name is Ron Forbes ..he is 6ft ,220lb ,black hair , green eyes ,tattooed and wears a black vest ..it is believed that he is infecting vampires on purpose ..please check it out …Tara is at the bar tonight … and call me back ..”

She hung up and went back upstairs to Elsa she looked in on her and she was sitting up in bed waiting for her …

“Willa I want to thank you for taking me in ...you’re a very special person …not very many people would do what you have done for me …thank you so much for not letting me die out there alone …I should have been more careful …I don’t want to die Willa …Im scared there is nothing for us on the other side …or there is and its very bad …I have done some very bad things in my life …I guess Im paying for them now huh…”

She winces from the pain …

“Elsa I am sure there is something better that awaits us …we cant be held for our mistakes ..I believe our souls are good and there is goodness in us all …what is waiting for you is wonderful …it has to be better then here …I know you are scared but if any of my Sunday school classes were true you will meet all your lost family and friends that you have watched die before you ..they will be waiting for you when you enter the gates of heaven …”

“Do you really believe all that stuff Willa …I mean for a human it might be true but for us …for me ??? I have been alive for so long and I have killed so many how can that be true for me …I was raised Roman Catholic I know the rules  …If there is a heaven I am not going there …(The pain takes her for a moment ) What I would need is a priest …and what priest would give a vampire last rites …”

“I can call around for you if you want to try and find you one  …anything to make your last time more comfortable …”

“Please …if you could find one (coughing up blood )..I don’t have much time Willa ..”

Willa runs downstairs to the phone book and looks up Catholic churches and calls everyone of them to find a priest who would give a vampire last rites and everyone of them said no .Vampires don’t have souls so how can they save one with last rites was the answer she got and not a one of them would say them just to make her friend feel better either . “Way to be Christian ..” She thought as she hung up the last call .

She walked back up stairs with a bowl of warm water and a cloth to wipe her brow .She wasn’t looking forward to telling Elsa that there would be no Priest  .She got to the bedroom and watched Elsa for a moment before going in and what she saw broke her heart .There was her new friend laying there bleeding from her eyes,nose,and ears with dark veins flowing though out her body ,her breathing was labored even though she didn’t need to breath and the pain was unbearable it looked like with every wince and racking cough…

“ I have a cloth for your head it might help …I am sorry darling but there wont be a priest but I did find a bible I could read from it for you …”

“I knew they wouldn’t come ..you see Willa according to the church we don’t have souls …no souls nothing to save ….(rippling waves of pain go through her ) he wouldn’t have gotten here in time anyway ..I would like if you read to me if you don’t mind …my favorite part is the story of Noah…”

“Ok Elsa ..I like that story too..”

As Willa wiped Elsa brow and face with the warm water and gave her the last of the blood wine .She got her all settled in the bed and started to red her the story of Noah .It is a beautiful story and Willa does love this one ,as the story unfolds for Willa she  noticed that Elsas breathing is calmer and then nothing .She looks over her bible and Elsa is no more than just a pile of bloody mush ….

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:28 am