For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Where is the blood ...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Where is the blood ... Empty Where is the blood ...

Post by Willa Burrell Fri May 09, 2014 10:50 am

Willa was out back with Vex when she got the call from Mr Quinns broker .It was not a pleasant call in fact it was such an unpleasant call it left Willa white faced and wondering what the hell she was going to do now .Mr Wilson on the other end was informing her that they would have to cut her blood orders in 1/3 from here on out .Their main ware house  had been broken into and a huge lot of their stock had been taken .Willa was horrified she had all these mouths to feed now and nothing to feed them .She got mad then debated and finally begged Mr Wilson to help her and what it came down to is there was just not enough to go around.As she got off the phone Vex looked at her and got her a chair because she looked like she was going to fall down …

“Are you alright Willa …you look like you’ve see a ghost ..”

“Ummm no not alright we are doomed …We aren’t going to get the blood supply I thought we would be getting …I cant feed all of you …what am I going to do …Im so sorry …I have failed all of you …(blood tears start to rim her eyes and fall slowing down her cheeks )”

“Come now Willa Im sure we can work something out …”

“How …how Vex how do I make blood appear where there is none  …Your guys deserve better then what I can give you …you all have been working so hard and for what …I can’t provide for you… I can’t keep my word to you all …There will only be 1/3 our order coming if we are lucky …they had a robbery and there just isn’t the blood …its gone …”

“We are fighters we can live on rations …we will just have to tell the men whats going on and let them decide what they want to do …sounds fair ?”

“Yes that sounds fair ..I am sorry Vex for putting wild dreams in your head …I really thought it was going to work …it seems they are right about me after all ..reaching for things higher then what I was made for …I just wanted to be ready for when the shit hits the fan …”

“Willa go clean up and Ill call the men together human and vampire and we will let them know what has happened and give them the choice to stay or go and find their own way ..”

Willa went inside cleaned up and looked at herself in the mirror she looked like death warmed over .She tried to make herself look more presentable and not so worried but it was useless so she just went outside to talk to her men .Vex had everyone joined in a small circle and a small ladder for Willa to stand on …

“Well first off I want to thank everyone for their hard work you have all been great ..but we have run into a huge snag ..our blood supplier has been broken into and our supply has been cut in 1/3 if we are lucky …our shipment should be here in the next hour but it will only have 1/3 the true blood in it …so we have a real problem …I can no longer feed you all …so I leave it up to you to decide if you want to stay or not …The ones that stay will be stationed at Lafayettes first then here second …depending on how many stay we may have to go on half rations …or we can cut the blood like we did at Fangtasia …that is an option …I am so sorry I have put you in this situation this early in the game …please forgive me ..”

She puts her head down defeated once again ,nothing ever seems to work out for her she always seems to get short end of every stick .She has decided right then and now she just wasn’t going to try anymore .She was going to protect Lafayette and nothing more ,she couldn’t handle the defeat at every turn .While she was listening to the men talk amongst themselves she looked over their heads and knew she had made a grave error in trying to build her own army what was she thinking ,it was never going to work ,she should have known better .Maybe Pam was right maybe she was acting like an immature spoiled baby vampire …

“What are we looking at for a blood supply ..”one guard asked

“I was told that we would be getting less than  1/3 of our normal order every week…which would leave us with about 5 cases weekly instead of the 25 cases we were getting every 3 days …which is not enough to feed you all ..this is my last supplier as well there are no others ..”

“What about clean donors ..”another guard called out

“I don’t have a line on clean donors ..but if you have your own clean donors you may use them …but they have to be clean and you have to certain of this before you feed off of them …please be careful if you choose this rout …and of course there will be no mention of what we do here  …”

“We can live on half rations …most of us have been in situations where we have had too …any idea how long we would have to be on half rations if we chose this rout ?” the guard in the back asked

“I have no idea how long this will be for and it could very well get worse …we could end with no blood at all …and that is my worry …I don’t want to put any of you in that position where if you left now you could have had a better place later …I want you to all to think really hard on the choice you have to make now …you could very well be here and no blood where if you left now you could find someplace better …so please take your time and think on it ….there is no time limit on your answer if you stay you stay and if you leave you leave  there will be no hard feelings from anyone ..we all have to think about what it best for ourselves ..”

She left the men to go look after the blood order that arrived just after her question and answer period of her meeting .She was happy to see the weapons showed up with an extra 2 cases of true blood .She called out to Vex to come and help her carry the blood down to the cellar and the weapons out to the men in the back .Once they went out back the men seemed to have made their choice .There were about 30 less vampires  then when she started but most of the  human guards were all there as she thought they would stay ,so for a total 12 vampire guards and 10 human guards .She was surprised to see that many vampires stayed ,it looked like they were the more seasoned fighters of the group.

Vex and Willa started handing out the weapons and amo to the guards that ,then true blood to the vampires and beer to the humans …

“I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us ..it means the world to me ..we received an extra 2 cases of true blood with our order this week so that will help ..now one thing we can do if you want is we can cut the true blood to make it last longer but that will be totally up to you ..we have come up with a nice cut and we sold it at Fangtasia and it did well …but like I said I will leave that up to you ….”

“As for the weapons Vex will be starting training tomorrow …now that we are about 1/4 of what we were there are plenty of weapons to go around  and tons of space to train in ..”

Willa was glad to see the men checking their weapons and drinking their true blood talking back and forth .She was so happy that they all didn’t leave her and Tara .She knew she needed them if she had any hope of taking on what was coming and protecting Lafayette .While she drank her true blood she watched them, human and vampire getting along ,talking weapons and planning training .She had never seen vampires and humans interact so well with each other it made her smile .It made her hopeful that this type of interaction could become a normal thing ..

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 am