For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

A good night

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

A good night Empty A good night

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:58 pm

I headed out (on time) for my shift at Merlotte's. My hair in a french braid that cascaded down my back. I smiled at Sam as I entered the main area wearing my apron, holding a order pad and pen. Holly was the one I was relieving tonight thank God. I smiled as I headed to my first table to take the order after getting briefed on what tables were mine. Tonight...i would make sure was perfect. Nothing would go wrong, even though my gut was wrenching worrying about Bill and if he was okay. Would I feel if he wasn't? Would it hurt if he was killed? Would I know? I sighed and asked "What can I getcha tonight?"
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

A good night Empty Re: A good night

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:01 pm

~looking up from the menu, I smile~

Well hello again, Pretty. I didn't know you were working again tonight. I'll just have the same as last time. I am meeting someone here so if you could, keep an eye on the table for when my guest arrives.

~I hand her the menu and smile up at her~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Kiara drove up to merlottes. She had with her a small sort of gift bag with the letters "PV" engraved on it. She entered, taking a second for her nose to get accustomed to all the scents around, dismissing the scents of food and making sure she could focus on the scents of people should it be needed. She scanned the room then spotted Alastair.

She walked up to him, inclining her head, holding the bag in her right hand, a bright engraved ring shining on her middle finger.

"Hello again" she said calmly as she took a seat across from him
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 pm

~Nodding to the new arrival~
    Ms. Griffen. It was good of you to meet me here. Thank you. I trust the transaction cleared without incident?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 pm

‎"Sure, and hello to you again." I watched a woman join him, that appeared to be a wolf. The way she smelled gave it away. I looked to her and politely asked. "And for you?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:20 pm

She first looked up at the waitress. A vampire by the looks and smell but Kiara smiled. "A plate of french fries please and some ranch dressing" she said in a polite manner.

She then turned to Alastair and nodded "yes, all cleared and as agreed..." she said as she set the small bag on the table, her right hand visible to him with her ring.

"I trust this will be to your liking"
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm

~pausing as the light catches the crest of the ring, looking intently...and quietly~

~after recovering from the momentary shock, but unable to lift my gaze from the ring, I simply nod~

I trust my selections were not too much trouble for your associates to track down?

~pulling my gaze from the ring, I look her in the eyes, questioningly, but silently~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:32 pm

She shook her head "Not at all, I managed to find all your selections quite easily" she said calmly as she leaned back.

"I hope you like our product" she added. "We do our best to cater to our more discerning guests"
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Those in my employ speak very highly of your products, so I was very happy to have made your acquaintance. They picked up samples when they were installing the VR equipment you ordered. You were in such a hurry last time I never got a chance to give you my card.

~I set one of my "NEXGEN" business cards down on the table and smile softly. I begin to absentmindedly playing with my ring...tracing the crest with my fingertips, eyes strangely distant, as if gazing into a memory~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm

She inclined her head before reaching for the card. She froze for a split second, noticing his ring. It was almost a carbon copy of her own heirloom ring except it seemed to be much more original, not having been extended to fit his fingers.

She took his card, pulling her hand back. It was strange, like a quick daydream where she could hear her Grandmother speak a part of the many stories she'd told her as a child.

".....…and the oath was made that the ring would never leave his hand again. They swore it over the dead and dying and all that would live forever. Their pack would always have an ally within the walkers of the eternal darkness…."

She could recall the story of the wolf and vampire from centuries ago. She seriously only thought of them as stories, no one having told her otherwise.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 pm

~shaking my head to clear the cobwebs that somehow clung there, I smile. Reaching in, I pluck out a piece of candy and unwrap it.
    A good night T_cinn10

~popping the candy in my mouth, pure pleasure washes over my face.~

Exquisite, Kiara. You can taste every nuance. I was not sure...with the candy making process....if there was going to be subtlety...

~my eyes once again wander to her ring. I know it can't be. That pack was in tatters the last time I saw them, and that was centuries ago....but if it was true......~

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 pm

I brought back the warmed bottle of blood he requested with a wine glass as he liked it. The plate of fries with ranch dressing on the side for his guest on my other hand I balanced them with grace. I set down her food (ladies first) and then sat his blood and glass down with ease. "Here ya are. Can I get you anything else?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 pm

She smiled "This is good, thank you" she said before she turned back to Alastair. She let her mind digest what he'd said before her mind ha drifted off, not to mention she looked at his card.

Now she realized that not only did he know where her compound was, since his employees had installed things there, but he also owned in a sense, a percentage of her company because he owned the NEXGEN technology she used for her virtual tours.

She sighed. Now she had a vampire literally in her company which wouldn't bode well for her donors and employees if they ever found out. She picked up a french fry and munched on it, letting her gaze travel first to his ring, then hers, discretely of course so she could really try and compare if they were identical or not.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 pm

~I pull out the funds to cover the tab and set it on the edge of the table, unable for the moment to look away from this mystery. ~

That is all, Pretty...we will call you over if we need something...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Did he just call me pretty? Yeah...he did. Interesting and um...different. I smiled and nodded once as I went to check on my other tables. Bringing Maxine another refill of tea I was shocked when she had nothing to say to me....just yet. She gave me a look, thought about something while I poured and then just sighed and shook her head. I knew she had Hoyt on her mind and was glad she shut her mouth for once. I made my rounds for refills, grabbed my tips from two tables and brought orders to 3 other customers. I noticed Dieter drink getting low so I brought back a warmed bottle for him and refilled Kiara's drink. "Here ya are."
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 pm

~glancing up briefly, I look to Jessica and force a quick smile~

Thank you. I actually have a little something for you, Jessica. You seemed curious about what we spoke on so I brought you a little teaser, in case you were interested. The power cell will not last long, maybe an hour of use, but I thought you would find this interesting...

~I pull a small golden box out of my pocket and flip back the cover. Inside a lens can be seen with a small grid surrounding it. Facing the lens down, I move it over her hand, flicking it on as I do. A soft golden glow projects down over Jessica's hand and a gentle warmth can be felt from the light. After about a minute, I shut it off and set it on the table next to her hand,~

As I said, the power cell will not last too long, but you are welcome to a bit of sunshine if you are interested.

~without waiting for an answer, I turn back to Kiara, looking at her eyes, though my gaze keeps trying to move back to her hand.~

If the...........entire package is of this quality, you have a steady customer in me.

~I smile broadly~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Kiara watched him as he tested out the virtual technology. Frankly she could see the allure vampires would have. To be able to experience the sun and not burn? after centuries of darkness that must be nice.

She inclined her head. "I ensure quality in all my products Alastair... you need not worry about that" she said calmly, still munching on her fries with her right hand, the ring still visible.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:29 pm

My eyes widened as I took in the sight of the small box he placed next to my hand. The warm glow of light shown on my skin and I felt like I was in the sun..the real sun. No smoke or scorch marks formed on my skin...it didn't burn, it didn't hurt. He turned the light off and smiled as I continued to examine my hand sure I'd just imagined it all. I looked up at him slowly and with my mouth slightly hanging open, said "Th-thank you so much. I will...I will show the King, once he is available. And I will use it wisely. Thank you." I picked up the small box and headed to Sam's office for my break. I had to see more of this.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 pm

~chuckles~

I thought that would do the trick.

Firstly, let me assure you that I have no interest in causing you headaches within your business. I have no reason to....

~my eyes begin to lower and I force my gaze back to look into a face that is so much like my Dariana's....~

..No reason to do so. Your business and Mine happen to have a connection. That makes no difference. You pay your rent for the tech...maybe toss in a little candy once in a while

~grining at Kiara a bit impishly~

...and we will be golden, as the phrase goes.

~I offer my hand across the table, smiling. My ring catches the light briefly and I glance at hers once more.....I know it can't be the same ring....but....~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 pm

She smiled and inclined her head, reaching out and taking his hand to shake it. She also catches a glance of his ring, now even closer to hers. It was almost eerie how similar they were, like twins separated at birth.

"a bit of candy here and there should be no problem" she said with a grin, pushing aside thoughts of stories and of her past. There was no way, no WAY that their rings were the same. Besides, all she had were stories, just stories, nothing factual right? just bedtime stories to lull a young wolf to sleep.
    Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Dieter Braun Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 pm

~nodding as they shake~

If you do not mind, Kiara. I have a few things to work out...umm...work on elsewhere.

~standing a bit abruptly, I move to the exit at a human pace until I exit the door, then disappear.~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:01 am