For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Turkey Days and Thursdays

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Turkey Days and Thursdays Empty Turkey Days and Thursdays

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 am

When I was growing up, Thanksgiving was one of my very favorite holidays. Most of my memories involve helping mama in the kitchen while daddy fried the turkey outside. He always sat at the head of the table and carved the turkey setting it on our plates, saying grace before we began to eat. That was what I was most thankful for...Family. You never get another one, and although we had our issues, they were family. Family is something God gives you. Once I became a vampire, my family grew. Without Bill, I don't know where I'd be. He taught me so much for my new life. How to fight, how to survive, how to control myself. Well, that was partially thanks to Pam, but he was my maker, someone I could rely on. As I sit and watch Thanksgiving movies of families eating and sharing what they are thankful for it brings me back to my old life.

I found myself at my old house that night, peering into the window as daddy took a seat after carving the turkey. They all had smiles as they said grace and began to eat. One by one they went around the table saying what they were thankful for. Eden made me smile when she said she was thankful for conditioner. Our hair was known to be somewhat frizzy. Mama's thankfulness made a red tear fall from my eye, as she thanked the lord for two precious girls and prayed that Jessica was safe where ever she was. They'd given up that they'd ever find me, considering me kidnapped and murdered. Daddy tried to hide it but I saw the tear he wiped away as I turned not able to watch anymore as I sunk to my haunches and wiped the red tears from my face.

"I love you guys, and I'm still thankful for you." Was the last thing I whispered before rushing off into the night.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 am