For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Enter The Tiger

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Enter The Tiger Empty Enter The Tiger

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 am

Jessica had not contacted him as planned, and with this afternoon’s events, he was concerned. Instead of heading into town as planned, he turned off at the private exit for the Compton Estate…

As Quinn rolled up to the gate of Bill’s manor, a line of guards formed across the entry in front of the gate. He stopped the car and walked up to the guards, watching them carefully…

“I’m here to see Ms. Hamby, now open the gate.”

The head of the guards stepped from the shack, looking up to Quinn’s face.

“I’m sorry. Mr. Quinn. The facility is on lockdown, by order of the King of Louisiana. No exceptions.”

Quinn looked down at the little man. It was always a pity when this type gained power. They always felt they had to remind people of their position by throwing their weight around. Quinn sighed…

“It is your choice, young man…open the gates or replace them in the morning. The decision is yours.”

The guard looked at the military level Hummer that John was walking back to, then looked to the other guards…

One of the other guards stepped over and mentioned the “movie night” when He had arrived with Jessica and stayed until almost dawn…

Nodding in embarrassed understanding, he motioned for the gates to be opened and yelled for the guards inside to clear a path.

As Quinn rolled onto the property, he slowed and stopped at the gate. He looked at the guard that was not peeking from behind the shack’s doorway and smiled…

“Good choice….”

Quinn revved the engine and drove up near the door to park.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Enter The Tiger Empty Re: Enter The Tiger

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 am

I was laying on my bed when the intercom inside my room rang. Slowly hitting the button with a lethargic finger as I laid there staring at the wall. "Miss Hamby, a John Quinn is pulling in now." I hit the button and spoke almost hoarsely "Just send him up, I'm not moving." I laid there my hair a mess, water still in the tub, the past three hours were spent crying so much blood I was surprised I was alive. I was hungry, hadn't ate anything and just not myself. So many things going through my head as I laid there. He'd be concerned, he'd want to know but I couldn't tell him. I couldn't let him see me at my weakest AGAIN. How many times did I have to cry in front of this man. Wiping my face from the tears and covering the blood stained pillow as I waited to hear his footsteps.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

As the door opened, he caught a subtle hint of a familiar scent, but too faint to recognize. He figured it was residual from Bill. The scent overlaying it concerned him more though. The house was swimming with it...how did the servants not notice it?

He looked to the doorman and snapped, "Get me a pint of o+ warmed to body temp and call for a donor to Ms. Hamby's preferences. Don't gawk at me, DO IT!"

The little man ran toward the back of the building, hopefully to do what Quinn had told him.

When he returned with the blood in a chalice, Quinn snatched it from him. "Send the donor up as soon as he arrives. Send housekeeping up in twenty minutes. Now where is Jessica's room?"

The servant pointed to one of the doors, he opened it, bracing himself...

When he looked into the room, her back was to him and and there were only traces evident but he could smell much more blood than he saw.

Standing just inside the doorway, he whispered...

"Jessica...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

"I'm fine Quinn. I'm....I'm fine." I said weakly and tried to swallow to get my voice to sound somewhat normal. I could smell the blood mixing in with his scent that normally drove me crazy. Tonight I had no fight, no anything. The smell of his cologne gave me some sort of peace, I didn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to always be so weak and fragile in front of him, but no doubt it was always the case. Staring at the far wall of the picture of Jason and I a few months back, when things were good. I'd been staring holes in that photo for hours wondering why everything always went to shit. Why would it be different with Quinn. Two failed relationships could only mean a third was on the horizon, I despised this feeling.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 am

Quinn could smell the stale water in the bathroom, but the scent of blood and salt in this room told him more than anything visual could have. She had been crying...and long enough to be weakened...

He walked to the edge of the bed, still holding the chalice in his hands and sat down gently. He reached over and stroked her tear stained cheek and pulled some of the hair away from her face but did not try to move her. He followed her gaze to the picture and things began to make sense. That had not been Bill he smelled when he came in...

Quinn felt a growl building in his throat, and tried to suppress it. Instead he focused on Jessica. He stroked her side, and began to hum a song that was in his mind...trying to soothe her pain a bit...

"Jessica...here...drink...."

He lifted the chalice over her body, positioning it in front of her, without requiring her to turn to him....

"Jessica..." he said in a gentle whisper, "in this world, lots of people will try to grind you down. They need you to be small so they can be big. You let them think whatever they want, but you make sure you get yours. I am here for you, and I am not going anywhere. I've sent for a donor, and housekeeping will be up soon to clean things up...so when you are ready, I'd like to talk..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:54 am

I heard him growl slightly and closed my eyes. There were no more tears to cry, I'd given everything I had to Jason fucking Stackhouse and now I just felt numb. There was no sense of emotion what so ever. I didn't feel hatred, anger, sadness. He offered me the blood to which I knew I should drink but was not hungry. The glass was now in front of me as I looked at the chalice. I could smell the blood...O positive, the decent flavor. He began to give his words of wisdom and although it made sense, I wasn't listening. I just wanted to forget about everything. I wanted to never remember Jason Stackhouse. Could vampires be glamoured? Maybe Bill could say "As your maker I command you to forget" But it wouldn't be that easy. Maybe Holly could give me a spell, some potion to drink and never remember. Now I knew exactly how Hoyt felt. EXACTLY. I can't believe I hurt him this much. I was poison. I wasn't worthy of love. Why didn't he just let me meet the sun. All these thoughts ran through my head.

"...will be up soon to clean things up...so when you are ready, I'd like to talk..."

I felt stiff because I'd been lying there for three hours and felt so weak. "I'm not hungry Quinn. Thank you anyway. I'm just having a bad night okay."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:54 am

Quinn understood. He had gone through this, but was able to hide it...a bit better....

He lifted the chalice again, setting it on the bedside table. He laid down next to her, holding her close, whispering in her ear...

"I understand, Jessica...more than you could know...You can love someone so much...But you never expect it to hurt so much when the past comes back to haunt us..."

He stroked her side gently, a simple reminder that he was really there...

He begins to sing in whispered tones, his voice gentle but clear...

“When you're dreaming with a broken heart
    The waking up is the hardest part
    You roll outta bed and down on your knees
    And for a moment you can hardly breathe”

Quinn fell silent, and just wrapped her in his arms, hold her and expecting nothing in return...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:54 am

Listening to him sing to me began to make me feel better but I still felt numb as the thoughts from what had transpired with Jason and I earlier still ringing in my mind. "I don't care what YOU say Jessica, you're all the same! I've said it before and I'll say it again, and I ain't listenin' to you try to say any different!" I closed my eyes tightly to get his voice out of my head as I sat up and grabbed the chalice, draining it dry and tossing the cup down. I wanted to forget, I wanted comfort, I wanted....

With vampire speed I straddled Quinn and ripped his shirt open as I crushed my lips to his. My hands trailing to his belt as I took control. His lips...I could taste his scent and the smell of his cologne drove me more insane. There was a hole in my heart and I had to fill it. Desperation leaked from me as I fumbled with his belt. The knock at the door as the donor entered distracted me as I turned to see a male with sandy blonde hair, same frame and look as...Jason Stackhouse. All I saw was Jason. Flashing from Quinn to the donor as I sank my fangs into his neck and pulled the blood fast as he went limp and fell to his knees. I followed him and all my anger came to the surface just as it had in Vegas. Before I could blink he was dead. Blood dripped from my mouth, as I felt the rage come next.

"I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING!" Yelling to the corpse on the ground. I'd finally broke. And it wasn't good. Now Quinn saw me for the monster I was.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 am

A thousand things flashed through Quinn's mind as the situation unfolded on fast forward. Before he could react, she had gone from attacking him sexually to draining the young man who had only come to help. She screamed out at him and I could see where the aftermath was going to hit.

I moved from the bed as quickly as I could, pulling her from the body and pulling her to me, wrapping her in my embrace. I turned her face toward my own, not bothering to speak, only to hold her and show that I was not going anywhere...lifting one hand free, Quinn fished out his phone and hit the speed dial for Vincent.

"No time for pleasantries, Vincent. We have a 186 at the Compton Estate. Accidental overfeed. Bring the appropriate gear and...."

He listened as Vincent spoke...and cracked a whimsical smile...

"Yes...that will be perfect....please do hurry. Tell the gate that you are coming in under my request. "

Quinn chuckled as he lifted Jessica into his arms and walked toward the bathroom to help her clean up...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 am

I felt Quinn's large frame against mine as he pulled me into his arms and I just stayed there in a state of shock. I had snapped and he was holding me. I was a monster...and he was holding me. He called his assistant Vincent as I stood there and looked up at him with confusion. Looking back down to the man in a robe who was dead and shaking my head. The next thing I knew he swept me off my feet (literally) and carried me into the bathroom. The smell of old lilacs and stale water caught my nose. I was full from blood and had my strength back. He set me down as he walked to get a towel as I looked at him puzzled.

"Why can't I just find happiness? Is it really too much to ask Quinn?" Lowering my head to the floor as I lifted myself onto the sink counter and crossed my legs at the ankle. Placing my head into my hands and exhaling hard. I just wanted this night to be over with.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 am

Quinn listened to her question and thought carefully before answering. He moved the towel to the counter and filled the sink with hot water, dropping a washcloth into the water to soak.

He looked deeply into her eyes, and was silent. He lifted the cloth from the water and began to carefully wash her face, being as gentle as he could. every time an area was clear, he would lean in and kiss that spot, then go back to his task.

Once her face and hair had been gently washed and the water drained, he looked into her eyes and spoke softly...

"Happiness is not something that is found, Jessica. If life has taught me anything, it is that happiness is the journey, not the destination. Physical attractions are common, but a mental connection is rare. You asked me if it is too much to seek...no...it is the only real goal with seeking. We have begun to explore one path toward happiness, and I am looking forward to continuing that exploration..."

He lifted her face in his hands and smiled softly.

"Everyone had an oops now and then. You should have your strength back by now, so I will leave you to shower in peace. Let the heat wash the stress away, Jessica. Let the pain and suffering melt off of your mind. There is nothing but you and I that matter here. I will be close by, all you need to do is whisper my name, and I will be here...."

Quinn kissed her softly, handing her the towel and watched her...

"Or would you have me stay here with you?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 am

I watched him as he cleaned the blood from my face. Kissing each spot softly as he went. He explained about happiness and how it was about the journey not the destination. I stayed silent and calm as he spoke. Something about killing the donor made me feel better. Was Jason right, was I a monster? Was this my true nature? What if I ever hurt Quinn? What if things ended badly with him too? His smile, the one that always made her feel weak in the knees. His perfect straight teeth with a white glow. He asked if I wanted him to stay and all I wanted to do was forget Jason. If he could grant that I'd love him forever. But he couldn't and I had to deal with it.

I looked up at him and pushed myself off the counter, looking into his lavender colored eyes and ran a finger along the laugh lines of his face, up and around the creases by his eyes and his freshly shaved chin. Touching him with delicate hands as I stared into his eyes. Waiting to catch the gaze as I asked, "Do you love me or will you hurt me?" Glamouring him, I hated to do. But I had to know and this was the only truth tonight I'd get. I wanted his true feelings when I knew it couldn't be faked. Waiting for him to answer as his eyes were locked on mine.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:56 am

Quinn smiled, holding a finger to her lips. He leaned his head back, reaching in and removing a set of clear contacts from his eyes, cupping them in his hand before placing them in hers.

"I trust you, and I want you to be able to trust me...so ask again..I understand what is being done..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:56 am

I blinked a few times as he took contacts out. How did I miss that! I shook my head and realized what I was doing. He trusted me and wanted me to glamour him again. "I...you.....you shouldn't trust me, Quinn. All I do is get people I love hurt." I couldn't believe that I had tried to glamour him. Kiara had the same contacts that night at the bar. I should have known better. I was embarrassed. Looking down and pressing my lips together as I closed my eyes. He trusted me enough to tell me, he could have played along completely and just told me what I wanted to hear, but he didn't. I looked back up into his eyes, catching his gaze and waiting until the right time.

"Do...you....love me? Or do you just want to sleep with me?" I asked the second time, wondering if it were truly lust on his end. That would solve half the equation. He was hooked under my glamour by the way his eyes glazed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:56 am

Quinn felt the calm lassitude of the glamour come over him and din't fight it. He simply spoke his heart...

"I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. "

"We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once and that's why every minute we spend together has been seared in my memory. Ill never forget a single moment of it.

He took her hands in his as he spoke.

"To tell you the truth I really don’t know why I just randomly smile when you're around. You're just standing there and I just can’t stop smiling. Seeing you just once a night simply makes my night. I guess I’m just in love with you."

He smiled softly as he looked deep into her eyes...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am

I gasped when he spoke. Keeping his gaze in mine as he continued to pour his heart out. I could not believe my ears. Too good to be true rang so loud in my head. Looking down at his hands as he continued to speak, breaking the eye contact as I closed my eyes tightly. There was a knock at the door as my head snapped in that direction. Vincent....I looked back at him as he blinked and looked at me for reassurance I got what I needed. Looking back to the door and then back to him as I flashed to the door and opened it, letting Vincent in. Looking down at the corpse, and back at Quinn as he leaned against the door frame that led to the bathroom. Clearing my throat as I looked back to Vincent. "Don't let the guards see you...please." The man who resembled Jason was picked up by Vincent and carried out, getting his reassurance that he'd take care of it. As he left I closed the door and leaned against it, looking down.

"My emotions....sometimes I can't control them. I try....I try but...." Shaking my head trying to think of what to say to him after our last exchange.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am

Quinn held his fingers to her lips, tracing them gently...

"Emotions are like flowing water, Jessica. If you try to contain it, all it can do is burst free. That is it's nature..."

"You asked me something very pure and clear, and I let me heart answer for me. Would you be as open and clear in answering if I were to ask you that question? "

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am

He asked me if I could answer the same question I asked him. Right, the were thing. He wasn't like others, he could remember better than humans could. I stood there against the door and thought of what to say.

Enter The Tiger Tumblr_lovmk9TMQA1qbhf7do1_500

Sighing as I dropped my hands in defeat, giving him the truth from my heart.
    "As bad as I want to answer that question, right now I just can't. My head and my heart....*waves hands around as I speak* they are all sorts a fucked up. I feel shattered, I feel broken. I need to find time to repair myself before I can give myself to you. I can't hurt you too. I love our friendship, and I love....I love the way you love me and are there for me. But I can't risk hurting you too." Looking back into his eyes as I tried to read him; He was hard to read. Slowly raising my hand to his face, hesitating mid air afraid of him recoiling as I searched his eyes. "And I'm not even sure I can be fixed."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am

Quinn smiled with an understanding look on his face...

"Then all I ask is your trust. Trust in my love and trust that I will be patient and give you all the time you need. You feel shattered, let me be there for you to help pick up the pieces. You feel that you are broken, then let me be there to help you heal. Life without risk is no life at all. I will challenge the hazard, and gaze to the fates. You are my friend, and so much more. I am, and always will be, here for you. "

Quinn smiled and took her face in his hands and kissed her deeply...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am

A sense of calm rolled over me as he said he understood. It was such a relief. I couldn't lose him, but I feared hurting him or getting hurt. I knew risks were all a part of this game called love, but I was tired of risks. Risks have done nothing for me in the past. I nodded. "I trust you...." He smiled and took my face into his hands and kissed me deeply. My body melting into his as my hand fell onto his arm. My other hand reached up and laid above his heart as I felt it beat beneath my hand. His scent invading my nose as I closed my eyes and let him kiss me. Parting my lips slightly as a moan of pleasure escaped. I was lost in him and his kiss. Blankness filled my mind. I always used sex to fill the void I had, but not this time. The hand above his heart clutched the torn tatters of his shirt and pulled him closer into me. I had to stop and soon, but I couldn't. When he kissed me I felt better. It was like the glue piecing me back together. I had to stop....I couldn't...."Quinn..." I whispered against his lips as I continued to kiss him. STOP! I couldn't!
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:59 am

Quinn felt her pressing against his body, her kisses each a wonder against his lips, but he could see the tension building in her. Her cool touch over his heart was electrifying...

With a deep sigh, he stepped back, holding her away for a moment...

"Jessica...

He looked into her eyes, seeking clarity...

"We should stop...before things go to far..."

Her scent and arousal invaded his nose, making his instincts fight with his heart....

He stepped back again, momentarily out of her reach...

"Jessica..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Feeling him step back and call my name I nodded. "Yes." I understood he was only trying to prevent this from turning into something we both weren't ready for or would regret. I ran both my hands through my hair and took a calming breath. Seeing the time, I knew the sun would be coming up in a few hours. Looking down, slightly embarrassed to ask, "Can you just hold me? As my friend?" I shook my head and smiled, looking back up to his eyes. "I feel whole when you do. If it's too much I understand. I just...." I shrugged feeling the pain begin to resurface as I fought to push it back down. "I just don't wanna be alone...." Pressing my lips into a straight line, finally being vulnerable in front of him, laying it on the table.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

He smiled softly at her request.

Glancing over to see the housekeeper leaving the room, he chuckled...

Quinn scooped her into his arms, carrying her to the freshly changed bed, laying her down softly, then laid behind her, his lips close to her ear as he whispered,

"I can hold you, not as a friend, but as more...but without expectation. I will just enjoy being here with you. You will never need to be alone again..."

With a gentle kiss to the nape of her neck, he curled around her, wrapping her snugly in a gentle embrace...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

I smiled as he carried me over to the bed and gently laid me down, whispering in my ear the sweetest words and kissing the nape of my neck. I bit my bottom lip and opened my eyes. "Wait." I said as I stood from the bed and grabbed the photos of Jason from the wall, and threw them in my closet. Closing the door and standing facing the closed closet to compose myself before turning around with a smile. "Better." Instead of sleeping in my preferred attire, I stayed in the shorts and tank top I had on and crawled back into bed as he enveloped me in his arms. "If I...look dead...well, nevermind." I remembered him stating he'd been with many vampire lovers. Facing him as I ran a finger up his arm towards his chest. "What's your biggest regret?" I asked as I stared at the tattoo on his chest, following the design with my finger.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 pm

While she tossed the picture that had caused her so much pain in the closet, Quinn discarded the tattered remains of his shirt, returning to the same spot and watching her move around the room. She turned to face him, tracing a fingertip along his arm, and asked him a question that made him pause to think...

"Jessica, I could give a dozen answers of things I have regretted in my past, even in the recent present, but you have asked for my greatest regret. My dear, that could only be one thing. That regret would be that I did not let you know how I felt sooner. I have to consider all the time we have lost because I waited to tell you how I felt about you..."

He looked directly into her eyes so she could see the truth in his words...

"And you, Jessica...what would you say has been your greatest regret?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:08 am