For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Lions, Tigers, and Makers...Oh my.

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Lions, Tigers, and Makers...Oh my. Empty Lions, Tigers, and Makers...Oh my.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 pm

I awoke before the sun went down and could feel it in my body. The sun was still out, my light tight windows were protecting the inside of my room. Opening my eyes as I turned my head to see Quinn still in human form, but shirtless laying next to me with his arm around me. He'd stayed all day just like he promised. A smile came to me as I leaned my head back down on the pillow. I gently lifted his heavy sleeping arm and jumped out of bed without making a sound or shifting the bed. Laying his arm back down over a pillow, not noticing it was the one with my blood tears from the previous night. I turned for the bathroom and headed for a shower. Closing the door as I undressed and stepped into the shower. The clear glass walls surrounding it began to steam as the temperature rose from the water.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Lions, Tigers, and Makers...Oh my. Empty Re: Lions, Tigers, and Makers...Oh my.

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Quinn awoke to noticing two things, on the verge of panic...

Jessica was gone....

He smelled dried blood....

Looking to where she had been laying, he saw a blood stained pillow, but no blood on the sheet......odd....then his ears and nose picked up the scent and sound of the shower running in the bathroom. Looking at the pillow, he remembered her crying her heart out yesterday. Housekeeping must have missed it when they cleaned up...

Quinn rolled his eyes and threw the offending pillow from the bed before getting up himself. As tempting as the idea of joining her was....he waited, sitting on a chair at the corner, for her to finish her "morning" ritual...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Closing my eyes as the water fell over my body, trails of clear droplets rolling slowly down my pale white skin. Letting the water fall on my face trying to wash away all the pain from last night. Once I was done lathering up my body and shampooing my hair I stood under the water as the white suds began to fall down my back and into the drain. A renewal. Tonight was a new night. Once I was clean I stepped out and grabbed the towel, dried my body and wrapped my hair up. Grabbing my robe with the purple flower print and tying it on the side, I needed clothes. Slowly opening the door and sneaking in to the darkened room as I padded the carpet. I stopped and gasped when I saw Quinn sitting in the chair, my hand going to my heart. "Jesus Christ! You scared the life outta me."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Quinn chuckled softly, drawing a deep breath, enjoying the scent of her freshly washed skin...

"well imagine how I felt to wake up along with a blood soaked pillow lying next to me..."

He pointed to the offending pillow now residing against the far wall...

Quinn smiled again, watching how the robe gently wrapped around her curves of her body so perfectly...

"If you are up to it, I think we have a few things to talk about..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

I looked at the pillow he pointed to and closed my eyes, nodding. "Yeah...um. Sorry?" His eyes trailed my body as I felt like blushing, his look--so calm, confident, pleased. I cleared my throat nervously when he said he wanted to talk.

"Did I...Did...what did I do?" Fear washed over me that I somehow blacked out and lost control or something. Killed more people, did something to him....uh oh.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Quinn laughed quietly at her reaction...

"Nothing like that, Jessica. We just have some things to talk about before much more time passes...."

Quinn stood quietly, took her hand and guided her back over to the chair. He sat down, pulling her playfully into his lap, enjoying the feeling of her cool skin against the heat of his own, the scent from her shower still clinging to her...

"yes...we have many things to discuss...some trivial...some very much not so..."

He bent down and kissed her neck softly, slowly before continuing....

"Things like how public we want to be for now...and how we are going to explain this to your Maker...just little things like that..."

He held her close as he gave his words time to sink in...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I stood there and exhaled a breath I had been holding after he reassured me it was nothing bad. Pulling my into his lap as I laughed and looked at him, he leaned in to kiss my neck and I closed my eyes. He asked what was on his mind, as I remembered.

"Bill! Oh Bill." I hit my head as I remembered the Summit ended yesterday and that only meant....that only meant....crap. "For now, public wise, I'd like to keep it just friends. No kissing or anything lovey. Especially....especially around Jason." I looked back into his eyes to explain. "Just until I can heal myself. I just need some time." Smiling to let him know nothing had changed. "As for Bill.....You may want to get out of here before he returns. I'm not sure....he'll like this."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Quinn chuckled, and curled his arms more firmly around her.

"No problem, Jessica. I told you I would be patient, and I will be..."

Quinn got quiet for a moment then chuckled again...

"Do you think anyone that was at Merlotte's would buy the whole "friends" thing though? Don't get me wrong, I'll play along..I just don't know how many will believe it."

Quinn ran gentle fingertips across her stomach, caressing every curve...

"As for Mr. Compton, He and I have been needing to talk for quite some time anyway, but I do agree that I should not be here when he arrives home from the Summit. I have someone at the airport to notify me when he..."

Quinn is interrupted by a buzzing from his phone. He flips it open and gets an amused grin.

"Well, looks like we need to move things along. Compton just landed at the airport..."

Quinn smiled at her and spoke with a serious tone.

"If you prefer, I can wait and we can speak to him together....or I can go run some errands and check on the repairs at Merlotte's...that way you to can have some 'daddy/daughter' time."

Quinn could not help but laugh at his own joke...

"the choice is yours, hon...I'm game either way...but the additional guards are staying here until he is home. I will not risk your safety to protect his sensibilities."

He leaned in, kissing her neck again...and waited for her to speak...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 pm

I chuckled. "Well I could care less about the people at Merlotte's right now, no matter what they saw. They're all gossipers anyhow so no matter if we only were friends in the beginning, we'd be more. Because I'm a vampire and that's what vampires do apparently." I shrugged and looked back at him, dropping the subject. He told me Bill had landed at the airport and I sighed. "No, I think it's best if you go. Give me time to talk to him about...Victor and his cronies. He'll probably be a bit cranky from the flight anyhow. I can call you later? Tell you how it went?" Smiling as I looked back at him when he kissed my neck. He sure made it hard to concentrate kissing me so much, It was hard not to take advantage of him. But, I wasn't complaining.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

"No need to call..I'll give you guys the time to talk, and come back after midnight...that way there will still be time for the three of us to talk, and/or he and I to talk. At worst, I can pick up my people when I come by."

Quinn shifted her in his lap, turning her so they could face each other and pressed his lips to her, kissing her deeply. When he pulled away, he had a grin on his face...

"I will keep affection to a low key...and nothing around Stackhouse until you say otherwise...but I cannot promise I won't steal an occasional kiss when nobody's watching."

He gave her a quick squeeze and relaxed his arms so she could get up if she wanted...

"In either case, I should probably head out, if he drives anything like you do..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm

I nodded and smiled, feeling his lips to mine again as I relaxed and felt my hunger start to grow again. He pulled away as I slowly opened my eyes and let out a giggle when he said he'd steal a kiss or two...or five. Licking my lips as I inhaled his scent again. I laughed at his comment about my driving. "Yeah well, like father like daughter." Standing so that he could get up, I folded my arms across my chest and smiled. "Be safe."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Quinn goosed her as she got up, laughing...

"You too, Jessica...I mean it...and please try not to pick on your Maker too badly...remember, I am still wanting to talk with him...and a good mood would help...I might even give him a present...that poor fool that made the attempt on me...kind of a peace offering..."

He stood up, stretching out and winking at her.

"I can't remember the last time I slept that well, Jessica. Thank you for that..."

He smiled again and turned to head out the door...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I smiled as he stretched, "I slept good too. No nightmares for once." I said with a scoff and shake of my head. He walked over to the door as I reviewed his last statement in my head, my face turning to concern.

"A gift...wait, made an attempt on you?! Victor sent someone after you?! Why didn't you tell me that!"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Quinn stopped at the door.

"Don't know that it was Victor for certain...no proof. I thought your Maker might enjoy seeing how far he could get in the questioning...and as for not telling you...it didn't seem important at the time..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I nodded sarcastically. "Right, that didn't seem important? A threat on your life? Not important? I suppose it wasn't important when I was missing when you woke up. Get real Quinn. Just as much as you worry about me, I....worry about you too." Looking into his deep violet eyes, determined to get him to understand. "Don't keep something like that from me again. Okay?" Dropping my hands to my sides as I rushed to him, and wrapped my arms around his torso, my head on his chest.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Quinn felt his skin flush with pleasure as she was once again in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and smiled, stroking her hair gently.

"I promise...he was truly inept though...he forgot to take the safety off the gun..."

Quinn stayed like that until his phone beeped again.

"Jessica....if I stay much longer, we are going to be explaining things to your maker very quickly..."

He reluctantly pulled back and smiled at her.

"I'll see you later tonight, Jessica...even if only for a moment, that is a promise."

He drank her in with his eyes as he backed toward the door to the hallway...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I nodded and let him walk out the door, leaning against the door frame as I watched him walk away. That man sure could fill out blue jeans. Back and front. I shook my head and smiled, biting my lip. Oh how would I explain him to Bill....Smelling my robe as remnants of his scent and cologne were on me. Closing my eyes as I realized Bill would smell him. Rushing back to the shower and quickly scrubbing my body, drying off again and placing the robe in the closet for future dress.

I dressed in sweat pants and a tank top, with my usual plaid oversized shirt I stole from Bill. I had to look as if I'd been lounging. If any of those guards said a word I'd rip their throats out myself, vampire be damned. They were worse than women in a beauty parlor. My hair now dry and hung down in loose messy curls as I plopped down on the couch and waited for Bill.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Bill had exited the car as it had pulled up outside his home and for that he was greeted with the sight of familiarity, home. He welcomed it with open arms and trudged up the stairs towards the door, his hand eloping the door handle as he once enjoyed the silence, turning the door handle the door creaked open. Not a sound nor a whisper could be heard and for that moment he felt a surge of dread and worry "Jessica?.....Jessica?" he called out to her, waiting to see if she was still here, and that his guards had followed his instructions to the tee.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I heard the door open as Bill stepped in and called out my name. I closed my eyes and plastered a smile on my face. Rushing from the den into the foyer by the door. "Bill! You're home!" Rushing to hug him since I really did miss him. "How was the Summit? Go okay?" I smiled and looked up at him searching his face for any hint he might know...
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

As he heard her angelic voice, he eloped her into a tight embrace as he could tell that she was still here and under guard from what he had instructed, he felt warmth and he felt some what proud that she had obeyed his instructions. "The Summit went better that i expected too be. I would have been home sooner, but a storm kept us all in New Orleans. I took the first available flight to Shreveport" he smiled at her. "Now I need you to tell me everything that happened in my absence, what of Victor? Were you hurt?" he wrapped his arms around her shoulder and lead her into the lounge.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

I pulled away from him as I looked up at him. He asked what happened in his absence as I twirled my hair in my finger and thought before I spoke. "Well, long story short: He wants Sookie and Kiara and won't stop until he gets one or both. He took off with Jason and Kiara, both got hurt, Kiara more than Jason, unfortunately. I mean...*shaking my head as I continued* Then Kiara somehow got away from him, Jason was glamoured to have a bomb on his chest and blow Merlotte's up. Quinn was there and recognized the device he tore it off him and threw it causing a wall to be blown up." Looking up at his reaction as I continued, "And so here we are....Victor still out there..somewhere." Smiling nervously as I waited for his reaction.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

So now it seemed that Victor had his eyes set on hurting him and going through those he cared deeply for to achieve it. Victor Madden wouldn't last long as he already things in motion as did Eric to help achieve the demise of Victor and to hopefully evade a full scale war. "Quinn?....John Quinn? He had returned to Bon Temps? And he just happened too be in the center of this incident" he frowned as he and the tiger had previous grievances that he did not wish to discuss with Jessica. He took a whiff and caught the scent of a unfamiliar scent that he did not recognise. "Has there been anyone else in the manor? I specifically asked the guards for you too be under guard alone!" he turned to meet Jessica's gaze, as she refused to meet his gaze.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

I cleared my throat and started to speak, then closed my mouth. "Well...I....he was....he was my customer that night. He had just arrived back in town *nodding as the story to tell him was coming to my mind* and he came in for dinner. When Jason came in he...helped. Yep. That's what happened. And um...then Victor sent someone to kill him, so he sent more security here to protect me in case, since Victor obviously would want to kill me since I'm your progeny and and and um he came in to tell me about the extra security. Yeah. How nice of him right?" Smiling sweetly and innocently at him.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 pm

He listened to Jessica and from what he could feel through their bond, he was convinced that she was lying to some extent and he knew that she could see it in his eyes. "Jessica...You have blossomed into a magnificent woman. But you have never once lied too me. I would like to know the truth" He had never once been lied to by Jessica, and he hoped that this was not a new trait.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:23 pm