For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Followed By Spies

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Followed By Spies Empty Followed By Spies

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Night had fallen, and those of us Pam sent out to search were out looking for Bubba. We had all decided we could cover more ground by dividing up, and each of us had our own sections we were to cover before daylight.

I cannot believe Bubba has just disappeared. We all are hoping for the best, yet dreading the find out the worst. If something has happened to Bubba, the shit is really going to hit the fan.

Before leaving for our search, we were warned to be extra vigilant. We do not know what happened, therefore we do not know what could be out there watching us, threatening us. Truth is, we have no idea what we are up against. The bad thing about having us separated, since we don't know what we are up against, is we very well could be heading right to a massacre. Apart, we are not as strong against a threat as we would be together. Though, I'd be damned if I went without taking down some bitches first.

We all left Fangtasia just after sundown, after gulping down donor blood faster than a drunk at Merlotte's would down shots on a good night, and not just because we are vampires either. It was essential for us to leave as quickly as possible.

That was hours ago and now, with sunlight coming shortly, I had started making my way back to Fangtasia. I had no clue if anyone else had come across anything, though we did all agree we would call if we came across anything Bubba related. It seems to me like tonight has been a huge waste, as far as I know.

While running back, wondering what the others possibly came across, I notice some movement in the corner of my eye. I continue running, faster than ever, because whoever, or whatever, it is there is definitely more than one. I know I am no match for that, though I'd sure as hell try. I hope they don't notice me, and I can pass through quickly, but after another minute I become very aware that I am being followed. After a little while, I begin to pick up familiar scents, and pick up speed, running as fast as I possibly can. All I need to do is make it back to Fangtasia and I know either they will back off, or I will have the others there to back me up. Once the familiar scent becomes stronger, I hear these bitches begin to back off. Smart fuckers, I was hoping they'd be dumb enough to continue following me.

After another couple minutes, I come upon Fangtasia, and I hurry inside closing the door behind me. Almost time to switch with those able to search during the day, and to tell Pam and Eric about me being followed.