For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Meeting For The First Time

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Meeting For The First Time Empty Meeting For The First Time

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:17 pm

"Hey Momma, I am going out" Hoyt yelled as he pulled on his jacket, his hand running through his freshly washed hair, his skin still slightly damp from his shower, his skin smelling sweetly of mint and lemon. A particular favorite scent of his, a scent that Amy had introduced him too. Amy Lee Williams, the first person he had met in Anchorage.

"WHERE YOU GOING HOYT?" Maxine Fortenberry bellowed from her sofa as she forced a handful of butterscotch popcorn into her mouth as her eyes never drifted from the TV.

"Merlotte's momma. I won't be long" Hoyt shouted back as he tied his lace on his boot.

"Alright, oh and bring me back one of Lafayette's burgers?" she mumbled with her mouthful of popcorn.

"Yes momma, bye" Hoyt smiled as he closed the door behind him, tossing his keys to his truck and the house in his hand.

Merlotte's Bar and Grill wasn't too far from his mama's house, a few minute walk, he stuffed his hands into his pocket, there was a warm breeze in the air, tingling his skin. The road was quiet as all that could be heard was the crunch of the dirt beneath his feet, his travels to the bar did not take long as the bright lights broke through the trees as he walked across the parking lot. Kicking the dirt of his boots as he opened the door and stepped inside, sliding his jacket off, the bar was busy tonight, busier than he had seen. He watched as the waitresses busied around serving food, he scanned the room for an empty booth, seeing an empty one in back.

He made his way over, saying his 'hello's' to some people he recognized from church, sliding into the empty booth, he waited to be served.

Meeting For The First Time Hoyt-fortenberry-1024
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Meeting For The First Time Empty Re: Meeting For The First Time

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:27 pm

I had been able to avoid seeing Hoyt for the last week or so since he was down visiting his momma. It was weird seeing him look at me like he didn't know who I was, considering the extensive history we had...but then I'd remember I glamoured him to forget me...forget everything. I hadn't told Quinn he was back in town, there really was no reason to. Tonight was New Years Eve and he was in charge of some gala event in Shreveport. Holidays were always his busiest times and I'd have to get used to it.

As I looked at my order pad, with pen in hand I walked absentmindedly to my newest table, so distracted by my thoughts I never noticed it was...him. I looked up to meet his eyes and stopped dead in my tracks almost dropping my pen. I was closing tonight and Holly was way too busy to take this table for me. Act normal I tried to tell myself...yeah normal. I forced a smile and asked "What can I get for you tonight?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Hoyt continued to wait patiently until a waitress came to him to take his order, twiddling his thumbs as a red haired waitress headed over too his table, he did not recognise the newest waitress, the only red haired waitress he knew was Arlene.

"What can I get for you tonight?"

"Um hi, can I get a beer and...some Gumbo please?" he smiled politely at his waitress.

"You new here? Not seen you before" he quizzed.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 pm

It was so odd hearing his voice again after eight months. He seemed happier, more content. "Beer and gumbo it is." I said as I wrote down his order for gumbo, he smiled and I began to turn around when he asked if I was new here. I stopped and looked over my shoulder at him. The honest truth was no I wasn't, but for him...I was. I promised him I'd stay out of his life and stay out I would. "Yeah...you can say that." I said before turning back to face the bar, closing my eyes to collect my thoughts before opening them to walk to the bar for his beer. "Need a bud, Sam." He looked at me then at the table Hoyt sat at. "Everything okay?" I forced a smile and nodded as he popped the lid on the beer and handed it to me. "Sure, everything is fine." Turning to walk back to his table I sat down the beer on the table top and smiled slightly. "Your gumbo will be out soon." I said before turning to leave.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 pm

He watched as his waitress headed towards the bar to get him his beer, he smiled at Sam and gave a small wave as he smiled back at Hoyt. He always liked Sam, and considered him a friend, they would need to catch up soon, but right now, his stomach rumbled as she returned with his beer and said that his gumbo would be out soon.

"Um-So what's your name? I used to come here a lot before I moved. Do you have a few minutes?" he smiled softly "Please join me?" he smiled again.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm

I was stopped again by his questions. "Um-So what's your name?" I turned around to face him again as he continued. "I used to come here a lot before I moved. Do you have a few minutes?" He smiled that boyish smile that made him Hoyt. "Please join me?" He asked politely. It brought me back to the first night I stepped into Merlotte's and met Hoyt Fortenberry.

He sat alone, his eyes meeting mine as I took my seat. He was so kind to me and asked to join me. Deja Vu all over again....

I blinked a few times to shake my memories and answered him. "Jessica...Jessica Hamby. Actually....I...." I looked around and thought about how to go about this the right way, to do the right thing. God was listening to me tonight as Lafayette rang the bell. "ORDA UP!" He yelled out as I smiled and turned to go get his food. Carrying the bowl of gumbo out to him on the tray, I sat it down before him with utensils wrapped in a napkin. The smell of the food making my nose wrinkle slightly. "Here you are. Thank you for the invitation but I'm working and really can't. Sorry." I gave him a smile and prayed that I did the right thing.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:04 pm

"Jessica Hamby, a beautiful name" he smirked, he was just about to ask another question when he heard Lafayette call out for his food to be served, as Jessica placed the hot bowl of gumbo on his table with his utensils.

"Thank you for the invitation but I'm working and really can't. Sorry."

"That's fine, maybe next time" Hoyt reached into his pocket and fished out $20 and extended it to Jessica, and another $10, "Keep the change, and there is a tip there for you Jessica, thank you" he smiled again.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:07 pm

My mouth slightly gaped open as I watched him open his wallet and retrieve thirty dollars. "Oh Hoyt...I..." I looked from him and the money and sighed softly as I took it and nodded. My eyes widened when I remembered our conversation and he didn't mention his name to me. Before he could catch that slip I smiled and turned to go cash out his ticket.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

"Oh Hoyt...I..." he caught on as she disappeared from his table. He didn't remember mentioning his name, nor did she ask for it? Confused he stood from his table and followed her to the bar.

"Excuse me? But how do you know my name?" he quizzed her, confused as how she would know his name, when they just met.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am

I looked up as I stood behind the bar at the register cashing his ticket out and getting his change. He followed me and asked how I knew his name. Oh great good job Jessica. I smiled a bit and met his eyes. "I overheard your momma say her son's name was Hoyt and then saw you with her I figured you were Hoyt." I placed his change on the bar, knowing I couldn't take a nineteen dollar tip from him. Thinking fast I hoped I was able to convince him of my explanation.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 am

"I overheard your momma say her son's name was Hoyt and then saw you with her I figured you were Hoyt"

He listened to her, his eyes kept firmly onto hers, he could sense that something was not right, was she telling the truth? He looked at the nineteen dollar tip on the bar.

"That's for you, keep it...and thank you Jessica" he nodded at her before returning back to his booth, sliding in, the warmth of the Gumbo and the wonderful smell. He glanced back at Jessica at the bar, something wasn't right.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:44 am

I watched as he kept his eyes on mine as if studying me to see if I was being honest. I swallowed thickly and continued to look in his eyes. "That's for you, keep it...and thank you Jessica" He gave me a nod with a confused "not buying it" look on his face as he turned and went back to the booth he'd been sitting at. He glanced back at me and I looked down. I sighed and turned my back to him, closing my eyes. This was harder than I thought it would be. Should I glamour him into never having seen me tonight? Too much glamour could be bad though as I thought about Ginger. Poor girl barely had a brain left. He wouldn't give up on the tip, I knew Hoyt well enough to know that. Taking the money from the counter I placed enough in the till for a beer and brought him another. I placed it on the table in front of him. "Thank you for the tip. You really didn't have to, so that's on me. Have a great night and a good New Year." Everyone had the channel on Times Square celebration for New Years Eve. In only two hours time, central, it would be 2013.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:09 am