For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Just a night at work

Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Just a night at work Empty Just a night at work

Post by Eric Northman Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 pm

He burst in through the back door of the bar.

“You’re late Northman!” yelled his boss. Eric rolled his eyes as he put on his vest to take over the bar. “Bite me Jeff, I told you I go to school” he said as he made sure he looked presentable. Eric was just your average college student; broke, working too much and not sleeping enough. However the one thing that separated Eric from the rest of the other college students was his good looks. Being a bartender meant he made tons of tips, usually from women who just wanted to see him smile, or even better, take him home.

However Eric was as virgin as he was gorgeous. He’d been an awkward teenager and puberty had not been kind to him. But once his limbs had become proportional to his body, his voice evened out and his skin cleared up he was the proverbial diamond in the rough.

Just a night at work 2rnk4rq

He took his spot behind the bar and began serving drinks. Like moths attracted to a flame the ladies flocked the bar. They giggled and flirted and did their best to get his attention. He just smiled and served drinks. Tips were good but having been awkward as a teenager he wasn’t too eager to be like the other guys who picked up girls like they picked up beer: whatever looked cheap, tasty and always more than one in a night.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Just a night at work Empty Re: Just a night at work

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

It was a night like any other: she was bored out of her mind. This little town held nothing of interest but a few tasty morsels she had already tasted and all but tapped out. So tonight she was going "out on the town" and by that, she meant the local watering hole. She wanted to present herself, let people know that she was in town and that she meant business.

She arrived in the parking lot and shut off her car then slid out smoothly; she was wearing black leather pants, a tight black and dark purple corset and boots that laced up her legs to her knees. A smirk crossed her face as she sauntered into the bar and straight to a booth in the back. People stopped speaking as she sat in the booth and they turned away when she cast her gaze on their faces. Bunch of freaking blood bags. Sat there calmly with her legs crossed and hands laying on the table as she not so patiently waited for a waiter to ask for her order.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Eric was now waiting tables, once the boss was behind the bar counter. With his signature black apron and note pad he walked over to the corner booth. Everyone had gone silent and were avoiding the woman at the back.

Only very few things could make a bar full of rednecks shut up and one of those things was a vampire. There weren't many of them around these parts, most of them stuck to the city and not this little hole in the ground. However he had a job to do and for the most part vampires weren't aggressive to humans, not the ones who bothered to sit at a booth and wait their turn anyways.

"Welcome, what can I get you Ma'am?" he asked with a pleasant smile on his face.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Welcome, what can I get you Ma'am?

She looked up when she heard his voice and gave him a bright smile. He was the only one in the place looking at her; everyone else was silent as the proverbial grave. He didn't even hesitate when asking her for her order. She liked that. Not bashful.

"Do you have any Tru Blood? I prefer O positive. And I want it hot, not warm or room temperature. Hot. K?" She gave him another smile as she uncrossed her legs then crossed them again slowly.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:09 pm

He nodded as he wrote it down "Yes Ma'am. One O positive hot true blood coming right up" he said as he walked back to the bar.

His boss handed him a cold bottle of true blood, it was A positive. Eric looked at the man who just said "vamper will take what we got and like it" Eric merely rolled his eyes, went back behind the bar and pulled out the right bottle of True Blood and popped it in the microwave for a bit longer than usual.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Upon hearing the boss, she simply raised a brow and stood from where she sat. She made it to the bar in mere seconds and had her hand on the neck of the "boss man" even more quickly.

"I beg your pardon, but this vampire will take what she asked for, and you will like giving it to her. You need to show respect for your patrons, especially those that are more than 5 times your age." She gave his throat a squeeze and let go, the man falling to the floor in a heap before getting up and running towards his office.

Heard the microwave go off and turned towards it, offering the blonde man a smile as she sat regally on a bar stool and took the bottle from him. Nasty stuff, that Tru Blood. But she highly doubted they would have human blood on tap, and knew that no one would be a willing donor. Last thing she wanted was the Authority jumping down her throat for draining another human.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Eric nodded at the woman. His boss looked like he was about to wet his pants. Eric wiped his hands and sighed.

"Ma'am....I think you should go. My boss isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and he'll be stirring up trouble."

The vampire put money down, tipped him and left in the flash.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 pm