For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Work, work, work.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Work, work, work. Empty Work, work, work.

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm

<I had spent the night with my viking, most of my day sleeping. Now I had to get to work; I wasn't too excited about seeing Sam. He wasn't real happy with me these days, what with my living with Eric and missing more work than normal.>

<I walked into the bar, order book and pen in my apron pocket, a smile on my face and my green scarf wrapped around my neck. Might as well not "show off" where my vampire "marked me" and not piss him off.> Sam! I'm here!! <Arlene gave me a look as I came in.> Giiiiiirl, you know Sam is all kinds of pissed that you have been missing work! <I rolled my eyes at her and kept going about my business. If Sam had something to say, he'd pull me aside and say it.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Work, work, work. Empty Re: Work, work, work.

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 pm

*I was doing inventory and orders for the next two weeks when I heard Arlene in the hallway next to my office. I heard Sookie's voice as she greeted Terry in the kitchen. I ran my hands through my hair. Even though I had Luna, who was amazing, it still hurt that Sookie chose a dead man over me. Well...two dead men. A growl escaped my throat as I stood and gathered my thoughts before going out there with a temper. One thing was for sure, Sookie didn't take to kindly to threats, or attitude about her relationships. I made my way to the bar to empty the bar till from lunch and saw her with the green scarf around her neck. I couldn't help myself it just blurted out before I could think* Why hide it, everyone knows whats under there. *I shook my head* That why you ain't been coming to work??
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Sam! <I said loudly as I moved my hand up to gently touch the scarf; my neck was still sensitive and it sent pleasant tingles through my body when I touched it.... Made me miss my Viking even more.>

I hide it out of respect for you. You should respect me and not at that way! <I cut my eyes at him and sighed. Sam was on my "perma-block" list in my mind, meaning I didn't want to slip and see what he was thinking. I ignored his second question> How's Luna?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 pm

"Out of respect for ME?! Oh come off it Sookie. You had any respect for anyone you'd know its not polite to miss work and barely ever call." *I regretted it the minute I said it. Trying to not get into it more I turned my back to her to face the register and shook my head with a heavy sigh.* "She's great. How's your vampire?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:20 pm

<I shook my head and stared at him> Ya know what? I am a terrible worker, aren't I? Maybe you should just FIRE ME AGAIN! <I turned on my heel and headed to the first table, sighing inwardly when I saw Jane Bodehouse.>

Evenin' Jane. What can I getcha tonight? <I looked over my shoulder at Sam and fought the urge to go back and smack him.> Eric is FINE, by the way. Better than fine; he's PERFECT.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:23 pm

*I'd done it again and stuck my foot in my mouth. I hated Sookie angry with me, even worse making her feel like every other asshole does about her consorting with vamps. It was the jealousy talking and I knew it. I waited until she had taken Jane's order and as she walked to the kitchen I passed her heading to my office.* "A word, Sookie?" *As I motioned to my office. I had to make things right. I didn't wanna fire her, I just...who knew what I wanted anymore.*
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:04 pm

<I rolled my eyes at LaLa, who proceeded to laugh in that reassuring, calming tone of his. I gave him my order and followed after Sam into his office. I had no idea what was going to happen now; I was kind of nervous.>

<I walked in and shut the door behind me before going to sit down in front of his desk.> I'm sorry I snapped, Sam. Please don't fire me. I need this job..... <I started rambling>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:08 pm

*I walked in ahead of her and turned to face her as she closed the door and walked to my chair. I looked at her and sighed.* "Sookie, I had no right to say any of that. You had every right to get upset with me. I was out of line." *I folded my arms across my chest and leaned against my desk.* Its just I worry about you, I just don't trust those vampires. They could snap at any moment, Remember what Bill did to you...and he "loved" you. *I did the air quotations on the word love and could tell she wasn't amused by this conversation.*
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Just stop. <I said as I looked at him. Bill and Eric were sore subjects with me and Sam, mainly because I knew a part of him still cared about me, a part of me cared for him in some weird way, another part of me would always love Bill no matter what, and the biggest part of me wanted nothing more than to stay with Eric every hour of every day and night.>

What Bill did to me was wrong, we both know it. But he knows it too. That's water under the bridge, Sam. Okay? <I sighed and walked over, wondering if what I was doing was smart. Took another breath and wrapped my arms around him quickly> Eric isn't going to hurt me, Sam. I wish you would just give him a chance.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:29 pm

*I looked away as she scolded me for judging her choice of men. I listened to her words and nodded in agreement that it was indeed water under the bridge. I made a mental note that if Eric so much as hurt her I'd kill him. Next thing I know, she had her arms around me and she smelled so good. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her protectively and smiled.* "Oh, Sooks..I'm trying...I only want you to be happy. Just still sore I guess that I wasn't the one who could. I'll try to give him a chance...try. But I ain't promisin' nothin'." I took in her scent once more and wanted this moment to last forever.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm

<I hugged him tighter still and pulled away slowly before planting a kiss on his cheek> So, I still got a job, right? <I winked at him and took a step back, taking a deep breath as his thoughts invaded mine.> I just want her to be happy. Be happy, Sook. Even if it isn't with me. God, she smells beautiful.

<I hated this curse sometimes; it could ruin EVERYTHING. I smiled at him.> Seriously though, how are you and Luna? Things good? The little one good?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 pm

*I wished that moment would have lasted all night. She pulled away and kissed my cheek. I loved Luna dearly, but Sookie always had my heart. I felt my cheeks warm a little and I rubbed the back of my neck.* "Sooks, you know you'll always have a job here, but I gotta business to run you know. All I ask is if you can't make it in give me a call so I can replace you. Or would you rather go part time?"

She asked about Luna, and I smiled thinking of her and Emma. "They both are great. Emma still a little torn about her father, but uh...yeah things are...okay."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:59 pm

<I nodded before answering> I promise I'll try to be in for my shifts from now on. It's just been crazy with remodeling and everything.... I don't handle stress real well, ya know?

<I reached up and gently touched his cheek, giving him a reassuring smile> You're a good man, Sam Merlotte. And a good friend. Thank you. <Stepping back, I gave him a smile before turning for the door> Anything else?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 pm

*I smiled and shook my head* "No, that's about it. Let's get to work, I ain't paying you to talk." *I gave her a wink with a smile and followed her out my office. Holly and Jessica would be coming in soon. It was Monday night, but no tellin' if we'd be busy or not. And I was certain Jane would be up to her usual tricks. I needed a run and badly.*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 am