For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Work, Work, Work

Claude Crane
    Claude Crane

Work, Work, Work Empty Work, Work, Work

Post by Claude Crane Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm

*Pulling up in the back of the club, I get out of the car and unlock the back door. I turned on the lights as I went through and went into my office. I grabbed the clipboard from my desk, went out to the bar, and started doing inventory. As I was filling out the form, my mind drifted off and suddenly I was feeling alone and depressed again. I was starting to really miss my family and knew I needed to be with them. I was off in my own world when I heard someone clear their throat. Jumping back into reality, I see Jeff, the bouncer, staring at me with an eyebrow raised. I just shook my head and asked what he needed. He explained to me that he needed the weekend off and I told him I understood. After he left, I was alone again with my thoughts. I grabbed my cell and scrolled down to Rita's number to send a text. I decided not to text her because I knew she would probably be busy at work. I gave up on work and headed home. Maybe I will go out tonight and see what trouble I can cause to distract myself*

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am