For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Wise Words

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Wise Words Empty Wise Words

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:06 pm

-After leaving the bar, seeing Rene and Arlene so happy; Tara human and apparently straight; Alcide was with Debbie who was also alive. It was all almost so much. Then there was Sam who couldn't stop touching her when they were alone. It was weird, she kinda liked it, but that was besides the point. He was engaged and expecting a baby with Luna, none of this was right. Sam said he'd close up and meet her at home, which apparently was nearby. He told her Gran still lived in the same place and she visited often so after work she was determined to go there. Would she see her Gran again? Who cared what reality this was, she could talk and hug her Gran that's all that mattered. Rushing over to the large farmhouse she lived in for so long, she got out the car and all but ran up to the door. Not bothering to knock because of her excitement, she walked in and looked around. Things were different, but the same as they were in the past.-

"Gran? Are you here? Gran?"
    Adele Stackhouse
    Adele Stackhouse

Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words

Post by Adele Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Adele sat propped up in her bed and read the latest Danielle Steel novel as she always did before turning in for the night. Usually she'd wait up for Sookie, but these days Sookie was a married woman. Oh how happy she was for her that she'd fell in love with Sam. He was such a good man. Her heart ached for her grand son Jason, the whole town ostracized him for his actions. She wasn't really confident that he'd done such horrendous acts. Her Jason was not that cruel to kill someone. She heard someone calling her name downstairs and recognized the voice as Sookie. What was she doing here at this late hour? Setting her book down, she stood and grabbed her robe, slipped on her slippers and started for downstairs.

"Sookie, honey, what are you doing here so late? Is everything okay?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Gran? Oh my god...it's you. Oh Gran! -she ran into her arms and held her tight, closing her eyes and smelling her perfume that had began to fade from her closet in a world she remembered.- I miss you so much Gran, so much. -She pulled back and saw the concerned look on her face, blushed a bit and chuckled.- Sorry I mean just not living here with you anymore, I miss you. How are you? Can we talk? -She smiled softly and continued to hold her hands on her Grans arms, not wanting to lose this contact.-
    Adele Stackhouse
    Adele Stackhouse

Post by Adele Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Sookie hadn't hugged her like that since Jason had been arrested, so needy and sad. Something was wrong and she would do anything to help her grand daughter out. "Sookie I'm fine dear, it's you I worry about. Is everything okay?" She asked to talk and Adele nodded, concerned. "Of course, let's go into the kitchen. Are you hungry or thirsty? Did you and Sam have a fight?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:47 pm

-she followed her Gran to the kitchen and sighed, taking a seat where she always sat.- No, no we didn't have a fight. I'm so confused, this...-she looked up and reached across the table to take her Gran's hand.- This is gonna sound really, really strange okay. But I need you to hear me out and listen. -Gran nodded and she took in a deep breath.- In the world I remember I'm married to a vampire, not Sam. Jason didn't commit those murders, Rene did. He also...he also killed you right here in this kitchen thinking it was me. None of this is right Gran, but I do like that I get to see you again. I just don't know how it changed or happened. I'm so confused.
    Adele Stackhouse
    Adele Stackhouse

Post by Adele Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 pm

She nodded and was willing to hear her out, whatever it was it was weighing heavily on her. Her eyes widened at the thought of Sookie being married to a vampire, she'd never heard such a thing. Adele was all for equal rights but there were no vampires in Bon Temp that she was aware of. Except for the one a year ago that was killed outside of Merlotte's. "Oh Sookie, I--that's a lot, I see why you're confused. Do you think maybe all that was a dream? Or maybe you're dreaming now? You know I was always told dreams are supposed to give you lessons, but you have to let them play out as they're meant to. Whichever it would be maybe there is a reason for it, but you have to listen to your heart. It's the only way you'll know for sure dear." She gave her a warm smile to comfort her, sensing her to be a bit on the shaky and confused side. "How about some tea?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 pm

-whatever this was maybe she was right, one of these realities were a dream and she was banking on it being this one. Let it play out and see what the lesson to be learned would be, that seemed easy enough. But she was impatient and getting annoyed of how things were here. Jason, for one should not be in jail. She smiled and looked up, a tear brimming her eyes.- "Tea sounds great Gran. Mind if I stay here the night? I just...miss you and this place."
    Adele Stackhouse
    Adele Stackhouse

Post by Adele Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:01 pm

Smiling brightly hearing how much she missed her even though they saw one another every Sunday and Sookie always helped with her Descendants of the Glorious Dead meetings, but she knew there was something she was struggling with. She stood and moved over to kiss her forehead and nodded. "Of course you can, I'll make up your bed while the tea heats up. You still have clothes in your room if you want to shower. Should I call Sam so he doesn't worry?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Thank you Gran, I love you so much. If I don't say it enough, I just want you to know that. -she stood and pushed her chair back in, starting for the stairs when Gran mentioned Sam. Oh right, she was married. How could she forget?- Yeah, just tell him I'm staying over and not to worry. -She turned and walked up two stairs before stopping and looking over her shoulder as Gran set up a tea kettle on the stove. How she missed that woman so much, and here she had her back. Here she was semi-normal being married to Sam, here...she still thought of Eric and still loved him. No matter how much of an ass he was. What was she going to do?-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm