For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Preparations

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Preparations  Empty Preparations

Post by Nora Gainsborough Sun May 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Standing out back at Fangtangsia, Nora looked up at the night sky. She was deliberately trying to ignore the guards that Bill had stationed outside to watch everything that happened and everyone that came and left from the building. She knew that Bill had gone off the deep end this time. She remembered the deranged look in his eyes as he ranted about Eric’s supposed lies, which she knew in her dead heart to be true. She could tell that they were getting close and Bill saw Eric and everyone close to him as a threat. She knew that the possibility of any of them meeting the True Death was very real and that thought both worried and frightened her.

Sighing in resignation, she turned and walked back into the building; back to the pile of papers that she kept tucked away in her coffin, out of the view of anyone else. She needed to make sure that everything was in order in case she was the one to perish. Being a member of the Authority, Nora knew that a large target was painted right on her back. This knowledge is what drove her to contact an attorney to have papers drawn up, leaving her estate and all earnings to Eric. The next would be Pam, if Eric also met the True Death, and then Tara. She had not truly considered the thought that she, or Eric, ever meeting death since. She knew that the time had come for her to start being honest with herself. She had faced many trials in the nearly 600 years that she had walked the Earth; but never, had the threat to herself or her family been more real than it was now. Signing the document, she stuffed it into a manila envelope then set to accomplish the most difficult task that she had ever undertaken a letter to her brother.

My dearest brother,
    I’m not sure how to put everything that I feel into words. If you are reading this letter, then I have met the True Death and am now with our father once again. You and Godric are the greatest gifts that I have ever received in my life, human or vampire. The love and guidance that you both have given me has meant more to me than you will ever begin to understand. I hope that I have made you proud. Please do not mourn my passing Brother. I was but an ordinary woman who was made into an extraordinary vampire; by our father and you.

You are so much stronger than I was Brother. You were the one that helped me to finally see the true nature of Lilith. I can never tell you that I am sorry for everything that I have done to you during that time. I know that you understand that I was doing what I thought was best at the time. I knew that you were marked for the True Death and could not simply stand by and let it happen. When Salome promised me that you would be safe, I knew it would only be until you stood in her way. If I could have brought you to Lilith, then it would ensure your safety. I could not bear the thought of you being gone. Perhaps this was selfish of me but I could not live with the thought that you were gone when I had the chance to save you.

If you take comfort in any thought, then let it be that I am now with our father. Just as he watches over us, I will watch over you until we are all joined together once again.
    With all my love,
    Nora

By the time she was finished, Nora’s face was streaked with blood tears. She noticed that a single tear had punctuated her letter for her. She folded the letter carefully and placed it with the other papers and tucked it back into her coffin. The courier would be by the next night to fetch the papers so that they could be kept on file with the attorney. Shuddering slightly, she walked back into the main area of the club so that she could help open.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am