For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Finding a new path together

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Finding a new path together Empty Finding a new path together

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 6:19 pm

~Jessica's Place~

I woke for the night and stretched in bed, using my advanced senses to check my home. The cleaning service thankfully repaired my glass windows and I was able to get last minute security system installed by the ADT guy. I felt slightly safer, but decided until I was completely sure...I was sleeping in my safe room during the day. Not after the incident with the guards, I couldn't take any chances. I stood and went to the monitor that showed little screens from the cameras around my property and saw everything still and quiet. Grabbing my phone from the desk, I saw a missed call and voicemail. Putting the phone to my ear, I listened.

"Yes, Ms.Hamby, I know you will not get this until sunset when you wake, but I wanted to let you know that Mr.Quinn is moving about on his own and that at this stage, we need to make a few tests, so you are welcome to come for a short visit if you wish this evening. Please do call in advance so that preparations can be made to accommodate the visit. We had to make a few small changes to the security profiles here while Mr.Quinn has been under the weather."

I couldn't help but smile, but also feel nervous about seeing him. We'd been through so much in the last week and it made me nervous that I'd be around him....knowing my blood was temptation. I owed Vincent for getting him better....he had to be better though, if he was allowed visitors. I rushed to the door and entered my code then sped up to my master bath to shower and brush my teeth so I could think before I called him.

It felt like I was in a daze as I showered, feeling almost like the night I agreed to meet him to talk at 'our' spot by Merlotte's. Shaving my legs and rubbing the silky body wash over my body I closed my eyes and thought about if I should go or not. Was he ready to see me? Was I? Once I stood in the mirror with the towel wrapped around my body, I knew I had to make a choice. Picking up my phone I called Vincent back and waited for him to answer.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Finding a new path together Empty Re: Finding a new path together

Post by Vincent Davis Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Vincent picked up the phone and activated it as he watched Mr.Quinn eating his way through the kitchen. He keyed in an order and sent it to the local grocery store to be picked up in the morning, then lifted the phone to his ear.

"Yes, Miss Hamby. I have been expecting your call. You must have slept in this evening, you were normally an early riser when you stayed with Mr.Quinn."

He chuckled softly...

"All is in readiness, Mr.Quinn is working on giving our cooking staff heart attacks as they try to keep up with his appetite. Actually it is a bit amusing to watch their expressions...you may come by at the time of your choosing but please remember to stop at the driveway as you are not on the security list yet. I have to have you here for that. Due to a minor issue with security, we are now taking extra measures. It will be good to see you again Miss Hamby, and I am sure the visit will improve his mood considerably."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 6:33 pm

I smiled at his comments about rising early and decided against mentioning the shower before calling, that would look like I stalled...was I stalling? Hopping up onto the bathroom counter, I listened to him speak with the towel wrapped around my body and hair. I giggled when he said Quinn was eating...a lot. The expressions on the staff would be great to see, especially since I bet he hadn't ate in a while.

"I understand Vincent. I'll wait at the gate, seems everyone is having trouble with security these days." I said with a soft chuckle and changed the subject quickly, not to alert him of any dangers here. "Does he know I'm coming?"
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 pm

"Does he know I'm coming?"

Vincent laughed before replying...

"No, Miss Hamby. I thought you might like to surprise him...though with his senses that is hard to do. Perhaps the buffet will keep him distracted from noticing until you get here...if we do not run out of food before you arrive. It will be good to see you again, Miss Hamby. You have been missed...and not only by him."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 6:43 pm

My smile grew and I exhaled a bit relieved to hear he had missed me too. "Thanks Vinny, I miss you too. I hope he likes surprises. I uh...I'll see you soon." After hanging up with Vincent I hopped off the counter and blew out a breath wondering what I should wear. Rolling my eyes at myself, I headed to my bedroom closet and chose something nice. Vampire speed came in handy to do my hair and makeup and in no time my hair was pinned halfway up with a few loose curls. I slipped on some earrings that went with the dress I picked out and headed downstairs. I didn't want to wait on a donor, so I heated three bottles of true blood and downed them as quickly as I could. It still tasted gross no matter how fast you drank it. I rushed back upstairs to brush my teeth again so I didn't have a blood taste in my mouth and checked myself once more in the mirror. I was sated from hunger so that was good. "I can do this..." I said to my reflection and headed out.

~Quinn's place~
    I pulled up to the gate and pressed the call button waiting on Vincent to clear me again. My nerves were like a live wire and I couldn't stop drumming my fingers on the steering wheel in anticipation. I was excited but a bit nervous to see him again. I didn't know why, I just was. Closing my eyes I waited and reminded myself that he was better and I need not bring up the information Vincent told me. I couldn't hold it against him for keeping it from me. A new start that's what we needed...maybe he'd tell me himself.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed May 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Vincent saw the proximity sensor go off on the access road and watched as the car rolled up with Miss Hamby inside. He signaled security to let her inside the perimeter and lower their weapons as he walked to the front door to greet her.

"I am sorry for the trouble, Miss Hamby, but there have been some minor incidents. We are just taking steps to be cautious. I am sure you understand. Carmichael told us you needed a cleaning crew. He works for the EEE on occasion. He was discreet and mentioned no details, only that they needed the large van and that you were ok. As for our own entertainment, thankfully we are extensive in our countermeasures. We were able to find our problems on the outskirts and did not have to trouble Mr.Quinn concerning the problem."

He motioned her through the doorway and spoke somewhat formally.

"Miss Hamby, You are welcome in our home and may come and go as you please."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 7:13 pm

I smiled and pulled my car up the drive, then shut off the engine and exited the car. Vincent greeted me at the door and began to explain how he'd heard about the cleaning crew at my place. "Uh..yeah, it was nothing. Just a breach in security but I handled it. Nothing to be concerned about. I promise." I nodded matter of factly and felt a pressure disappear as I entered through the door when he stepped aside to allow me in.

I realized my invitation was now reinstated and understood that he had to take extreme measures to make sure that Quinn got better. I didn't blame him, I would have done the same. "Thanks Vincent." I peeked around the door as I entered and looked around.

Finding a new path together 2ro500x

"So...where is he?" I swallowed and looked back at Vincent almost nervously.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Vincent laughed and motioned her down the hall.

"He's working his way through the desert menu...I think he is on chocolate now...or was it cake..."

He grinned as he watched her walk down the hall...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 7:30 pm

I smiled and pictured chocolate on his lips, one of my favorite things when I were human. Now it smelled funny, like sour milk with cocoa almost. Giving Vincent a nod, I proceeded down the hallway towards the kitchen where he was having dessert. Peeking my head into the doorway I spotted him with his back to me. Clearing my throat once before speaking, I stepped forward once and said his name softly. "Quinn?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Quinn caught her scent as she spoke, turning with the spoon of ice cream still in his mouth. His eyes filled with tears as the moment he had been waiting for finally arrived. Only when he tried to smile at her did he realize the spoon was still in his mouth. He yanked it out, sending melted chocolate ice cream flying in all directions as he threw the spoon behind him, grinning at her.

"I was hoping you would come...but did not know if you could..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 7:37 pm

I smiled and giggled at his antics, the smear of ice cream on his lips and how he had the spoon in his mouth before trying to speak. I looked down with a smile and then back up at him.

"Vinny lifted the ban, and well...here I am. I heard you were doing better." I looked down at my hands as I spoke softly, "I wouldn't miss my chance to see you better again."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Quinn walked over to her, lifting her chin with a finger as he had done so many times in the past.

"I've told you before, I like seeing your eyes..."

He stood close, letting her scent fill his mind....he could still feel the craving, but thanks to Vincent's treatments, he was in control.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 pm

My face was lifted by his finger as I looked into his eyes and couldn't help but smile at what I saw in them. It was familiarity, it was love, it was him. "Sorry...I..." I continued to smile and shrug my shoulders. Him being so close to me, I just wanted to wrap my arms around him but I feared he'd still be in pain, or more importantly being too close too soon...

"Do you want to...talk a walk? Vincent talked about you enjoying walks around the property and how it helps you."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 7:57 pm

"Do you want to...talk a walk? Vincent talked about you enjoying walks around the property and how it helps you."

Quinn grinned and decided to have some fun with her. He nodded, and grabbed one of the dozen walking canes Vincent amused himself by littering around the house...just in case, of course.

"Sounds like fun. You get to convince Vincent to leave the security detail at home."

He smirked as he leaned heavily on the cane, stepping close to her and kissing her forehead. Her skin still tasted as sweet as ever, but her scent showed her concern.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Seeing him grab the cane showed me just how fragile he still was, no matter how much he hated to admit it. My smile matched his as I watched him wondering what he was thinking....until he said it.

"Sounds like fun. You get to convince Vincent to leave the security detail at home."

Both of my brows went up and I placed my hand on my chest and gaped at him. "Me? Why me? I--I--oh hell." I knew why, I was good at finding ways to get out of being guarded constantly by Bill. It was a newfound gift I guess. "Wait here."

I sighed and bit my bottom lip after he kissed my forehead, turning away from him to find Vincent. When I did I smiled and walked over to him, looking back towards the kitchen then at Vincent. "Hey, Vinny...umm...I need a favor. I know--I know I owe you like two...maybe even three by now but it can be four...if...well if you do something for me. Just a small something." I saw his face and continued. "You see I was thinking Quinn and I could go for a walk...you know like you said helped him and well...I mean the security detail...you think that um...maybe just for tonight they could...I don't know uh...stay behind? I swear I won't let anything happen to him...I just want some privacy, you know to talk..." I smiled sweetly and waited for his answer, praying he said yes.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Vincent smiled, knowing what she would ask before she said a single word. He listen to her stumble through it and handed her a GPS device on an armband.

"This will keep you in secured areas, but away from prying ears. If it starts beeping, turn back or the security staff will swarm to where you are. I anticipated this request before calling you. The two of you have three acres of secured woodlands to 'walk' in so feel free to relax. the inner perimeter is a thermal scan system so even if you get close to it, no ears will be there. Not really looking forward to Mr.Quinn seeing this month's household budget."

Vincent flashed an impish grin at her and waved her back toward the kitchen.

"Tell him you talked me into it...make it good."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 8:16 pm

I smiled and giggled with a shake of my head. Of course, Vinny thought of everything. I placed a kiss on his cheek and hugged him, making sure it wasn't too tight since he was after all human...and kinda old. "Thanks Vinny...really thanks. I'll make it good." I looked down at the gadget in my hand and sighed, Quinn and his electronics.

Heading back towards the kitchen with a smile, I turned the corner and held up the device. "It took a lot of convincing but I eventually talked him into it. Said this will keep us in secured areas, I uh..well you work it because I can barely work my iphone 5." I walked closer to him and handed him the device. "Lead the way..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Quinn took the gps, laughing at her comment and strapped it to his wrist. He cradled her waist with one arm and they walked toward the outside deck. He grabbed a towel and wiped the chocolate off his face as they left the kitchen. As they approached the deck, one of the guards approached with a small basket, handing it to Jessica and chuckling as he walked away.

"What's inside?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 9:30 pm

I smiled and looked under the covered basket to see a few bottles of water and true blood. Vincent always planned ahead, I see where Quinn got it. Looking up to meet his eyes I chuckled. "Just Vincent thinking ahead." I felt like little red riding hood again and smiled at my own thoughts as we began to make our way down the stairs. Looking over at him with concern on my face, "Do you need help?" I hated making him feel so...helpless but I just couldn't help it.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Quinn glanced at her, shifting to a handstand on the banister and walked down on his hands, dropping to the lower level with a smirk, then almost dropping to the floor as his legs gave out for a moment, catching his balance with a chair. He looked up at her, smirking, and laughed.

"I may not be perfect yet, but I'm not in a wheelchair either."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm

I watched him do a handstand on the banister and my eyes went wide like saucers as I reached for him, but waited. When he almost lost his footing because his legs seemed to buckle and grabbed a chair I rushed over to him and placed my hands where I could hold him up if I needed to. I smiled and shook my head. "Okay superman, no more tricks. Just...walk. Okay?"

I moved my hand down the length of his arm and laced my fingers with his, looking down at our hands then back up to his eyes. "Come on, I'm sure you have so much to tell me." I pulled him towards the edge of the woods still within perimeter of Vincent's outline of the property.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Quinn chuckled as she described the basket's contents.

"He always thinks of everything. I don't know what I'd do without him."

Quinn looked back to the house for a moment, then squeezed her hand and smiled, leading her out into the woods and into a bit more privacy.

"So what am I supposed to be telling you about?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 9:46 pm

I realized I might have said something wrong, walking hand in hand I looked to the ground. "Well nothing in particular. Just...I don't know, how the last few days were. What did Vincent do to get you better, what ever you want to talk about." I looked up and turned my head to look at him. "I'll listen."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm

"I'll listen."

Quinn threw back his head, laughing...

"You'd have to ask him what he did..I was kind of out of it for the majority of the time. As for what I did...a lot of screaming...a lot of yelling.....a whole lot of sleeping."

He smiled at her and paused before tossing her question back...

"So what have you been up to?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 29, 2013 9:53 pm

I watched him laugh and it was good to see him in such high spirits. Thinking of his question I turned my head back and looked at the ground. "Lots...and lots of thinking. I had a lot of time on my hands and thought a lot. Mostly about you....about us. About...the future."

I sighed and stopped walking, turning to face him as the twigs snapped under my weight, the only sounds were that of bugs and owls. Nothing around but trees and woods. "I--well I..." I couldn't just ask him, honestly I really didn't want to talk about his addiction anymore. I wanted to put it behind us, but more importantly I needed to tell him something but didn't know how. "I'm glad you're better."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:29 am