For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

The reason you anger me

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

The reason you anger me Empty The reason you anger me

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Kiara sighed. Finally Sophie was asleep. It had taken several hours and sweet treats to get her to calm down. Even still she twitched and jerked whenever Kiara tried to pull away so she could tuck her in bed. Sophie was deathly scared that she would wake up alone, like she did on that fateful night.

But finally exhaustion took hold of the child and she was now resting peacefully in her new bedroom inside Kiara's home. She'd already sent Logan and Glenn to purchase all new things, new toys and clothes so Sophie wouldn't have reminders of parents so cruelly taken from this work.

In just a few hours the small girl had charmed her way into the hearts of all the wolves around her home. The sentry wolves sympathized with her plight. It seemed that no one had escaped the governor’s purge on vampires. Either they had lost loved ones to the hungry vampires, or they had loved ones in jail because the police now had a lot of leeway on who they arrested and why.

Kiara knew it… Sophie would never be safe with humans. Even Sophie didn’t feel safe around them, that was clear when they’d brought in the pediatrician to give her a simple physical. It was as if the young girl could sense the supernatural and was just more comfortable with a supe. It was the only reason Kiara had gone out of her way to find a doctor who was also a wolf. Even the wolves that came with deliveries or for shift changes started calling Sophie “the cub”.

So now Kiara had a few hours to train. She knew Sophie was well watched. It was just a little after 2 pm and despite the heat the wolf guards outside were on their posts. Kiara was taking no chances on her safety. The wolves outside were mean and trained, several of them had or were still serving in the military but thanks to the laws the new governor had passed they couldn’t return. Others were just plain wolves who were glad for a job and a sense of pack.

As Kiara made her way down to the built in gym in the house she chuckled. It was funny, with all the wolves around one would think this was a pack but it wasn’t. There was no packmaster, no crazy pack rules. Just wolves who knew how to govern themselves. Wolves who knew how to behave in society yet still hold true to their animal roots.

She opened the door and grinned. She’d told Logan and Glenn to make a gym fit for a wolf and they seemed to have taken that and ran with it. There was everything from weight lifting machines, the bikes, a large pool and a large open area with several punching bags.

The reason you anger me T6f2fr The reason you anger me 16bj2vbThe reason you anger me 2qtzr7k

She could feel the energy inside her just itching to be released. Ever since her surgery and recovery she always had energy to burn and as wolf there were only two outlets: fighting or sex. Just there mere thought of sex made her shudder and when her body was denied such a thing she got angry. As she wrapped her hands in some special bandages she removed her engagement ring. She thought about Bill, her ups and downs with him. As Logan and Glenn had filled her in on everything that had happened: everything from the footage from New Orleans, to all the vampire violence, to then the grainy audio from one of the governor’s security detail.

The reason you anger me 112a2yb

It had been the most disturbing. It started out with lots of gunshots then Bill and the Governor speaking.

“Have mercy….how you doing this in the daytime?” said a man Kiara assumed to be the governor
    “Tell me about a white circular room where vampires meet the sun” said Bill. Just hearing his voice and hearing it so angry made Kiara flinch.  There was a moment in the audio where it all became hazy and filled with white noise.
    “You have my daughter there I know you do” said Bill
    “Fuck you…” said the other man. Kiara had to give credit to this governor. No one said “fuck you” to a vampire and live
    “Fuck me?” said Bill
    “My daughter s gone too. One of y’all took her from me”  now that made Kiara take pause. Either this daughter was dead or she’d been turned and she could see someone getting unstable over such a thing.
    “She’s my reason to live fuck it. I’ll be a martyr for the cause!” he yelled.
    “And what cause would that be exactly?” asked Bill
    “The extinction of YOUR race” said the man. Now that was a dumb thing to say. Kiara new that if there was any race who was overzealous of their existence it was vampires. Hell even a wolf with such a threat would have all wolves on a killing spree.
    “Now that aint never gonna happen” said Bill. Then the audio sounded like someone slurping hard.
    “Cut off the head…and another one will grow in its place” said the man before the hideous sound of ripping flesh.
    “AND I’LL RIP THAT FUCKING HEAD OFF TOO!!” yelled Bill.

The audio had given her much to think about. Since it had been taken from a cell phone it was still time stamped and it proved Bill had been out in the daylight. How had he gained that ability? Was it because of Lillith?

Kiara growled and punched the bag harder and harder. If Bill could walk in the day why hadn’t he protected Sophie? Why had he left her to suffer as a witness to such murders? That angered her more and more until her punch was so hard the wet sand filled bag flew away from the chain and hit the wall, making a mess. Her eyes were bright and orange, her anger sparked in the air.
    “Fuck!” she yelled as she panted. She growled and went to another bag. Because of her new abilities picking up a large punching bag was no problem. She placed it back up and resumed her training.

She’d deal with Raphael first. She knew of his betrayal and of his real reasons for trying to collect her. Just the knowledge of who had orchestrated this pissed her off even more. Yes, she’d deal with the traitor first… then…then she’d confront Bill and finally figure out why he’d left a little girl all alone.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 am