For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Who is taking the reins.....

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Who is taking the reins..... Empty Who is taking the reins.....

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:43 pm

*As a child some people envisioned there weddings, or what they wanted to be when they grew-up, maybe a doctor or a veterinary. Some imagined themselves as princess, or dancers, even more so when they watched t.v. they imagined that they were actors, or maybe even part of those television family's....Tara imagined what it would be like to be rich...and it wasn't just a wish anymore. All the money that was in Pam's account was in hers now.... 52.9 million dollars. She kept repeating it in her mind, over and over, and each time she did, her smile grew wider, but she realized she wasn't just rich....no...there was a great deal of pain attached to each cent she spent, Pam was dead......Pam....was....dead....and all because of fucking Eric, every time she thought of the tall, Viking she felt a bad taste in her mouth. It was HIS fault her Maker was dead. If Pam had no gone after him, she more then likely would be here with Tara right now. Unhappy....crying crimson tears for the man who abandoned and released her before. The whole situation made Tara want to puke, she cocked her head sideways thinking if vampires were even capable of vomiting. That thought alone made her truly realize that she didn't know much about vampires, and there chemical make-up at all, she was after all a baby vamp, not that she was going to let that stop her, she would be damned if she was going to go and try and lean on King Bill. She thought for a moment, if it was possible that she disliked him as much as Eric...no...even King Bill, didn't kill her Maker. After mini-Pam as Tara was now calling Willa, had came back to the car, she was elated to find out what was in her account, but Willa now had nothing, her name was not mentioned, at all, after all she was after Tara, and it would make no seance to leave anything to her, if Tara was around, Tara shook her head, and patted Willa on the shoulder.*

"There isn't any way girl, your going to be broke, sweetheart, that's not what I am about to do, that's not me....I'm not like that, we're gonna split this right down the middle, as soon as the account gets fixed....I swear it, because you deserve it, we're going to be equals, just make sure you put as much into Fangtasia as I do, and we're cool."

*Willa had dropped her off, and Tara immediately took her bank card and went shopping, she wanted a new car, but not just any car, a flashy car. She eventually settled on a blue with white racing striped 2014 dodge viper, she bought Willa the same car in red, and had it dropped off at the King's with a red bow. Now her and her sister as she considered her would match, she then bought herself a red, classic mustang. It was pretty, she took her classic car out immediately. Driving it to the King's, she did after all have to speak with him, as much as she didn't want to deal with politics she had to speak with him about Fangtasia opening again and the possibility of having a new Sheriff, Tara parked in the front, and got out, watching as the guards kept there eyes on her, rolling her eyes, she knocked on the King's door, rocking back and forth on her heels.*

"Look....I am just here to speak with Bill for a moment, you don't have to get all Halo on me here, I am unarmed, shit."

*Tara said waiting at the front door.*

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Who is taking the reins..... Empty Re: Who is taking the reins.....

Post by Bill Compton Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:23 am

Bill had been silently working in his office as he resumed to be for the remainder of the evening, finding a solace in keeping his mind clear of everything that wanted to distract him. He had yet to hear of John Quinn or any news re-guarding his whereabouts. But he had ordered that no one be allowed entry by that name on his land without his approval. Having sent out a recent photograph of what he looked like to all the guards on duty.

He could not take any chance that anyone would discover Kiara's whereabouts anytime soon, not when he felt that he was getting so close to helping her get back to who she really was. Time was all he had right now on his side and he was going to make sure that he used it well.

As he continued to type out his documents that he needed to update, he needed a new updated record of the vampires living in his area, adding the likes of Brianna Jackson, and Willa Burrell to the list. But there was also something else that he needed to do, he had been avoiding this list ever since Willa had come to stay with him under his care. Quickly typing out Eric Northman and Pam Swynford De Beaufort's name to the list of vampires that had met the True Death and assuming that all assets were now in his name as the King of Louisiana. Although Bill had no sentiment in owning Fangtasia or having his name attached to the business of his former enemy and alley.

He was interrupted by a knock at his door as he sighed heavily having already instructed that he was not to be disturbed this evening.

"Enter" he instructed.

Another young man whom had taken over the role of Stefan's main role on his security team stepped into his office, Bill did not know his name not really caring about anything at the moment.

"Your Majesty, we have a Miss Tara Thornton wishing to speak with you"

Tara Thornton? Pam's progeny?

"Send her in" he ordered as the guard nodded as he left the office assuming to allow Tara entry into his home.

He frowned as he tried to think what drew Tara here, was it Willa's request that Tara live here with her? Well he was about to find out as the door to his office opened and entered Tara Thornton.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm

*Tara walked in in her brand new black, leather pants, and a tight fitting red leather vest, she knew if she were only able to show her, that her Maker would have approved. Walking through King Bills home, she silently pivoted on her black heeled boot, walking towards the room she imagined he did business in. She rolled her eyes thinking of him sitting upon a throne and looking down on all vampire, at least that thought made her smile. She walked through his door and sit down looking over at him.*

"We need a new Sheriff, I am just going to cut through all the bullshit that we need to go through, I am not coming here, because I want the job, or even think I am qualified for it, it just needs to be done, with me and Willa re-opening Fangtasia we're gonna need that issue handled and they ain't sitting in the throne at Fangtasia, I got that shit, and I want it, we don't require any help, setting it up, as I inherited everything that was Pam's, who in turn inherited everything Eric had, and I am damn well enjoying being rich."

*She said looking up at him, her face unreadable, she was trying really hard to be more like her Maker, imagining Pam, would have wanted it that way.*
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 am

Bill remained seated in his chair behind his desk as Tara strode into his office, and the image of her reminded him instantly of Pam. It seemed that Pam had molded Tara in to her mini, but before he could speak she already began blurting out what she and Willa intended to do.

"It seems you have adjusted quite well to immortality Tara, it suits you well" he smirked politely.

He began pondering the idea's of a new Sheriff, he knew instantly that Willa and Tara were definitely not suitable for the job, they were both far to young for such a job. And Bill knew that Tara was to hot headed to take on that role. In all seriousness he had not even thought about a new Sheriff, his mind to preoccupied with other matters.

"Tara may I be frank?....Pam was her own person, and this is not who you are. This is not the person that Sookie spoke so highly of...If you are going to re-open Fangtasia then you have my permission. But I am assuming that Pamela, nor Eric even went over the rules of owning such an establishment. Assuming that you and Willa comply with these agreements if you wish, then I do not foresee a problem with you re-opening Fangtasia" he smirked as he laid his requests on the table.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:28 pm

*The mention of Sookie....was enough to shake Tara up for a moment. No he was right, she was no longer the person Sookie talked so highly of, that person had died when they were shot in the head bleeding all over Sookie's kitchen. This person in front of the King was different, and she knew it.*

"I appreciate you being frank, after all that's how I live my life, or un-life. That person Sookie, spoke so highly of sadly died when she was shot in the head in Sook's kitchen. As for who I am, to be honest I can't say that I like everything about the new me, but this much I do know whatever I am, Sookie made me into, I still love Sook, and I couldn't say that a while ago, but....I am not meek Tara anymore....I am tired of being afraid. I got tired of all that....of worry and anger...all of it, and now, I am over it."

*Tara said looking down for a moment she remembered her Maker whispering in her ear.*

This is who you are now, the top of the food chain, no human can hurt you any longer, they’re yours to savor.

*Tara closed her eyes for a moment if she sat silently not moving and kept her eyes closed, she could almost hear Pam's words in her ear again. She bit her tongue to not shed a tear....Pam was never going to come back! She was never going to hear her voice again. She was never going to see her glare at her with one perfectly manicured eye brow. She was never going to be anything again. Pam.was.dead. Finally she opened her eyes praying to whomever listened to vampires, that she didn't cry thankfully she manged not to.*

"No....I don't know the rules of re-opening Fangtasia....I know there is no vampire biting on premises."

*Tara said with a smile. She knew damn well that was a joke, and that went on in the dungeon stayed in the dungeon. That place was like Vegas, she thought to herself, smirking.*

"I also know that Pam and Eric only wanted it to be vampire owned, other than that I honestly don't know what else is required, of course I am ready to comply with any other rules there are. I haven't owned many things in my life Bill....having these new cars is even new to me....I'd like to make them proud thought....Pam....and even Eric."

*She says looking down again for a moment.*

"Oh....and this is off topic....it's kinda lonely there at my place, since I have taken over the cabin....I'm curious I mean you know I have not been a vampire long, but.....can we keep pets....I don't mean just me. I mean vampires in general......I was thinking about getting a dog, and I don't want to like scare the hell outta it....I mean do animals fear us...."

*She went on, and then sighed....she knew it was a very human thing to do, but regardless it was something she did when she didn't know what else to do.*

"You could help me....I mean if you wanted to I am sure....you could help me open Fangtasia couldn't you....if you chose too?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 am

Bill stood from his chair and walked over towards a small set of drawers that held various tantalus's filled with blood as he poured two crystal glasses with blood as he turned and handed one to Tara. Hearing her speak of her former human life and how she became to be a vampire, it brought back memories of his own turning to a vampire. How Lorena had snatched him away from his wife Caroline and two small children Sarah and Thomas. But he couldn't help smirk as she asked about owning a dog;

"Animals have an instinct to stay away from vampires, most humans use dogs as a way of defense against us. They have a natural sense of what we are, but that is my experience of animals" he smirked.

"You could help me....I mean if you wanted to I am sure....you could help me open Fangtasia couldn't you....if you chose too?"

Bill looked on surprised, he could only imagine what Eric and Pam would think of him helping run Fangtasia with Tara. It was not something that he ever considered, Bill tended to avoid all association with the place, but he would only hope that Northman would have done the same thing with Jessica if he had ever met the True Death.

"I am going to be honest with you Tara, I have only been to Fangtasia a few times myself. And it is not a place that I ever wished to be, but under the circumstances. Things have changed...But if this is what you want, and I assume that Willa be also working there. Then I will do what I can to help get the business off the ground. If you tell me what you would like from me, then I am sure that we can come to some arrangement"

But there was also another matter that he wished to discuss with Tara now that she was here, since now Willa was now living under his roof, it was his chance to offer the same hospitality to Tara as he did Willa.

"Tara, if you are living alone...Then I offer you my home, a place to live until you feel more suited to live alone. The same offer that i gave Willa which she accepted, although is some rules that must be followed without hesitation or question" he smirked softly.

He knew that by taking in another vampire that he was adding someone else to the list of those who must never discover that Kiara was still alive, locked away from sight. But as King of Louisiana, it was his duty to foresee all young vampires in his territory.

"But in relation to the new Sheriff, you must understand. You are barely a year old, so it would not be suitable for you to have a position...But until I can arrange a more permanent solution, I shall be acting Sheriff until I can find another more suitable for the position" he spoke strongly.

He knew that it was going to be hard to replace Eric Northman as Sheriff, as much as they had their differences, he knew how to do his job. But for now he would be Sheriff of Area 5.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:51 pm

"Well that answers my getting a dog question.....hmmm....wait can they be glamoured? Hmmm what would happen if they were given vampire blood....I am just curious."

*she said shrugging, and then looking up at Bill, her face fell for a moment. She knew that Pam, and Eric would more then likely want to eat a stake, right over there heart, then have Fangtasia have any thing to do with Bill....but he was right she didn't know a damn thing about running a business, much less a vampire one, but she didn't have any other options.*

"I know you and Eric had your disagreements as well as with Pam and Sookie....but it's not like I have a lot of options. I want to keep Fangtasia open, and if that means I'll need your help I guess they'd have to bite the bullet on this one. Because your the oldest vampire I know.....so...even if it means you have an abnormal interest in the place. It needs to exist....I just hate to think of the world....without it, as long as it's running, it's like a piece of them is still around."

*She said crossing her legs again, she hoped there wouldn't have to be to many changes for Bill to allow it to open again, as long as she could look at the light in the window that bared the bars name on neon red, she felt a bit of Pam and Eric with her.*

"As for what I want from you.....I am sure Eric and Pam had daylight people, someone who runs things when there, like we are during the day. I need someone to get all the proper paperwork, filled, inspected, and all of that jazz. All the things that could be done while I am sleeping, so that as soon as possible, we could open."

*Tara said pointedly. She looked down trying not to meet Bill's eyes as he said until he could find someone, he would be acting Sheriff, and King, Tara kept her gaze down and then asked.*

"If she was here....would it have been Pam? I am just curious...I...don't know many dead vampires...and thank you for the offer...but I am making the cabin slowly, but surly, mine...it's comfortable, or at least getting there."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:17 am

"You sure do like to ask a lot of....Unique questions Miss Thornton" he chuckled lightly "I do not know what would happen if you gave vampire blood to an animal, I have never come across such a thing"

Bill stood from his desk as he walked around to a large filing cabinet and began scanning through several files until he found the one that he needed. As he turned and handed it to Tara.

"In there is everything that you will need, there will be a contribution required every month from Fangtasia to me for Louisiana. And everything about Ginger is in there, contact details; home address. She was Eric's day person, she will be able to help you with certain things that you may need during the day...She was a good worker, annoying; but a good worker. Give her a call she will handle deliveries...But with this Hep V still not fully under control, there is a supplier in there you may wish to call before you do anything else, we cannot have any more vampire's infected in the area" he instructed.

"It needs to exist....I just hate to think of the world....without it, as long as it's running, it's like a piece of them is still around"

Bill had never had much of a thing for Fangtasia, but he could see that it meant a lot to Tara. So it looked as though he was going to be a silent partner in opening the business.

"I will be required to make regular visits to the premises, see the books once a month. But other than that, I do not foresee a problem for you opening Fangtasia"

"If she was here....would it have been Pam? I am just curious..."

Bill automatically knew what Tara was talking about, in the event of Northman's death, he would have had to chose another Sheriff, and as much as he did not like Pam. She knew the in's and out's as being Eric's progeny. She was the best choice, as much as he hated to admit it.

"It is more than likely that she would have been the new Sheriff, she knew how things would have been run...I am not going to lie to you Tara, I think you deserve better than that. Pam and I had our differences, but she did what she was told...Reluctantly.....But until I can find someone permanent for the position, any thing that you are unsure of, don't hesitate to call me *Bill reached into his drawer and pulled out a small card that contained a direct line to his cell and land line number, and handed it to Tara* But please know that if you change your mind about the cabin, that the offer is there should you ever need it" he smiled a little.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm

*Tara nodded as Bill explained Fangtasia and the rules to re-open it, she had never seen Bill there on what would be a so-called visit before, but she wasn't going to push it, after all as much as she hated it, he was the King.*

"I was just thinking, I mean about getting a dog.....maybe if we fed it our blood it wouldn't run away, and it would be friendly....or something...who knows?"

*She said with a shrug, she didn't forget Jessica was at her place now, and she seemed to need her help, so as for staying with Bill, even if she wanted to, which she didn't it wasn't an option at the moment.*

"I assure you anything I do there, I am going to want up to standards, as for the Hep V....do you think it's more of a gamble to open-up with it...I mean should I wait, the last thing we want is for vampires to have anymore bad press....I mean I want people to come to Fangtasia because it's fun and all that, but I don't want us to get a reputation of giving humans and or vampires Hep-V."

*Tara said hoping Bill had some idea on how to keep Fangtasia open.*

"I don't want to disappoint them....and yes I know there dead....but I would hope that, there was some way they could watch me....or at least see how I am trying to do them right....."

*Tara said her face blank....don't cry, don't cry....your not human, Pam would hate to see it, she told herself.*

"So...about this dog...think I could give it a try?"

*Tara asked lastly.*
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:04 pm

"It is a rather delicate situation and after the death of Nora Gainsborough. I do not know how many vampires were infected with Hep V, so we cannot be too careful. But if you call that supplier they should be able to help you, if they are still running. But I cannot promise you anything Tara" he made his point clear.

He had no idea whether or not Kiara's company was still up and running, but all the details to how to arrange a supplier was in the folder.

"I will arrange a new security team to be present at Fangtasia at all times, night and day. We cannot be careful. There is still a lot of followers for Governor Burrell and still support his cause...I am sure that Pam would have been proud of you no matter what you did" he offered her a supporting smirk.

He couldn't help but smirk as she was still determined about this dog, but no matter what he said. He knew that she would still get it.

"I do not see a problem with you getting a dog, if that is what you wish. I have no time for animals, but do as you wish" he smirked.

He could only imagine how it was going to be, a vampire with a dog; he could only imagine. He was distracted by his cell ringing, hoping it to be Jessica as he glanced as the screen and could see that this was going to be important.

"I am sorry I need to take this, but my door is always open should you require it. Call the supplier and if you have any problems my number is there also. Speak to Willa if you wish about anything, and I shall make a call to Ginger myself" he smirked.

Answering the call as Tara nodded and could see that she was interrupting an important call as she stood from the chair and gathered the files that Bill had given her.

"Thanks...Thanks a lot Bill" she smirked as she hastily took her leave.

Bill did not reply as he returned his full attention to his call;

"Isabel?....What can I do for you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 am