For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Taking off

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Taking off Empty Taking off

Post by John Quinn Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:48 am

Quinn sat at his computer desk staring at the screen. He knew what he needed to write, but how to phrase it. It needed to be convincing and at the same time not condescending. It had to sound like Compton was helping him out, rather than accepting charity. He thought long and slow on it until he decided on just the right wording.

"For Eyes Of King William Compton"

"William, I am contacting you to ask something of you. My daught....progeny, Arabella, has found a preferred donor who will be her sole supply for sustenance. This gives me some relief from the worry of her contracting that virus, but also leaves me with a bit of a problem. We need to clear out one of the spare rooms for her donor's living space, but the one that is planned for this is currently full of the stockpiled clean blood supply I have gathered for Arabella. As she no longer will be drinking bottled blood, you can see my issue. I am reaching out to you in the hope that you might know a business or individual that would be interested in this supply. I would be happy to give them a great price as we need the blood moved as soon as possible. If you know of anyone, please feel free to get in touch. I would of course be certain that you get a finder's fee for the trouble. "

"Sincerely, Johnathan Quinn"

He finished the email and sent it to Compton's direct server, marking the message as 'Private'. He grinned. That should be just about the right tone to get this working. He chuckled as he imagined Compton's reaction to karma dropping just what he needs in his lap. He might be suspicious but he needed it more than he needed a reason to distrust. Quinn pulled back from the desk, smiling, which something caught his eye. There was a flashdrive on the side of the desk with a note from Vivian. ~Mr.Quinn. The flash drive contains the video records you asked for. Please excuse our not giving it to you in person, but Vincent and I are going away for the weekend. He is being very mysterious. I love it. See you when we get back. -Viv. ~ He chuckled, dropping the flash drive in his desk drawer. He looked around and saw one of the security staff trying to be subtle near the garage door. He laughed and walked up to the young man.

"You must be the new recruit Tolvin mentioned they were getting. I hate to disappoint you, but unless you can keep up with a tiger, you are going to have to trust me not to leave the estate. I am in a great mood, and feel like a run."

Without waiting for an answer, Quinn walked out to the deck area and grinned up at the moon. He shifted into his tiger form and bounded into the woods at full speed. Tonight was too nice a nice to be cooped up in his office. With any luck, by the time he came back, there would be a reply from Compton.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 pm