For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Be weary of boys bearing gifts

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Be weary of boys bearing gifts Empty Be weary of boys bearing gifts

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Kiara age 17

She stomped her feet and sighed. She looked back at the webcam on her computer where her best friend and only gay wolf she knew Glenn was trying to teach her how to dance over long distance.

“You suck at this lil bit…” he said. Kiara rolled her eyes. “I’m a wolf Glenn…I don’t dance… dancing is for… little rich girls and girls who have fathers to teach them” she said as she crossed her arms over her chest. Glenn sighed. “No everyone can dance… even I dance and I’m a guy” he said. Kiara gave him a look “No offence Glenn but you’re gay.. dancing is kinda your thing” she said. Glenn smirked “well yeah…but that don’t mean I can’t teach you” he said.

Kiara sighed. “Why am I learning this in the first place?” she asked. Glenn sighed “Because your mom worked her ass off for your prom dress…would be a shame for you not to go and throw her work to waste” he said. Kiara growled. Her mother had already envisioned her in this image of blue floaty material for her senior prom even though all Kiara wanted to do was stay home and not be around other children her age who thought of her as socially backwards. “Oh fine… fine… I’ll try this again” she said as she lifted her arms, as if pretending to hold a dancing partner.

For another hour Glenn walked her through basic dance steps until he felt that at least she wouldn’t make a fool of herself. “So who are you going to dance with?” he asked. Kiara shrugged “Some kid named Max… he’s from the pack here in Mississippi and he asked me to the dance a few days ago. I was going to turn him down but then..mom bought the dress and told me to make friendly with the locals” she said. Glenn shook his head. “theres something wrong about that pack lil bit… I can’t place it.. but I mean I know wolves are aggressive but they take it to a whole new level” he said. Kiara nodded. “I know what you mean… my mom has forbid me to go running with them. I end up making excuses….I think she just doesn’t want one of them taking my V card” she said bluntly.

Glenn rolled his eyes “the mouth on you woman… but your mom is right. You should give your first time to someone who will care, not just bang you and leave the morning after” he said. Kiara raised an eyebrow. “Guys like that only exist in fairy tales and on tv Glenn…you know that. I’ll just be lucky enough to have someone whose willing to wear a condom or something” she said.

Glenn rolled his eyes again. “You really don’t aspire to something better?” he asked. Kiara shrugged. “I think I just… well I just don’t care at this point. My dad is dead, my mom is never home, I don’t like the people I’m around.. I mean what else am I supposed to do…go find a vampire and have him glamour me into thinking I had a good time or something?” she asked. Glenn growled and Kiara waved him off. “Oh sush… like a vampire would go near a wolf. Those fangers hate our guts just as much as we hate them” she said casually.

Glenn nodded. “What about that guy….um…whats his face….Quinn or something.. You mentioned him a few days ago” he said. Kiara shrugged. “He’s smart I’ll give you that. At least he can think past his dick and have an actual conversation with me, but I can tell you this. He isn’t a wolf” she said. Glenn raised an eyebrow. “Then what is he?” he asked.

Kiara shrugged “I don’t know. I know for sure he isn’t human or vampire… but he doesn’t smell like wolf. He smells different… more powerful. Like….” She tried to think for a moment. “Oh like that one field trip to the zoo when I was little. When I went around to the lions and tigers, kinda like that. All feline but strong” she said. Glenn shrugged. “Well there are other weres who shift into different things.. maybe he’s a panther?” he suggested. Kiara shrugged as she sat by her desk, giving up on the dancing for now. “I don’t know… all I know is that he asks a lot of questions” she said. Glenn went on alert at that. “Questions about what?”

Kiara shrugged “You know.. wolf stuff, like where do we hang or whose the pack leader. I think he’s thinking of moving here and just wants to make nice with the locals” she said. Glenn looked at her and Kiara blinked. “It’s true… he does talk to other wolves, especially the ones who work at that bar so people know he’s around but I always seem to run into him. Like the other day I was at the quicky mart buying some bread and he happened to be there, then like 2 hours later I spot him again, this time at the bank when I was cashing my check” she said. Glenn crossed his arms. “You think he’s following you?”
    Kiara shrugged “If he is he’s doing a sucky job at it… I spy him quickly” she said. She looked at the time and gasped. “Crap…I only got an hour now before Max shows up” she said as she got up and rushed to get ready. Glenn nodded “Be careful little bit….don’t let this Max guy try to guilt you into bed” he said. Kiara rolled her eyes. “yes MOM….anything else before I hang up?” she asked.

Glenn nodded “Yeah… be careful of that Quinn guy too.. he’s older.. maybe he’s just trying to use you. Just… make it to your 18th birthday in one piece so you can take your mother away from there” he said. Kiara nodded.

“My birthday is only a week away… what could possibly happen then?”

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm