For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Fixing the town

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Fixing the town Empty Fixing the town

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:41 pm

He rubbed his chin and looked over the empty lot, contemplating many options for the abandoned structure. It was an eye sore and near his rentals, attracting out of town vampires who sought out shelter. These vampires brought nothing but trouble and were into some shady activities. He'd brought the proposal to the mayor about his idea for human vampire monogamous feeding relationships. Bill had helped him gather info and data, statistics and proposed organization. The Mayor was looking them over as he looked at venues for where to hold the screening. This structure was too worn down and damaged. Even with Alcide's help it may just be a lost cause. But tearing it down, leveling it out and possibly building something in its place might be better. He called Alcide and left him a message to call him back as soon as he could.

Getting in his jeep, he looked at his watch. He still had another two hours before Nicole's next appointment. Driving straight to city hall, he dropped off more paperwork and picked up more permits he requested. He was considering moving the trailer from behind the bar. It was no place for a baby and now that he didn't own the bar, it would be irrelevant to stay there. But he was also considering one of his rentals or buying a trailer. Maybe a house. Nicole deserved a house. The trailer was small already for two, so with three...it would be crowded. He had to start making changes and he had to start soon. Time was running out with Nicole nearing her fifth month.

-Yeah, about that abandoned lot near Merlotte's, you know the one right?-

"I think. Is it the one where the pavement is still visible but overgrown with trees?"

-Yeah that's it. Think we can get someone out there from the parish barn to clean that up a bit? And the abandoned warehouse not too far from my rentals off of Old Mill road.-

"I can call the road crew and see if they're up for it. No guarantee though, Mr. Merlotte. You must be a busy man, this is the fourth time this week I see you here. What's going on?"

He grinned. -Aw, you know...just cleaning up the town.-

Cindy smiled. "Well, it's about time someone does Sam." She nodded in approval.

He chuckled. -Thanks, Cindy. I better get going now.-

She waved him off and he headed back out to the jeep to go get Nicole for her appointment.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:03 am