For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A glimpse of Kiara

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

A glimpse of Kiara Empty A glimpse of Kiara

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Kiara was sitting in her den. She had just finished writing her research paper and was letting her printer spit it out. She leaned back on her chair, glad that particular torture was over, for now, considering it was only the first draft. She hoped she hadn’t lost her touch since high school with English. She had always been good at faking sounding smart. Experience had taught her that the more effort she put into a paper the worse grade she would get, so as usual, she would BS her papers, make them sound smart and pass with a moderately decent grade. She stood, stretching, feeling her back pop.
    “Ow… I am old…” she whispered, turning her head to look at the clock in her kitchen counter. It was her day off and it was around 2pm. She rubbed the back of her neck and headed for the kitchen, figuring she had earned herself some lunch after typing for a whole straight hour. As she rummaged through her kitchen she paused. She picked up a scent. It was male, a were and she vaguely felt it was familiar. She stood straight and looked around. Her small apartment was on the 3rd story of a building, but nevertheless she figured a peek out the windows wouldn’t hurt. Since it was daylight she didn’t think it would be any vampire unless they had a death wish against the sun, but a were… hmm.
    She slowly made her way to the windows in her den. She had a few potted herbs on the windowsill, her curtains were open and the glass was lifted to let in the tiny breeze of the day. Before she could get within 5 feet of the window however a male figure suddenly appeared. Kiara jumped and held her chest.
    “Sweet Jesus you scared me…” she told the male. He gave her a devilish grin, as if climbing to a 3rd story window was the most casual thing. “Sorry, I wanted to surprise you and didn’t think the front door would do” he said as he stepped inside. Kiara shook her head. This male… he was part of a dark chapter in her past, a chapter she had worked hard to put behind her, although it was his fault she had experienced it all in the first place.
    “What are you doing here anyways? Last time I saw you, you came with a whole load of trouble I could have done without” she said as she went back to her den table where her paper was finally printed. She grabbed the 15 sheets of paper and aligned them before stapling them together. He shrugged. He was tall, at least 6’6, rather muscular, like he’d done manual work his entire life. It was his eyes however that were the most attractive feature of him. They were quite an unusual color. He approached her, talking in the most casual of tones. “Really? As I recall it I left you quite sated in bed” he said calmly, leaning against the open doorframe of her den. Kiara raised an eyebrow and turned around. She wasn’t sure if she should believe his charming nature, or if this was just a whole other case of déjà-vu. “Oh…then I guess you didn’t hear what happened next..” she began, wanting to gauge his reaction. The male blinked. “What happened next? You went to tell all the girls about me?” he asked, grinning, not one to brag about his skills in bed, but he did like the attention.
    She blinked, tilting her head to one side in a curious pose. “You really don’t know do you?” she asked again, this time a bit more surprised than she should be. She shook her head and sighed. Great, just fucking great, all this time she had hated him and now she learned he didn’t know the chain reaction he had begun? Way to go Kiara, you sure can pick them. He shook his head, completely oblivious of what she meant. “What was supposed to happen? Kiara, what happened after I left you that morning?” he asked again, not too pleased with her tone and the expression that had just gone through her eyes. She sighed and walked to her den “Do you really want to know? It is not a pretty story…” she said calmly as she fetched them both glasses for some juice. He nodded, taking a seat in her den. “Tell me. I want to know” he said.
    She brought him some juice and sat down across from him. “Lets see…where do I begin” she said as she pondered a bit to figure out where a good starting point of this saga would be. “Well, after you and I slept together and you left in the morning news of what I’d done spread like wildfire… the pack master was not happy to say the least” she said with a dark chuckle. She began to tell the story.

He had come to Jackson seeking information. He was under the rule of vampires, a servant to their whims for 3 years. He had to find information of some massive passing of V through Jackson and as a were, Quinn would be easily able to infiltrate the pack, however he needed an in. That’s where Kiara came in. She was 18, gorgeous, and she seemed to know her way around the pack. It was not hard to seduce her. She had lost her father a few years back, she was working hard with her mother to make ends meet and she seemed to need a male figure in her life, someone to anchor her and let her break down when she needed to. Quinn felt no remorse getting close to her. He enjoyed her fire. She kicked ass when she had to, and he often had to keep his legs crossed if she wore her favorite stiletto boots, because one of those to his nether regions and he’d be a falsetto for life. He courted her for a few weeks and she finally invited him to meet the pack one night.
    He had been disgusted from day one with that pack. They were all high on V. All of them were violent, men and women included. They were the epitome of biker gangs. Their crime streak was a mile wide and they showed no signs of stopping. He had to play his cards right, he needed to find out who was supplying the V. With the volumes that were passing through Jackson it had to be a vampire, no ordinary drainer could get a hand on so much blood without dead vampires popping up left and right. He had noticed that Kiara did not participate in the V, not that the other weres didn’t try to get her to drink it. They kept it on hand at the bar and passed it around like vodka shots, but she always refused. He wondered why. Was there some ritual for the weres to drink the V freely? Or was Kiara one of the smart ones who knew V would do her no good?
    His answer came shortly after he witnessed the ritual. Some girl, Debbie was her name, had been passed around like cheap meat. Then he saw the vampire; Russell Edgington… the king of Mississippi. He sliced open his wrist and poured his blood into shot cups like it was juice. It was all disgusting. They branded the poor sap like cattle.
    “Quin… lets get out of here” said Kiara, holding Quinn’s arm and tugging on it. She was uncomfortable, not to mention sick to her stomach. Quinn blinked and looked at her. The look in her eyes broke him. She was putting on the brave face, but there was that look of fear he knew all too well. “You… don’t approve of this do you?” he asked. She blinked and pulled him down. “Shhh!! You want to get me killed? Lets just go. They’ll get crazy here shortly and we can get out of here” she said in an urgent tone. He nodded and left with her, sneaking out of the dingy bar. He drove back to her small home and she led him inside. He looked around. Her mother wasn’t home. Little did Kiara know, but her mother was currently dead in a ditch. She had been forced to transport V from place to place, using her position as a nurse to cover her tracks, and Quinn had reported that to the vampires who had ordered the hit on her. Kiara didn’t know, ofcourse, and he wasn’t about to tell her.
    “Kiara… why do you stay in such a pack? They’re doing V and exposing us to the humans” he said as he sat on her couch. She locked her door and came to sit next to him. “It’s my mother’s idea Quinn… ever since my dad died, she didn’t feel safe just us girls here. I was young and she worked so much, so she figured a pack could lend us safety when we needed it. We didn’t know at the time that they did all those things, and now what we know, we’re not allowed to leave” she said sadly, resting her head on his shoulder. He watched her. She was still innocent, she could still be saved. He could tell the vamps she had helped him unravel the whole pack and she would be spared. He would hate to see an innocent were die for the stupidity of others. He wrapped an arm around her and spoke softly. “Why don’t you leave anyways? I’m sure your mother would not object to you leaving a dangerous place” he said, not that she would object anyways she was dead, but that was beside the point. Kiara shook her head. “I can’t leave my mother to them…who knows what they would do to her… “she said, turning her head and looking into Quinn’s gorgeous lavender eyes. He froze. Dammit, he’d looked into her face. His plan had been to get information from her, which he now had plenty of after tonight, but he was committing the cardinal crime of a con…falling for one of his targets. Before he knew it he was kissing her, kissing her like he’d kissed no other woman.
    Kiara froze. Sure, she and Quinn had kissed plenty before but this, THIS was different. She was melting completely into his arms. Before she knew it he had her pinned to the couch, his hands exploring her body, her hands clawing at the shirt he wore. He growled, having to pull away. “Kiara…I don’t want to hurt you.. I really don’t” he said softly. She smiled, kissing along his chin. “You won’t hurt me Quinn…I…want you to be it” she whispered, suppressing a blush. He froze. All the blood that had gone to his groin rushed to his head for an instant. “You..what?” he asked, not sure he’d really heard what he’d heard. She smiled and caressed his cheek “I want you to be my first Quinn. I don’t want one of those V addicted weres to take me… please…” she looked at him with begging eyes “at least give me one good memory about sex…” she said with a grin.
    He just stood there. His mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water. So many things went through his mind, but one stood out clear. She was right. At this rate one of those V weres was going to rape her in a most unpleasant of venues. At least he could ensure her first time was something she would enjoy. In one swoop he picked her up and carried her up the stairs to her bedroom. Time seemed to speed up and slow down. One minute they were making out, the next they were naked in her bed, exploring each other’s bodies. He showed her how to stroke his shaft… she was a quick study. He showered her body with kisses, drunk on her scent. They seemed to spend eternity just learning each others before her cries shattered the silence; her first orgasm. He had to fight back the urge to howl in triumph at bringing her such pleasure. Suddenly he was between her legs, telling her how it would hurt either way, how he would try to make her comfortable. She was eager, but scared and he didn’t blame her. Swiftly he penetrated her and held her close. They moaned, groaned, growled, clawed, and rolled around every which way. She became a woman that night in his arms.
    Neither of them did much sleeping. Hell it was dawn by the time Quinn finally exhausted his stamina which had left Kiara sore in all sorts of places. They were now just spooning in bed, talking.
    “I have to go soon Kiara…” said Quinn, knowing this may be the last time he ever sees her. She nodded, holding his hand to her breast. “I figured as much” she whispered softly. She turned her head to look at him “Will I ever see you again?” she asked. He didn’t know how to answer her, but smiled and kissed her nose “We’re wolves babe… our paths will cross again” he said softly. She smiled, seemingly content with that answer. Soon she was asleep. Quinn didn’t dare risk sleep, not when he had to leave Jackson now. He waited about an hour, making sure Kiara was fully asleep before peeling himself off her sweet body. As he got dressed he watched her sleep. He would miss her, her fire, he sass, her obsession with boots, even the way she would smack his chest when he was about to stick his foot in his mouth. He shook his head. He couldn’t dwell on it anymore and silently he left.
    After that, everything went to hell in a hand basket. That night Kiara was informed of her mother’s death. The packmaster for Jackson came over, saying Kiara was to be his next bedmate because she was the only virgin in the pack left that was of age. He was not happy to learn Kiara was no longer a virgin. She was taken to the bar and systematically raped by the whole pack who were high on V. They force fed her the blood which made her sick to the point she lost consciousness. Soon it was learned of Russell’s involvement in capturing some vampire from Louisiana. Wolves started showing up dead by the dozen, killed by bullets and vampires. Kiara asked to leave the pack, having no ties to Jackson now that her parents were gone. Quinn was labeled a traitor by the Jackson wolves and Kiara learned of his involvement in her mother’s death.
    Angry, sick and violated in the worse of ways Kiara went into exile. Everyone she ever cared for was gone. She brewed a hatred for Quinn, feeling that because of him she’d lost everything; her mother, her virginity, her place to live, her sanity.
    Quinn just sat there, listening in utter shock. He knew that pack had been bad business but damn, he had seriously under estimated them. “Kiara I’m sorry…” he began but she glared at him. “Oh don’t you come to me now saying you’re sorry Quinn. Because of you my mother died, because I dared to love you I was gang raped by 15 wolves high on V. I lost everything” She stood “You…used me, just to get information about that pack. I bet the sex was just a bonus that night” she spat out angrily. Quinn stood.
    “It wasn’t like that I swear!” he said, but he couldn’t blame her. He’d left her that morning and had NEVER looked back. He’d only come here because her name had been dropped at Fangtasia the night before. It being such a rare name he knew it had to be her. She looked at him “But it happened Quinn. You used me to get information and it cost me…everything” She leaned against the wall “Tell me, was it worth it? Was working for those vamps worth ruining my life?” she asked. Quinn had no answer. He stood and looked at her. She was still so pretty, but there was hurt behind her eyes. She’d grown up fast in the last 3 years and part of it was because he had used her. “If I could make it right I would Kiara…” he finally said. She shook her head. “Don’t bother Quinn… you taught me a valuable lesson that night” she said as she walked to her door “Men… only pretend to be nice… in the end, they get what they want, and leave you to the mess they leave behind” she opened her door “Go Quinn. I have no desire to see you anymore… “ she said calmly. Quinn walked pass her and left her apartment. She closed the door behind him. He wished she would scream, yell, make a scene, hit him, anything. He couldn’t stand that calm anger she had now. He’d given his servitude to the vampires, and had destroyed her life in the process.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:59 pm