For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Maker's Call

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

The Maker's Call Empty The Maker's Call

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Standing in the very enclosed elevator, as i felt it descend slowly to the lowest level of the Authority premises. Standing there silently with my arms folded across my chest, my foot tapping impatiently as i waited for the elevator to stop.

Thinking back to the previous few days as i had made the decision to come back to the Authority, images flashed through my mind as quickly as they left. Images of Kiara lying limp in my arms as her blood coated my clothes, the taste of her blood saturating the inside of my mouth.

I fought back a groan as i tried to compose myself, trying to avoid staring at my hands as the memory of Jessica's blood on my hands, the sound of her cries as she pleaded with me to stop.

My hand opened as the image of the wooden stake appeared in my hand, the pointy end covered in dripping blood.

Then it disappeared.

Gone.

I could almost still feel it in my hand, the thought of it almost brought me to my knees.

Moments later it haulted to a sudden stop, one of the two sets of doors opened slowly, opening in to a large reception room. Lights lit the pale grey walls, that were paneled with various old portraits of various different vampires through history.

A portrait of the former Guardian Roman hung above a reception desk, a young woman answering phone calls from a wireless head set. Her beautiful blue eyes caught my gaze as i slowly walked towards the main chamber to which we were all due to gather for yet another meeting.

"Mr Compton...Ms Agrippa would like to see you in her chambers" the young receptionist smiled at me as she continued with her conversation on the phone.

Nodding to her in thanks as i made my way across the hall to the members of the Authority chambers. Two guards stood by a closed door which led to Salome's chambers. Both dressed in black combat gear, holding their weapons close to their chest's.

The guards stool staring at me cautiously, nodded, as they led me down a large hallway, decorated with large red drapes, and yet more portraits, a portrait caught my eye, one of a sunrise across a deserted meadow.

My memories brought me back to the time that Kiara and i had made love under the sun, as birds tweeted in the clear blue sky. A new technology she had introduced me to from her company.

The guards stopped as i stood outside some see-through drapes that led into Salome's chamber. Salome was dressed in a very small pink silk dressing gown. She turned to me and smiled brightly as her face lit up at my presence.

"William...I have been expecting you....Please come in"

Walking through the drapes into her chambers, looking towards her as she poured herself a glass of blood into a crystal chalice.

"Can i offer you something to drink?" she smiled.

"No thank you" i nodded at her.

"Very well" she winked at me as she took a sip from the chalice.

"The Authority's new agenda has been set in motion. The first of many True Blood factories have been destroyed. And they shall continue *takes another sip from chalice* With out high connections in Russia, London, Germany. Mainstreamers will succumb to the new agenda. Lilith will rise again, and we shall allow her blood to be our guide William"

I nodded acknowledging her confession. Conflict was building inside of me, all i could do was force on a smile to hide my inner battle from her.

"And what of your progeny? Ms Hamby? Why have you not summoned her by your side?" she quizzed.

"I only want to protect my progeny from any harm" i replied.

"She shall not come to any harm Bill. Lilith will protect her" she smirked.

"Of course Salome" i nodded.

"Summon her Mr Compton. We shall need all the vampires we can. Lilith will want this....Or shall i have her brought in?" a threatening voice hidden behind her smile.

"No, i shall summon her" i replied defeatingly.

"Excellent...I have a surprise for you. I shall be back in a moment"

She placed her empty chalice on a large wooden desk, smiled at me and left her quarters, leaving my alone.

I have not seen Jessica since the incident at our home. I had on instant made a rash decision to return to the Authority with all attempts of leaving Jessica out of this.

Yet more images of Kiara's dead body, lifeless in my arms flashed through my mind. Salome had given me no choice. Re-opening the bond as i felt everything come flooding back to me as a tidal wave.

I felt my body send out the "Makers Call" as i felt a warmth tingle surge through my entire body as the call had been made.

Now all i could do was wait.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

The Maker's Call Empty Re: The Maker's Call

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 pm

I could feel the direction of where I needed to go. I tried calling his cell but only got his voice mail. I grabbed the keys to my car and sped out. It felt like the longest drive of my life. I just kept heading south. The pull getting stronger. I'm coming Bill...please be okay. I was not obeying speed limits at all. The radio just kept getting interrupted by broadcasts about True Blood plants blowing up. What was happening? Without True Blood....oh no. Was Bill behind this? I pushed the gas harder.

Two and a half hours later I finally made it to New Orleans. Wow, this was one hell of a city. Party people all over, women flashing things, men drinking. The smell of drugs, sex and alcohol hit my nose. I stopped and parked my car, getting out to figure out where to go. I closed my eyes and focused. Some idiot bumped into me drunk. {Hey sugar, wanna party?} I rolled my eyes at him. "fuck OFF!" I sped to an alley and closed my eyes. The pull was stronger now. He was in this city, now to find him.

I came upon a warehouse and looked around. Soon guards like Bill had were approaching me. "Hey, you...maybe you can help me. My maker Bill he summoned me here. Do you know him? Bill Compton, King of Louisiana." They spoke among themselves, talked to someone on a radio then opened a door and led me in. The inside did not look anything like I expected. It wasn't a warehouse at all. I was soon in an elevator with these guarded men. Now I was getting worried. The doors opened and there stood Bill. "Bill!!!" I ran towards him and hugged him. "Are you okay? Why are you here?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm

‎"You Fucking Traitor" Eric barked at me with an unconscious Nora held in his arms.

"I am doing this for you Eric" speaking softly at him as Salome smiled at me with a grin that shone brightly across her face.

One of the many guards had taken Nora from Eric, her body lifeless, and his assistant Molly by his side, her face searching frantically for some kind of escape.

I stood firmly watching as two of the guards took Eric's hand behind his back and cuffed him in silver, as Molly also. The smell of fresh burning skin filled the room as it filled my nose, wrinkling my nose at the burning smell. Watching at Eric was led away into the prisoner cells, i turned to smile at Salome.

Her long brown hair flowed around her subtle neck as she walked over towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist, leaning up to gently kiss me cheek, a small smile crept on to my face.

When suddenly the elevator doors opened, and Jessica ran towards me, pulling me into a tight embrace. I wrapped my arms around her tightly, running my hand through her soft red hair. Holding back the tears that threatened to fall.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 pm

I pulled away to look at him and knew he was still hurting. "Why are you here? And why did you summon me? Everything okay?" I looked to the side of him, standing there a woman with brown hair who held a smile on her face. Who the hell was she? Lilith herself? Oh God, now I was hallucinating. He looked different. Sad to see me, guilty maybe...but also that cold look was in his eyes. Oh no....please no. He started to look at the lady and I grabbed his face. "BILL! What is it?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:29 pm

I tried to hide everything that i was feeling from Jessica, and not to reveal anything to Salome as she gripped my hand in hers. I could feel her inner turmoil battling within her, i tried to keep it at bay, sending her some sort of comfort to her. Trying to hold myself together, to show my authority over my progeny in front of the Chancellor. She took my face into her small soft hands, trying to force a smile across my face, but yet it failed.

"Jessica, sweetheart. I would like you to meet Chancellor Agrippa of the Vampire Authority"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:34 pm

I looked at the woman, then back to Bill. Turning back to her I smiled fast then stood there blank faced. "Hi Chancellor Agrippa. Is Bill in some kinda trouble?" I asked worried about what the answer might be. She looked like she held some kind of power over him. And judging by the hand holding, he was way over Kiara. Wow I couldn't believe what was happening to this man. I was worried there may be no way to get him back.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:42 pm

‎"Jessica Hamby, it is so wonderful to meet the progeny of William Compton" Salome smiled and offered her hand to Jessica.

"Bill has returned to his rightful place by my side in the Authority. Lilith has chosen him to birth the new world together. She has chosen us, and she will choose you to stand by your Maker's side"

All i could do was try to continue to send some sort of re-assurance at her through the bond as i felt her worry as she began to worry frantically. I slowly let go of Salome's hand and took Jessica's into my own hands, rubbing my thumbs across her palms, trying to soothe her in any way i could.

"Jessica, you are here because i have summoned you to join us, to join the new agenda with me sweetheart"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:47 pm

I looked at this woman named Agrippa. "Mmhmm yeah okay. Well thank you for that offer." I turned back to Bill. "Bill, I thought we'd been through this....remember Kiara? Remember what happened?" Trying not to bring up such hurtful things but really. The woman went to speak again and I interrupted her. "SO I guess this Lilith person told you all that right? Like she's just on your speed dial? You know I've heard religious bullshit before, but this really takes the cake. Bill...you wanna stay here fine, but don't drag me into this. Fuck this." I said as I turned to go but the guards stepped in front of me. "Excuse me" When they didn't move, I feared this could be my last night....alive (sorta) Looking over my shoulder at Bill I shook my head in disbelief.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Listening to Jessica plead her case as she still refused to join the cause, knowing that Eric was now on thin ice as he still also refused to believe and join the cause. I knew Salome could only wait so long and i could tell by the way she looked at me she was growing impatient.

At the mention of Kiara's name, images of her dead lifeless body in my arms filled my mind, filling me with guilt...remorse. I tried to stop everything from over coming me, my knees felt as though they were buckling. Just as i was about to speak, Salome interrupted me.

"Jessica...Your Maker has asked that you join him. Us....Lilith will give you a better life. Life without fear....You will be free"

As the guards stopped Jessica by the elevator, she turned her head and stared me in the eyes. I stepped towards her, holding out my hand, sending her a sort of plea through the bond.

"Jessica....Please"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I turned around to face them both. "Yeah...and last I checked this WAS a free country. Free? My ass...being forced to believe in some vampire God that DOESN'T even EXIST! Yeah...free. Right." I looked back to Bill after he pled again. "No, Bill...Sorry but I cannot just kill people just because. Thats becoming something neither of us wanted....monsters. Did you know, I was kidnapped and SILVERED! All because I am what I am...why? Because people are SCARED of us. And now I see why they have reason to be. Miss Agrippa, with all due respect...I rather not join your cause because I personally think mainstreaming is mighty fine. Why mess with a good thing? I like how things are and I'm not gonna do it. Sorry." I turned on my heel and faced the two goons again. "Please move ninja wannabes." They pointed their guns at me and I looked at my chest that now had two red laser dots pointing to my heart. Oh...fuck.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Salome let out a frustrated sigh and her foot tapped on the tile floor, her arms folded across her chest as she turned to catch my gaze. On her signal the guards had raised their guns, with the aim laser at Jessica's chest, she backed against the elevator doors. I touched Salome's shoulder gently as she turned to frown at me, forcing a smile across my face, trying to re-assure her with my gentle touch.

"May i have a moment alone with Jessica?" i said gently caressing her shoulder.

"Very well Mr Compton" turning to meet Jessica's gaze "I hope you reconsider our offer Ms Hamby".

She nodded and indicated to the guards to drop their weapons, the guards took there new position at the entrance at the elevator.

"I hope that you will join us" she nodded and headed into the main Authority chamber, leaving Jessica and I alone.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:54 pm

I heaved a sigh of relief. Watching the wicked witch of the west leave with the guards, I looked back to Bill. He approached me trying to touch my arm. I pulled away from him and turned my back. "Bill...how could you think I would join you after what happened. How could you force me to do something so horrible. I won't, I can't...and you can't make me." I said feeling like I could cry as the bond felt like it was falling apart. I was losing him. He wasn't the same man, and I didn't know if he'd ever be the same. What would this mean for us?
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Watching as Jessica's trying to hold back her pain, her sadness, her loss. I could feel her heart breaking, shattering into a million pieces. I was no longer the man that she loved, a father figure that she cared deeply for. I signaled the guards to leave, as they headed through another door to the right, as the door clicked shut.

I turned to Jessica, trying to avoid her eyes.

"Come with me" i asked and began walking down a hall.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:16 pm

I watched him turn and request I follow him. What was he going to show me Lilith? I pondered for a minute, looked around the room and then sighed rolling my eyes. I folded my arms across my chest and followed him reluctantly. He opened these doors and walked in. There in the middle of the room was a podium that held a glass box covering a vial of what looked like blood. Oh brother....There was water surrounding the podium, with walkways. He turned to face me with that oh happy day look on his face. Like this would change my mind. "yeah...okay. What about it?"

The Maker's Call Downlo10
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:23 pm

As she followed in pursuit, i opened the doors to the Authority Chamber, walking towards the podium that held the blood of Lilith. Walking towards the podium, staring into the glass box, the vial of blood contained within it. I smiled as i inched closer, walking over the stones surrounded by the water, to stand before the podium. I turned to Jessica and smiled at her, forcing everything i felt to my core, not letting anything slip.

"Jessica...Within this vial is the blood of Lilith. God. This is the blood of the first vampire to walk this earth. A vampire created in God's image. This blood is pure, the purest blood i have ever tasted. It has shown me the way. This is the blood that created us all"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:28 pm

"Riiiiight. Okay. So where is the proof that this blood is Lilith's? Because you had some kind of...of hallucination? Bill, come on...you and I both know this is crazy. You probably drank...tiger or fairy blood or something. It can give you...interesting dreams. So I hear." I tried to avoid his eyes, but failed. Was that or could that really be blood of the first vampire ever. And how was it so clean? After so long. When a vampire dies, they kinda burst. How was someone able to save this blood. It just didn't make sense. "Bill....we can leave RIGHT now. Please, come with me?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:33 pm

‎"Please, come with me" Jessica began to plea with me. A part of me wanted to go with her, to leave this place. To get Eric and leave. But i knew the Authority would never let us leave, they would hunt us down and we would all meet the True Death. If Jessica was with me then i could protect her, with her by my side, she would be un-touchable. I walked over to her, taking her hands into mine, grasping them tightly. The brims of my eyes were filling up slowly as i fought back the tears from falling.

"Jessica....please. I am asking you as your Maker, please.........I can't protect you if you do not join....Please"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:38 pm

"I---" Salome entered the room and looked from Bill to myself. {Well, Mr. Compton. Has your progeny had a change in heart?} Bill and I were both silent. {Very well. Seems you must now decide Mr. Compton. Is your alliance with us and our cause, or with your progeny. Choose wisely, Lilith has chosen you.} I looked at Bill pleading with my eyes for him not to do this. They wanted him to show alliance with getting me to join their bible club seriously? "Bill....don't."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:46 pm

It was too late, Salome had made her demands of me, if i refused they would kill us both, or they would kill Jessica. A part of me knew what choice i wanted to make, but it left me with no other option. I was weak, but i had no choice, Jessica was all i had now, i would not loose her. I fully opened the bond to her, hoping for her to feel all the love that i had for her, hoping that she could feel my inner turmoil. I hope that she could understand the predicament i was in, hoping that she knew i had no choice. I would not have Jessica subjected to the torture i had to endure whilst under false imprisonment, under Nora's mis-guidance. I stared into Jessica'e eyes, gripping her hands tightly into mine. Doing this would mean there was no going back, i could never go back to who i once was, doing this i was not only loosing my progeny, but a young girl who i had grown to love as my own daughter. I would loose her after this, but i had no choice. Sending the last ounce of love through the bond to her, i stared into her eyes, and spoke the words i hated to use against my only child.

"Jessica.....As your Maker I............"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm