For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

The King Has Arrived

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

The King Has Arrived Empty The King Has Arrived

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Bubba "The King" was supposed to be here any minute, and in preparation for the night, we were all busy doing last minute checks and stocks. Eric was in his office, doing whatever it is he does best, and I was at the bar stocking up all the drinks. After a few minutes, all of us, except for Violet and the other few humans, heard a car pull up outside. Instantly, we all prepared to watch as Bubba entered the building along with some other bitches. It was instantly pretty damn obvious how hard it was for Violet to contain her excitement.

As soon as Bubba entered, before anybody, vampire or not, had the time to unleash their excitement, Bubba was ushered to Eric's office.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

The King Has Arrived Empty Re: The King Has Arrived

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Pam heard the walkie talkie go off alerting her that Bubba had arrived. Daniel was on the other end letting her know he was now being brought in to Eric's office. She waited next to Eric as the king himself entered with a shy smile. Grinning and being polite to him, he was a sensitive vampire and easily hurt. "Welcome to Fangtasia." Eric cooly made his way over and grinned. "I do hope your travel was up to your expectations, sir." I looked at Eric from the corner of my eye, grinning because he was never this polite.
    Bubba King
    Bubba King

Post by Bubba King Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

~He had a great trip, everyone being so nice. The cats were delicious even though he hated taking their poor lives, the blood was tasty. Wondering if he'd run into Miss Sookie again. She was always so nice to him. The guards helped him from the black limo and quickly brought him inside where he was greeted by the owners. Smiling as he nodded~

"Yes sir Mr. Eric. Very well, thank you....thank you very much. Nice choice in cats. I liked 'em a bunch. Is Miss Sookie here tonight? And when do I go on?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 pm

<She came out of Eric's office and ran a hand through her hair, a smile on her face. They had finally started getting along a bit better lately which was making her insanely happy. The only thing that would make her happier.......> BUBBA! <she squealed and ran over to him, still smiling like crazy. She hadn't seen Bubba in a long, long while so seeing that familiar, nice, happy smile was something she much appreciated.>

How ya been? <she asked as she looked around and squared her shoulders. So many vampires... and she only had some much 'fairy power' left in her fingers.>
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Bubba seemed to act more comfortable as more vampires he knew surrounded him, Sookie's squeal was an obvious answer to that. I stand at the bar, wondering what I should do next. I suppose I could go meet Bubba since I have done as much as I am going to at the bar. I could tell Violet was trying to figure out the same thing. I catch her attention and she walks over and whispers, "It's just so exciting seeing him like this!"

"Yea." I add, "maybe a little. Fuck it." I grin. "Lets go meet him."

Violet and I walk to Eric's office where Sookie and Bubba are talking just like old friends, and Pam and Eric are standing close by. Bubba looks over at us and we introduce ourselves.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Pam smiled as Tara and Violet entered the office, not so much when Sookie did but she stayed civil. Violet stared at Bubba like she'd seen a ghost but with the hugest grin. She cleared her throat and Violet giggled. "Sorry, forgive me. I'm Violet Asher, how ya doin'...Bubba?" Pam nodded in thank you for calling him by that name. Tara walked over to stand next to Pam. "Bubba this is my progeny, Tara Thornton. Tara, this is Bubba."
    Bubba King
    Bubba King

Post by Bubba King Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm

~Miss Sookie entered Mr. Eric's office and he smiled at her delight.~ "Miss Sookie, it's good to see ya." ~She looked just as pretty as before. The door opened again when two new ladies entered. One was human, one was a vampire. He nodded as they all introduced themselves.~ "Hey there, I'm Bubba. I'll be performing tonight." ~Looking at the clock he nodded to Pam~ "Looks like it's that time Miss Pam."

~He exited the office with all of his friends and headed for the stage. Wearing an old sequenced outfit, he stepped up and received a loud greeting. The song began to play as he took the microphone~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HZBUb0ElnNY
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm

As expected, Fangtasia was crowded. Everybody ordered their drinks quickly before Bubba started singing his first song, Love Me Tender. Once he started singing, everyone ran up as close as they could possibly get and some even sang along with him. It was nice being able to enjoy the song without anybody hassling me for drinks for once. Once the song ended, everyone went wild, it being a surreal moment for most of them. After a few minutes, stragglers came to the bar for drinks, and some humans stuck around sitting at the bar seats and watching Bubba perform. I am the one mostly serving drinks tonight, as Violet seems to be just like any other human here, stuck in awe at the sight of Bubba. Violet catches herself every once in awhile and apologizes, only to get caught up at the sight of Bubba again. I don't really mind, though, it was nice listening to Bubba after thinking for so long that would never be possible again.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Pam watched as Bubba began his first song. Eric taking Sookie's hand and leading her to the dance floor to dance with her. She rolled her eyes and watched the faces of the vampire community light up. This was going to bring in profit. The only humans allowed tonight were high up in vampire business and politics. The Queen of Oklahoma even in attendance. He was visiting her Queendom so she had a right to be here but her eye on Eric made Pam uneasy. Her eye on Sookie however, made her grin. Making her way to behind the bar as she ran her hands along Tara's curves and whispered in her ear. "Having a good night?" Violet stood in front of Daniel and swayed to the music, they looked so in love. They still owed her a few chairs and new desk. Ginger had rigged it up so it wouldn't fall but it was weak. The night seemed to be going off without a hitch.
    Bubba King
    Bubba King

Post by Bubba King Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

~The music stopped at the last note as he received a standing ovation and grinned. It had been months since he'd sung for his vampire friends. Getting the call about tonight made him weary, but he gladly accepted to help his dear Louisiana friends. Mr. Bill was king here now and he wondered where he was, not seeing him in the crowd. The music switched tempos and he recognized the song, as he swung his hips like he did in the 60's~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DcJac6OykfM
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

"This night is fuckin' great. A lot better than I expected." I answer Pam. "Seems we made a good choice," I grin.

When Bubba starts singing Burning Love, I chuckle slightly, and look over at Violet and Daniel, who have really gotten into the song and started dancing.

I look back over Pam. "Seems they're definitely enjoying themselves," I smirk and gesture towards Violet and Daniel. "Odd this was always one of my favorite songs."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:51 pm

She smirked and grabbed her hand, spinning her around and then pulling her back to her body. Moving to the beat with Tara since she said it was her favorite. Pam didn't dance, but for tonight, she'd let loose.

It wasn't often Bubba played, and it sure wasn't often he played here or brought in this many supporters and revenue. She wasn't complaining one bit. Everyone was having a good time and she just prayed it lasted.
    Bubba King
    Bubba King

Post by Bubba King Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9UcY_KsvHho

~He was having fun entertaining, it wasn't everyday you were able to relive your old life. They booked him under an impersonator to keep his cover. Ever since being brought over it was hard to stay out of public eye, Elvis sightings all around. It upset him, he wanted to leave that behind. So he went by Bubba. Just Bubba.~

~Another song change as he began to sing and dance on the stage, the crowd going wild~

♪♫Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone,
    Little Joe was blowin on the slide trombone.
    The drummer boy from Illinois went crash, boom, bang,
    The whole rhythm section was the purple gang.
    Lets rock, everybody, lets rock.
    Everybody in the whole cell block
    Was dancin to the jailhouse rock.

Number forty-seven said to number three:
    You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see.
    I sure would be delighted with your company,
    Come on and do the jailhouse rock with me.
    Lets rock, everybody, lets rock.
    Everybody in the whole cell block
    Was dancin to the jailhouse rock.♫♪
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Once Pam started dancing with me, I had decided it was time to let loose and have some fun. Life had been too fucked up up til now, tonight would be as good a time as any to celebrate the start of my new life and just to have some fun for once instead of being frightened about what might happen next. Sometimes I get tired of always havin' to be defensive.

When Bubba finishes up his song, I down a glass of our secret stash of grade A blood. And, right as I am finishing it up, Bubba starts singing Jailhouse Rock, and everyone in Fangtasia instantly get into the song. Sookie, Eric, Violet, Daniel, Pam, and I quickly take charge of the dance floor, demanding the attention of everyone here. I guess we have all decided to let go tonight and have fun. It doesn't take long for others to join in our dancing.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Pam danced with Tara and toasted to a night well done. Once Jailhouse Rock began to play the whole bar went crazy and everyone began to dance. What a sight it was to hear the King of Rock and Roll up there singing just like he never stopped. She nodded her head in satisfaction, knowing whatever John Quinn wanted in return, he'd get for a job well done.
    Bubba King
    Bubba King

Post by Bubba King Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm

"It's been a pleasure playin' for you all tonight. I'm gonna close this one out for the upcomin' holiday season, here goes."

~The tune began to play as he closed his eyes and began to sing his Christmas song.~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7ODrPL9-kEs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:12 pm