For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

It's Been 115 Years

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

It's Been 115 Years Empty It's Been 115 Years

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 am

"I want them followed! Immediately! And I want a report on my desk tomorrow night! Do i make myself clear!" Bill's anger poured out of him like a volcano erupting, this had been the third night in a row that his security team had following another rogue vampire that had taken refuge in Louisiana after escaping from Texas, leaving a trail of bodied in their wake as they caused severe damage as they left each state, ending up in Bill's state. The vampire was to be sentenced to the True Death as soon as they was caught, but yet he was avoiding capture quite well.

"Yes your majesty" a unknown cracked voice echoed through the his cell, his patience was wearing thin, and which didn't make his mood any better was that Kiara's new guards Taylor and Sawyer seemed to know her from her previous life, and yet they were less than willing to divulge that information as well as Kiara. There was something that he had not been catching, and every time he asked about her past, he would get shrugged off and it would escalade into another angument that seemed to have their ways of creeping up on them to ruin their evenings together. All they had was evenings together, sometimes he did wonder if he should let Kiara go...to find someone better for her, who could give her what she wanted..no needed. To live her life in the blistering sun that clung to her skin like coconut and lemons, that is what he smelled when he smelled her, but it was only a yearn to let her go and be free.

But yet, he was too selfish to let her go.

Throwing himself into his chair behind his desk, his cool hands sinking onto his face as he closed his eyes as he sat there engulfed in the pure silence that he welcomed, like music to his ears. Being able to shut out everything for that few moments, felt like eternal bliss. To feel like a normal vampire, not King Bill, nor Bill Compton....but the name he was given when he was born....William Compton.

"Your majesty?" a young woman voiced.

With his hands still heavily covering his face, as he spoke through his covered lips.

"Yes Marie?" he replied.

There was a moment of silence as he heard the first noise as her heels clicked delicately on his office floor.

"Are you alright sir?" she questioned, her voice full of concern.

"I shall be fine...Thank you Marie" he lowered his hands from his face and slapped them onto his lap.

"I do worry about you sometimes" she offered a sweet smile.

"Do not fret sweetheart, I shall be fine" he said, his voice flat and hollow.

"Is there anything else I can get for you tonight your majesty?" she quizzed.

"No...go home...Spend sometime with your daughter...I insist" he smiled again.

"Thank you sire...I would like that very much" she curtsied at him and turned from him to head back through the door that led to the kitchen.

"Marie?" Bill called out after her.

Marie turned quickly, her face full of concern "Yes your majesty?"

Bill paused for a moment, his face that held his frown as he nodded to her "Thank you Marie" he smirked.

"Your welcome your Majesty" she beemed back at him, turning to leave again, gently closing the door behind her, leaving him alone once more again.

Bill enjoyed the silence, he found a peace in it, especially today of all days. Bill had been dreading this day for the past couple of weeks, trying to push it from his mind, basking in the presence of Kiara, hoping that it would help dwell the guilt and remorse that he had been feeling for the a while now. But no, he knew he needed to feel this, he was the one that created this for himself, he was responsible for what he had done to an innocent.

It has been 115 years.....115 years since Bill Compton took the life of a child.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm