For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

I think I'll buy a house

Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

I think I'll buy a house Empty I think I'll buy a house

Post by Eric Northman Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm

It had been six months since the last time Eric had felt the presence of Sookie. She was an interesting....something. Not fully human, but not inhuman like a dirty wolf. She was defiant, independent and had captivated Bill Compton in a way he had not thought possible. The once very law abiding vampire was now almost a rogue. He could empathize with his feelings; all vampires were very possessive of their property...not that Sookie appreciated being thought of as property.

He turned over on his bed, it was barely 6pm and he had no motivation to go over to the bar and listen to the customers ohh and ahh over vampires. However he had no choice. As much as he wanted to slack off, and as much as he did during Sophie Ann's reign now he was under Bill. The thought of having that boyscout as king made him want to hurl. How Bill became king was as much as mystery as how Sophie Ann was suddenly dead. Eric suspected it had something to do with the authority and the fact that Nan seemed to have a very close business relationship with Compton. Ever since Bill had become king he'd been flaunting his new found power, making himself a nice big mansion, enforcing the 10% tithe like he was going poor, and being very strict in dealing out the true death to any criminals. More vampires had died in the last six months under Bill than in several years under Sophie Ann. He assumed it had to do with the fact that Sophie was always lenient to those who gave her money or helped her run her illegal blood running business. Well it was her fault. She went through her fortune faster than a diabetic goes through a bag of ho ho's.

As Eric got up and went to shower he closed his eyes. As much as he tried to focus he couldn't pick up anything of Sookie. Granted she hadn't drank as much blood of his as she had from Bill but Eric's blood was much stronger. It was as if she had been spirited away from the world. She wasn't dead, he could tell that much. He would have felt if she had died, it was a sensation he was familiar with from the few humans he'd allowed to partake of his blood.

After his shower he checked his email. He quirked a brow. He'd been paying attention to the human efforts in finding Miss Stackhouse and so far they were as clueless as he was. It seemed that the once numerous search party was now down to just her clueless brother. Last he'd heard on the news...what was his name? Jason? Had been in the process of becoming a police officer. Everyone knew it was so he could carry on the search for his sister with funds from the parish but it seemed no one was going to stop him. For once in his life the little human was actually trying to be more than the infamous gigolo that he was known for.

As he scrolled through the web articles another one came into view. It seemed that Mr Stackhouse was not good managing finances as he'd fallen behind on the property tax on Sookie's home. It seemed that the money dry parish was looking to seize the property. Eric leaned back in his seat. This presented an interesting opportunity. On one hand he could just ignore this news and go back to real business, on another hand he could purchase the home and tailor it to his needs for when Sookie came back. He placed his chin on his intertwined fingers. She WAS going to return, he would see to that, and by purchasing her home he would by-pass the “no crossing a mortal's home” rule of vampires. He grinned. Oh the possibilities were endless in this scenario. So without much fuss he placed a few calls to his banker and made himself a fake business name. He would purchase the home without anyone knowing it was him. Then he could make sure when Sookie returned, she would have no choice but to deal with his ever constant presence. He smirked. Now THAT was the way to stick it to Compton big time that he was no longer welcomed in his little bar maid's heart.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am