For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Looking Forward

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Looking Forward Empty Looking Forward

Post by John Quinn Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:14 pm

After he cleaned up the sparring room, he couldn't sleep, so he walked around a bit and found himself in a room that did not have light shutters. He absentmindedly played with the ancient coins in his fingers as he let his mind wander.

Quinn was a bit concerned after recent events as he looked out at the setting sun. He had begun to wonder how many more he would see. He loved Jessica and wished there were a way to keep her from the pain, but he knew that she would be forced to watch him grow old and one day die. He knew that would cause her a great deal of pain. She would never know that he worried over this. He always faced it before she woke.

He walked back into the bedroom, watching her still form begin to ripple with movement as she woke...her arms stretched out and her fingers flexed. He watched as her legs shifted under the blanket. He never tired of watching this...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Looking Forward Empty Re: Looking Forward

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 pm

It had been a week, a full week since Bill had been saved. Receiving the text from Kiara that night had been the best blessing ever, relieved that he was okay and safe. Quinn understood when I didn't leave his side for a full night. He told me about Christian, the same boy I'd tried to help was my...brother, vampire brother. The story was...sad, it was..such a shock I almost couldn't wrap my head around it. Lorena was a bitch, I'd heard stories but what she made Bill do...she ruined him, ruined Christian. The threat was greater than I knew and I vowed to Bill never to speak of him again, no one would know. Things were sorta getting back to normal again, whatever normal was. Maybe I could leave the mansion soon.

I felt my body come alive and wiggled my fingers and moved my bare legs against the sheets on the bed. Stretching my body to loosen up my joints and muscles as I awoke for the night. My hair splayed out over the pillows as I moaned softly and sat up looking around the room until I spotted Quinn standing at the foot of the bed. I gave him a soft smile and pulled the covers up over my naked form. "Good evening." The way he smiled back as he watched me wake, which I knew was one of his favorite things to do and I'd never understand why. I stood and held the sheet to my body as I reached up to kiss his lips softly. Pulling back I looked into his eyes, "How was your day?" I always wondered what he did while I slept, mainly work but I often wondered what he thought about.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:52 am

"How was your day?"

Quinn smiled as he thought of what to say...

"Well, I had a good one, I think. The EEE is moving forward, despite the loss of the Authority backing. We are self sufficient enough to be making a steady profit level. We have expanded into a few new areas as of late, and we are going to be looking into absorbing a few companies we have been buying shares in. Over all, I'd say a good day. A good step toward the future. With you at my side, I am certain that things will always go well."

Quinn chuckled as he thought of her in a business suit, directing clients and staff alike with a Bluetooth on her ear and a P.A.D.D. in her hands. He hoped she would be able to handle things once he got too old to do it. With time and training, he was sure she could.

"I want to begin your business classes soon, Jessica. You took on a role with the company and I intend to make sure you can do it. You will have the best educators and strategists. You will have the best people money can buy at your fingertips. We will be in good hands as things evolve. Once we have you trained, I am going to start expanding your role. Eventually you will be able to run the whole thing yourself, should the need arise..."

He walked over to the window, which was slowly sliding back to reveal the night sky.

"I am not trying to worry you Jessica. I just sometimes wish I knew the future…"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 am