For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Moving Forward

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Moving Forward Empty Moving Forward

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:33 pm

He looked over the purchase agreement and read it for the fifth time today. All he had to do was sign and hand over the check and it was his. He could afford it, between the pay raise for being Mayor and the money from selling the bar, he was set for a good while. He decided to surprise her with all of it, and really prayed it wasn't a bad decision.

He folded the papers and slid them into his inside jacket pocket, smiling confidently. He left the office and headed back to the trailer to see what Nicole was up to.

He walked in and looked around, calling out her name. -Nicole? Are you here?- She sometimes had a thing of going to the bar and getting Lafayette's good cooking. He walked through the trailer looking for her.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Moving Forward Empty Re: Moving Forward

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:53 pm

-she was in the bathroom, for the fifth time that day, and sighed as she flushed the toilet, washed her hands and stepped out the door.-

Yes?

-she said with a smile as she stepped out and looked at him-

I was thinking of going to the bar to get a burger. You wanna join me?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:55 pm

He chuckled at her predictable ways of hunger. -I figured as much. I have an idea, how about...- He stepped closer to her and kissed her lips softly before pulling back to look at her. -You go get dressed, I'll order your usual to go and we take a small road trip. I have a surprise for you...- He held her hands and waited for her answer.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:01 pm

A road trip, you say?

-she raised her brow even higher and gave his hand a squeeze before stepping closer and pressing her lips against his again-

I mean, if that's what you want. I was thinking lunch and a romantic night in, myself. But that can be arranged for later this evening.

-she gently nipped his chin and stepped back with a mischievous grin-

If you order while I get dressed, I'm game.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:11 pm

He grinned and cocked a brow of his own. -Well, how interesting.- He grunted in his throat and gave her an appreciative look up and down. -One I'd be very game for.- He playfully tapped her nose and kissed her. -Now git, woman.- He playfully pat her butt to shoo her.

Going into the bar, he ordered her favorite from Lafayette and paid Arlene. Looking around, he nodded. -Arlene, it's really lookin' great in here. I see business is up too.-

"Aww Sam, I ain't changed much. But I will admit I am lovin' bein' the boss lady." She giggled a bit and he smiled.

-Seem good at it.- She asked about how he liked his new position as Mayor and he told her about how it was going. While waiting for the food to be ready, it was nice to catch up with old friends and socialize with some of the residents who voted for him. Lafayette told him his order was ready and he gave Arlene a hug and thanked her again for doing what she did. Whispering in her ear, -Terry would be so proud of you.- Before stepping back and seeing the tears in her eyes. He headed out the back and put the food in the jeep. Going back into the trailer, he looked around for Nicole.

-Nicole, are you ready?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:28 pm

-she stretched her hands over her head and winced as she had a slightly cramping sensation in her side. Wincing slightly, she turned around and walked out of the bedroom to see him standing there.-

I'm ready!

-she twirled around slowly to show him the dress that she had bought a few days before; it was a sundress, bright yellow with a tight bodice that flared at her hips and showed off her growing baby bump.-

You like?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:40 pm

He smiled appreciatively and nodded. -Very nice. I do like it.- He slid his hands on her hips and kissed her cheek. -Beautiful actually.- He took one of her hands and kissed the top of it, smiling. -Ready?- When she nodded, he led her towards the jeep and helped her in. Getting into the driver side, he headed to their destination.

Taking a left off the main road, he traveled down the old dirt road to the dead end where a subdivision had began. Homes were being built and some were already built. It wasn't far from the bar or town. He looked over and smiled at her, pulling up to the side of the road next to one of the houses on the left. He put the jeep in park and looked at her. -Nice subdivision isn't it?-

Moving Forward Hotw1_t607
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:08 pm

-she nodded, still unsure what he was planning on doing.-

This is a really nice subdivision.

-turning to him with a slight raised brow, she couldn't help wonder what he was going on about. This was a very nice area, but she had no idea what they were doing here. None whatsoever.-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:11 pm

He smiled and opened the door, went around to open her side. After helping her out, he led her to the front door then turned to her. -I want to make a nice life for you...for our child, I want you to be happy. With my new position, image is everything according to Jacqueline. She had a good point though and I can't live in a trailer behind the bar forever. So, with that being said...will you do the honors of opening the door to our new house?- He smiled and handed her the keys, secretly praying she didn't hate it.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:23 pm

-her mouth opened, then closed, causing her to look very much like a fish.-

I... what?

-their house? He had bought them a house? A house? A home of their own? She looked at him, then back to the house, then back to him.-

You... you bought us a house?

-while she knew that his feelings for her had grown, he hadn't thought that they were so much so that he would invest in a house... for them. For their child. Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at him and grabbed the keys. She didn't say anything else but put the keys in the lock and turned, her heart racing as she pushed the door open. It was their home.... theirs-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:26 pm

He smiled and nodded. -Yes. I signed the papers this morning and pay her today...I figured I'd wait to make sure you didn't hate it.- He chuckled and watched her open the door and push it open. He stepped in after her and the smell of freshly painted walls and hardwood floor cedar hit his nose. Everything smelled brand new. A new beginning for them, a new start. The house was empty, but the love they would put into it would make it feel like home soon enough. -I know you like to decorate, so I'm leaving you in charge of that. And you can pick out the furniture. I have money, we just need to spend it.- He smiled. -Do you really like it?-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:50 pm

-she turned to him again and all but squealed, her eyes going wide as ideas hit her. They had a house.-

How many rooms does it have? And how much land? Can we have a little playground for the baby?

-so many questions. But even with all that, her heart grew. He had bought them a house. This was his way, in not so many words, of saying that they were a sure thing. He cared about her. A lot. She turned to him, putting her hands on his shoulders and wrapping her arms around him.-

Sam. This is perfection. I love it. I lo....

-she stopped, realizing that they hadn't exchanged those words, not yet. But the fact remained that she did love him. And she wanted him to know it. She put her hands to his face and moved him so that he was looking her in the eyes.-

I love you.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:54 pm

He smiled and chuckled a bit as she rambled on and on about her questions. He went to answer them when she kept talking and looking around. -I'm glad you...- She placed her hands on his face and he looked into her eyes. When she said those three words, he felt as if his heart beat only for her. He had fallen in love with this woman. And now she carried his child. Swallowing a lump, he looked into her eyes and ran the backs of his knuckles against her cheek.

-I love you, too, Nicole. Very much.- He kissed her and pressed her against the wall gently, deepening the kiss as his tongue slid into her mouth. His hand fisted into her hair as he pinned her between the wall and his body. His free hand moved down the side of her, following the curve of her hip to the protruding belly that held their child.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:14 pm

-she smiled into his kiss and let out a low moan as his hand traveled her body; her skin was so sensitive now that she was further along into her pregnancy. And knowing that he loved her, that he felt the same, was so fulfilling that she felt like crying. But she held back the tears. Her hands went to his waist, then up to his shoulders as she wrapped them around him and pulled him close. Their kiss broke, but her face went to his neck and she held him as close as she could, pouring all of the love that she had into him.-

You have no idea how nice it is to hear that, Sam. I... I was afraid that you didn't.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:19 pm

He held her tightly to him and kissed the top of her head. -I was afraid to admit it.- He thought about Luna and how he lost her after letting himself love her, trust her, care for her. Swallowing the lump in this throat he smiled. -How about we eat lunch on the floor of our soon to be living room? I'll go get the food.- He kissed her lips softly once more and headed out to get the food for a housewarming picnic. Memories that began today, memories he was making with her.

It was time to move forward.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am