For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

All This Baby Talk

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

All This Baby Talk Empty All This Baby Talk

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:48 am

'Charlie?....Ben?...Max?........Francine?........Faith?.....Ethan?....Lexi?'

There was so many possibilities...

Was it a boy or a girl?

Amy's brother was still not answering, there was so many questions that he wanted to know. When would Amy give birth? How could they tell if it was a boy or a girl? Could she give birth at the hospital? Or would she need to have a home birth?

Hoyt Fortenberry had already been watching all the program's on the TV so he knew what to do when the time came - grab the overnight bag - drive to the hospital - prepare for the pain. But he still didn't know what to expect.

Crap!

He had burnt the toast...again. He wanted to surprise Amy with breakfast in bed, he had made everything himself...Well he had made the toast. He had gotten up early and ordered in Amy's favorite breakfast foods. Pouring a glass of orange and pineapple juice, he placed the glass onto the tray as he made his way from the kitchen to their bedroom, knocking a little on the door as he peeped his head around the door.

"Morning....I made you breakfast" he grinned shyly.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

All This Baby Talk Empty Re: All This Baby Talk

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 am

Amy smiled. She had an arm draped over her distended stomach. She seemed to be growing bigger and bigger every day. She knew that a pure fae would give birth in about 2-3 weeks after conception but since she was only half she wasn't sure how long it would take her.

She had left her brother several messages. The fact he hadn't shown to pick her up and take her away meant he'd gotten her message about her being pregnant but she hoped he showed up at least to give her some guidance on this.

She looked up at Hoyt who had been the picture perfect father for the past few weeks. He worried over her every little thing and would spend hours just touching her stomach and debating names.

"mmm...that smells really good" she said. The one thing that had really changed had been her appetite. Although she'd been a healthy eater before now... now she was plowing through food like a football linebacker in training.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:19 am

He carried the tray over towards the bed, the tray filled with a large tower of pancakes, syrup and pieces of chopped strawberries and other various berries. A few pieces of toast and melted butter, half a grape fruit, a small pot of tea just how she liked it and a glass of orange and pineapple juice with shard of ice.

It seemed that reading all those books had done him some good, making sure that she got every nutrient that she would need. Although he did not deny her when she wanted fried chicken, knowing that her cravings had increased over the last few weeks.

"Anything for my pumpkin" he grinned.

Placing the tray in front of her as he poured himself and her a small cup of steaming hot tea as he sat opposite her and watched her dive in to the feast of foods in front of her.

"So...Have you thought anymore about what we talked about last night? Names for the baby?" he asked curiously.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:41 am

She ate some of the pancakes before answering his question, wanting to take the edge off her hunger.

"I have... but I've loved the names you come up with so far. I mean...I've never named something before" she said as she touched her stomach, feeling the baby stir.

"I want to be a good mother. I'll be there for my baby and not just dump it like my mother did me and my siblings" she muttered.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:50 am

He smirked as he gently placed the palm of his hand on the growing stomach as he felt the baby move as it shook his hand.

"Your going to be a great mother...I know you will" he grinned.

He pondered her remark about liking the names that he had suggested.

"We should name our baby together Amy...One for a boy and one for a girl, until we know what it is that we are having, we should be prepared" he grinned.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:54 am

She smiled. Just as she was about to say something her phone buzzed. She looked at it and grabbed it, picking up the call.

"Dammit Cael where the hell are you?" she said with some frustration. "....yeah yeah... vampires are all evil....I'm about to pop out a child and I have no idea what I'm doing...I think I'm higher on the priority list" she said with a pout. Even beside her Hoyt would be able to hear her brother's good natured laugh.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 am

Hoyt stole the last piece of buttered toast from her plate as he stuffed it into his mouth as he groaned as he heard Amy's cell ring.

"Dammit Cael where the hell are you?....yeah yeah... vampires are all evil....I'm about to pop out a child and I have no idea what I'm doing...I think I'm higher on the priority list"

Hoyt forced the piece of toast in his mouth down his dry throat.

"Ask...Ask" he let out a dry cough as he reached for his mug of tea as he drained the cooling liquid in one swift mouthful.

"Ask him what do we need to do?" he asked finally clearing his throat
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 am

"Cael... seriously...I need you. I've never had a chil-" she began before her brother appeared out of thin air inside their bedroom, still holding the phone.

"Well I'll be....you really are ready to pop" he said as he approached them both. Amy gave him a tired look but he ignored it as he touched her stomach. There was a soft glow of light from his hand before he spoke.

"mmm...healthy baby... you still have some time... Halflings have about a 3 month pregnancy, you just got bigger faster than others" he said calmly.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am

Hoyt stumbled as he fell off the bed and hit the floor with a loud thud as he hit his head on the small bedside table as Cael appeared out of thin air.

"A little warning next time please!" he snapped at Amy's brother as he rubbed the back of his head as he climbed to sit on the edge of the bed.

"mmm...healthy baby... you still have some time... Halflings have about a 3 month pregnancy, you just got bigger faster than others"

"What do you mean 3 months? Is it a boy or girl? Will it be like you or will it be human?" Hoyt quizzed Cael. There was so many things that he wanted to know.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 am

Cael shrugged. "I can tell you the gender if you want me to spoil it. As for human or fae, it will have some fae in it, but just like Amy it'll be less since she's only a halfling. It'll have a normal human upbringing... but it still be alluring to any vampires" he said casually.

Amy looked at Hoyt. "Do you really want to know the gender?" she asked.

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:47 am

"Alluring? Like Vampire Bill is to Sookie....because of her blood?" he frowned.

"I can tell you the gender if you want me to spoil it"

Her brother knew the gender....He knew if it was a boy or if it was a girl.

"Only if you want to know Amy. If not, we can wait...Hold on Cael, if the baby is going to have fairy in him or her. Will Amy be able to give birth at a hospital?"

Part of him wanted to know if he was going to have a son or daughter...But he didn't know if Amy wanted to know or not.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 am

Cael nodded. "Yes she can give birth at a normal hospital. Thankfully she isn't a full fae so she wouldn't do the weird glowing thing when she gives birth" he said with a smirk.

He sat down on the edge of the bed and smiled. "You'll do fine Amy... I'll be here on your birthing day"

Amy smiled, glad she wouldn't give birth like a full fae because that would just be awkward for everyone.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 pm

'Give birth on Amy's birthday'

"That's August...2 months..2 months I am going to be a father..We going to be a family" he grinned.

He couldn't believe it, they were going to be a family soon. In 2 months everything would change.

"Are you sure? 2 months?" he asked skeptically.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Cael shrugged "Give or take a few days but yes 2 months" he said as he stood. "Now I'm heading off. Unfortunately not all halflings were as lucky as you so I'm still tasked with rounding them up" he said.

Amy looked at him "But...what about you and...." she began before Cael shook his head. "Don't worry....the elders know I'm not in the pool of males being made to breed, my girlfriend and I are safe"

Amy smiled. "Good... I hope you bring her over someday"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:43 pm

"You have a girlfriend?...You should bring her around, would be nice to meet some, some more Fae" he muttered, not sure what to call them.

He ran his hand along Amy's stomach, feeling the baby kick as he grinned boyishly.

"Thank you Cael...I mean it, thank you" he whispered.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Cael smiled "Take care of her Hoyt... I don't care much for my other bratty sisters but if you let Amy get hurt I'll cut off your balls and feed them to you" he said in a half threatening half joking manner before he disappeared.

Amy chuckled as she went back to her pineapple juice "well...guess we got some questions answered" she said as she looked at Hoyt.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 pm

"I promise...I will keep her safe" he reassured her brother.

And with that he disappeared.

"Yeah we got some answers...Some more than others. Did you want to know the gender of the baby? We could call him back if you want to know?" if Amy wanted to know, then he would to. But if not, then they would wait until the baby was born.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:59 pm

She looked down at her stomach and smiled. "I like thinking it's just a little nugget...out little nugget, but I suppose if we want to get a nursery and things going we should know the gender so we know what to buy" she said as she looked at him.

"Right now though....I'm just really...really hungry" she said as she went back to her pancakes
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 pm

"Well when your ready, we can go shopping. I have been saving money since i was like 10 years old. I got enough to get us started, yellow is neutral. It goes for both boy and girls...Well i had a pink room til i was 3. My mama wanted a girl, Emily she wanted to call me, after my grandmother" he smirked.

Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:08 pm

She chuckled and kissed his cheek. "Well I'm sure glad you turned out to be a boy" she said as she finished up her juice.

She finished up the rest of her breakfast, glad that Hoyt didn't seemed bothered with her monstrous appetite. She set the empty plate down and leaned back on her pillows. She rubbed her stomach, the baby now settled down and not moving about, perhaps also sated with all the food.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 pm

"Rest...I shall be back soon. I have to go and meet Darren about my job, then if your feeling alright. We can go shopping" he grinned.

Gently placing a kiss on her cheek, he grabbed the empty tray from the bed, noting that she had consumed everything on the plates, which he was happy about.

"Do you need anything else sweetheart?...Anything from the store?" he asked before he had to go.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:25 pm

She smiled as Hoyt spoke about going to his job. She felt bad that her pregnancy kept him at home and not working.

"I guess some more fruit would be nice...I keep eating it all" she said with a sheepish smile.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:37 pm

"I will get you all the fruit that you want, strawberries, peaches. Anything you want" he grinned.

Closing the door behind him as he headed back to the kitchen to drop of the tray and empty dishes that he would do when he returned. After the revelation of what Cael had told them about the baby, Hoyt had plans in motion. His excuse was that he was going to see Darren, which was true. They had planned to meet at a bar in town, but there was another stop that Hoyt would need to make, he would do anything to protect Amy and their unborn baby.

No matter what.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:46 am