For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Baby Powers

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Baby Powers Empty Baby Powers

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:45 am

Hoyt had not long ago put Elijah and Lucas to bed as he collapsed into the couch as he could hear Amy in the kitchen cooking something, the aroma's making his mouth water. He could smell every single thing that she was putting together. The twins had taking over every single spare moment and not leaving a minute for he and Amy to spend time together. They had both decided that they did not want to risk hiring a babysitter to watch over them especially after what happened at the store with Elijah's hand flowing in front of the old woman.

"Need a hand?" he called out to the kitchen.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Baby Powers Empty Re: Baby Powers

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:11 am

Amy lifted her head. She'd been in the process of cutting carrots to add to one of Hoyt's favorite dishes; beef roast when he called her. She smiled.

"It's alright love...you rest" she said as she put the carrots into the oven pan where the beef roast was ready to be made. She finished up adding the herbs, some stock and set it into the oven. This way Hoyt would have plenty of tasty lunch for work tomorrow. She washed up before grabbing a beer from the fridge and going over to where Hoyt was on the couch.

"Want some?" she asked, holding the beer out by his hand.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Hoyt's mouth continued to grumble as he could smell the beef, he was practically counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until he could put that first fork full into his mouth. The boys were sleeping soundly for now he just hoped that they would stay like that for the rest of the night.

"Thanks hon" he smirked as he accepted the beer.

As he took a sip from the beer as he let himself relax, he had still not told Amy about the incident at the store.

"Amy....When did you get your....powers?" he quizzed her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Amy blinked. That was an odd question but she shrugged as she sat on the edge of the couch, running her hand along Hoyt's back.

"I can't say for sure... I developed the telepathy thing ever since I could remember... but I suppose I didn't start shooting light from my hands until I was...maybe 4 or 5. But it all varies from fae to fae... my brother couldn't read minds until he was 12"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Hoyt listened to her answer as he tried to work out in his head how old Elijah and Lucas were, only a few months old. Surely that was too young to have....powers.

"At the store a few days ago...Elijah made his hands glow. Like glow glow, like fairy lights" he told Amy.

He hoped that Amy might be able to tell him that it was normal, or that maybe it would stop until they had both grown up.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:01 pm

She nodded, taking it surprisingly calmly. "Was he particularly happy? or sad? or excited? do you know?" she asked as she kept rubbing his back.

"I know when a fae is very young their powers are ruled by emotions. As a kid is hard to contain yourself and as a baby its even worse"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 pm

"He was happy...I think. We went to the store to buy some groceries and he was just playing with Lucas" he remembered.

How were they going to be able to explain this to anyone who saw them making their hands glow, he didn't want to advertise that they were different from humans. He promised Cael that he would look after the boys and Amy.

"Can they be trained?"
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:16 pm

She nodded "yes they can... A trick my father used was to mix in some lemon juice with our normal juice. You have to be very careful BUT because too much lemon is poisonous to fae but in tiny doses it suppresses our powers.... kinda like silver for vampires"

She smiled. "He must have been too happy being around his papa I think"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:25 pm

".....Maybe that..." 

He was abruptly ended by a scream as the father in Hoyt dropped his beer to the floor as he raced to the boys bedroom as he burst through the door and was met with a sight that made him stop in his tracks.

Baby Powers 28662610

Lucas and some of his toys floating in mid air.

"AMY!.....AMY!" Hoyt called.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Amy rushed over, thinking something was terribly wrong before she saw Lucas floating in the air with his toys. She shook her head.

"Now now Son...you can't be floating things like this, you'll scare daddy" she said as she plucked him from the air in an all too casual manner.

Lucas cooed and snuggled to Amy, the toys falling back into his crib. She smiled. "I blame your father.. all his strong genes make you boys so much trouble" she whispered as Lucas buried his face in the crook of her neck.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Hoyt froze as Amy took Lucas from the air as Elijah sat in his crib giggling as though he was able to read his mind.

"Maybe some lemon might be the best idea" he directed to Amy.

As he glanced to see Elijah still giggling.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:59 pm

She smiled. "surprisingly I prepared for this occasion. Go to the kitchen, you'll find a small jar filled with tiny lemon candy, bring it to me. I'm sure one piece of candy should calm their powers down and not affect them in any other way"

She rubbed Lucas' back to keep him calm while getting close to where Elijah was so he could pull on her shirt and amuse himself without using his powers.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Hoyt nodded and did exactly what Amy said as he hurried to the kitchen and retrieved the small jar of lemon candy and returned instantly to the boys bedroom as he opened the jar and handed Amy a small piece of lemon candy.

"It won't hurt them will it? I mean it won't stop their powers?" he quizzed her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:15 pm

She smiled and nodded "No... I mean there are ways of stopping a fae power permanently but by having them consume some lemon their system will process it normally and they should be back to having powers in the morning" she said as she balanced Lucas on her hip.

She took the lemon candy and used her teeth to break it in half. She gave Lucas a small piece, then Elijah. Both boys seemed delighted by the sweet treat and they bounced around happily.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Hoyt watched as Elijah and Lucas who seemed oblivious to anything other than the lemon candy in their mouths. Maybe it would be better for them to not have their powers, they could live normal lives and be without fear of being discovered. But would it stop the vampires?

"Maybe it is something that we should talk about....Later. Don't want the boys getting sad" he suggested.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:25 pm

She nodded as she set down Lucas in his crib. She watched as the boys ate their candy then seemed quite content to go back to sleep, no floating toys this time around.

She bent down to kiss their foreheads "No more troubles boys..." she whispered before leaving the bedroom with Hoyt.

It was only when they were back at the couch that she looked at him. "You really believe they would be ok without powers?"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Once Hoyt was back on the couch as he cleaned up his spilled beer and dropped the empty bottle into the trash he turned to Amy.

"Maybe for a little while? Until they were old enough to control their emotions?" he suggested.

He hated that he was even suggesting this, but it would be for their own safety.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Amy nodded as she sat beside him. "That could be something... like I said my father did it to me and my siblings by always keeping something lemon near or in us" she said.

She leaned back. "He used to go out of his way to have lemon scented things and we were always having lemonade or lemon candy or he'd mix lemon juice in our normal juice so we couldn't taste it"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:41 pm

"It would only be until they were older and you could teach them? I promised Cael I would protect them with my life and that is exactly what I am going to do" he assured Amy. 

It was a promise that he was going to keep, no matter what it took. If it meant that the boys had no powers until they were older. Then that was something that they had to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:20 am