For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Planning and playing

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Planning and playing Empty Planning and playing

Post by John Quinn Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:06 pm

The warden watched in fascinated horror as the silver bars cut their way through the vampire. He could barely watch, having long ago turned down the sound. He looked to the wing officer with a questioning glance.

“You say this was done in self-defense? It looks like an execution. He knew the silver was in the bars and he held his cell-mate against them until they carved through him.”

“I understand that, sir, but it really was self-defense. The new inmate had only been in the cell a few minutes and for some reason, the other vampire attacked him and wouldn't stop. I saw the whole thing go down on our monitors, but it happened so fast…we had no chance to intervene.”

“You can see the searing on the hands from the other inmate, but from the look of him, he is no vampire. This was unfortunate, but the mistake was on our end. At no time did he have fangs, and I imagine if you checked, his blood is warm. This is no vampire, but he might have other uses. See to his wounds and move him to medical segregation for now, just as a precaution…and clean up what is left of his cell mate. The efficiency was impressive though…disturbingly impressive. I doubt this was his first vampire kill.”

“Yes….understood, Sir. Restraints, Sir?”

“Of course restraints but make sure you use the silver free cuffs. I do not think this one is anything he appears to be.  There is something in his eyes…hollowness. This was not an attack of malice, but of survival. Once he is in medical, have them review him, and see if there is anything he needs.”

“Yes, of course, Sir. One other thing I felt I should mention. He was drinking some of his cellmate’s blood when they were fighting. He actually seemed to get stronger from it.”

“Interesting…I’ll make note of it. If it is something he needs, then it might be a good way to keep him in line. Get things moving, Baxter, I have a few calls to make.”

As the officer walked out of his office, the warden smiled and opened the drawer to his desk. He pulled out a slim cell phone and hit the auto-dial. He smiled as he watched the video again.

“You said to get in touch if I thought I had found the one you are looking for. I am fairly certain of it. He fits all the details, but is even more vicious than you implied. This one could be interesting to have around if you do not need him right away. Yes, of course…give him what he needs, no questions. I understand completely, Mr. Black. He might be useful in the removal from several problems in the facility. Yes, when you tell us, we will have him ready for the transfer. Excellent, Mr. Black, I’ll be expecting the deposit this evening. ”

The warden smiled as he turned off the monitor. This new inmate, Mr. Quinn, had definite possibilities. What did the mysterious Mr. Black want with him? What history did they share? Well…it did not really matter as long as the money arrived. The warden placed the phone back in the drawer and pulled out a magazine, looking through the ads for ideas on what to buy with his new found funds.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am