For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Playing with the cards...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Playing with the cards... Empty Playing with the cards...

Post by Willa Burrell Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 am

(Willa got home from the séance in a trance like state she couldn’t believe she had gone let alone participated .She drove very slow down the roads that lead to home as she was not in her own mind her brain was still at Lafayette’s  going over and over what had just occurred .She couldn’t believe she had spoken and saw her great great grandmother Willamenia who was alive in the 1800’s ,it was all to much to take in .Her grandmother looked as she must have looked when she was in the prime of her life before she was murdered by her own husband ,she was so beautiful why did he murder her ,Willa had to find out .Instead of going straight home she stopped at the magics store and bought her own set of Tarot cards in the hopes she could talk more to her grandmother .

As she finally got home and walked up the steps she realized she was walking into an empty house again ,she meant with one of the guards before going inside and learned that they had found a infected vampire wondering close by but was dispatched and burned without any problem .She thanked the guard and offered him and his men some True Blood from the cellar and went inside .She fed the furries and went to her room to play with her cards and write in her diary all that had happened …)

I was so scared at first …but Lafayette is such a wonderful person and made me feel at ease right away …I almost ran him off the road in my excitement to get to his house ..I felt so bad but again Lafayette made me feel like it was no big deal and …well he is just so nice ..I think we will become fast friends ..he is so different ..a little weird but who isn’t these days …but the person he is makes me feel less weird ..does that even make sense I don’t know but I feel welcome in his home and in his life ..like I belong there …what would Eric say ..he would blow a gasket if he knew I was consorting with humans ..he would demand I stop I am sure of that  so he can never find out what I doing with Lafayette ..never ..

(She put her pen down and open up her new Tarot cards and reads the directions on how to use them and tries a small reading of 10 major arcana cards .She lays them out as the directions for a major 10 reading demands and starts to read . Doing the Celtic Cross Lavout layout she lays her cards out in this manor.Then she says a prayer and incantation that Lafayette gave her to say before she read the cards and the she turns over the first card.Her room gets dim and a cool breeze flows through flowing all around her making she shiver.She lights her candles as she forgot to do this prior to laying out the cards and hoped this wouldn’t  impede the reading  .

The first card is the present  - The Magician  - The Magician stands in a garden. On the table before him are symbols of the four suits of Tarot: a cup representing our capacity to feel, dream and imagine; a pentacle symbolizing our basic needs and innate connection with nature; a wand standing for our desire to create and ability to take action; and a sword signifying our ability to be thoughtful and analytical. The power The Magician derives from each of these realms brings all inspirations into fruition. He teaches us to be focused and deliberate in our pursuits, and to make sure that our endeavors give us creative and emotional satisfaction while fulfilling our practical needs.

*She sees this as a good sign and exactly what her present is reflecting*

The second card is the  challenge - The High Priestess –The High Priestess  reigns over the subconscious realm. She guards a body of water, which holds the mysteries of the unknown, our dreams, and forgotten memories. A crescent moon rests at her feet and there is a full moon, like a pearl, set in her crown, offering illumination. The High Priestess reminds us that self-knowledge comes from quiet reflection.

*She sees this as being her struggle all along her whole life *

The third card is the past  - The Emperor – The Emperor is the archetypal father who provides needed order, security, and stability. He is assertive and confident, but the responsibility he has inherited is not always easy. He sits in a mountainous desert donned in armor and a heavy cloak, prepared to fight for his kingdom and authority.

*She was in total awe how spot on this reading has been so far the past was all about her father *

The fourth card is the future – Strength -The woman in the Strength card subdues the lion with a gentle touch. She is not intimidated by the lion′s force and therefore can approach him assertively and with compassion. She inspires us to rely on our inner strength and to face a beast with integrity and tranquility.

*Willa looked at the meaning of her future and she knew exactly who the card was referring to ,Eric *

The fifth card is above - The Wheel -The Wheel charts those momentous occasions that serve as turning points in our lives. Some are predictable‒such as leaving our parents′ home, or turning forty, while others‒a promotion or move‒may be unanticipated. Essentially, the Wheel symbolizes change and encourages us to examine the cycles and patterns in our lives, and to consciously interrupt the revolution when we find ourselves in a rut.

*Well she defiantly knew change was coming but what kind of change and just who was it going to encompass.*

The sixth card is below – Justice reversed  - Injustice-Injustice  Inequality and bias. Separations not yet ratified or legalized. Delay. Imbalance. Confusion surrounding legal or tax affairs. Complicated negotiations. Unfair or delayed judgment.

*Yes she does feel judged wrongly most of the time by her species mainly Eric and Pam *

The seventh card is advice –The Death card - The Death card does not symbolize mortal death, but rather the sense of loss and/or relief that may come when a chapter of one′s life comes to a permanent end. The Death card challenges us to accept that which cannot be changed, and to let go and find release from bitterness, sadness and guilt so that we may more fully enjoy our current relationships and experiences, and so that we can recognize new opportunities.

*Willa realizes now that she does need to let go of her past bitterness and sadness and move forward with her new mission *

The eight card is External influence – The hanged man -The morbid title of The Hanged Man card is incongruent with its image: a man gracefully hanging upside down‒his ankle tied to a tree′s branch, his back supported by the trunk. He wears a serene expression and his head radiates light. The card can symbolize looking at things from a new perspective, going against the norm, being unconventional, or needing to change direction. It can also symbolize the feeling that one′s hands are tied, one is hung up, or a plan is suspended.

*She sees Lafayette has the hanged man ,as a man giving her a new perspective and her as going against the norm *

The ninth card is hope and fears  -The Charioteer - The Charioteer, freshly returned from a victorious battle, is sheltered under a canopy of stars. He wears a star in his crown and a crescent moon on his shoulders. When we feel scattered, he encourages us to choose a direction and confidently channel our energy towards our goals.

*Willa is a bit confused about this one but thinks it means that once she chooses to help Lafayette and takes this digestion in her life it will be for the best to follow this goal *

The tenth card is the outcome – Judgment -In the Judgment card, the sound of the angel′s trumpet is a call to take an honest look at oneself, to atone, make amends, and to seek and give forgiveness in order to start anew.

*She knows what she must do now she must make amends with Eric and Pam before she sets out on this new direction her life will take with Lafayette .She needs to let go of the past and start anew*

After reading her cards she decided to ask for her grandmother to help her with a couple of more questions .With cards in her hand she shuffled them and pulled out a card and laid it on the tables face down .She asked ...)

“Grandmother if I help Lafayette and begin a new life with him being his protector will I find peace ?”

(She lifted the card and read it the card was the sun  - The rays of The Sun are far reaching and radiate warmth and light in all directions. The Sun brings matters into the open, and makes them visible. It symbolizes clarity and enlightenment, exuberance and vitality. She was excited when she read the card it was all good ..)

“Grandmother if I go to Eric and Pam and make peace with them will it make my life less restless?”

(She put another card on the table face down and then turned it over and it was the star card -We make wishes on stars, look to them for direction, and find beauty in their light. The Star card appropriately represents our hopes, enlightenment, and a sense of peace. The woman on The Star card is at ease with herself, unselfconsciously naked as she pours water into the pool and on the bank where she kneels. This symbolizes the freedom that comes with being open. She was in awe the card was like the exact answer she wanted .)

“Grandmother once I go make peace do I tell them what I plan to do with Lafayette that I plan on being his protector ?”

(She put another card out and turned it over it was the devil reversed - True evil. Abuse of authority. Material success is the focus to the exclusion of all other things. Uncontrolled ambition. Greed. Bondage to a person or situation or thing. Emotional blackmail. More severe forms of the above. True evil. She looked at the meaning in her book and thought to herself that would be a for sure no ..)

“Grandmother you have been so very helpful tonight and it was wonderful getting to talk to you …I wish we can talk again ..I love you ..”

(She puts her cards away it was getting to be early in the morning and she needed to get to sleep .She got ready for bed thinking over everything she learned tonight and was just mind blown it was all too much ,but the one thing she knew she needed to do was make amends with Eric and Pam and she had to do that before starting her journey with Lafayette .She climbed into bed with Miss Meow and wondered how she was going to do that ,how in the world was she going to ask for forgivness …)

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:16 am