For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Playing out the game

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Playing out the game Empty Playing out the game

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Quinn sat looking out the window at the predawn sky. He sighed as the shutters closed. He did not know what would happen but he could not risk standing there at sunrise. He walked back to his desk and smiled. At least he could make use of his time. He called up the secure files on his computer, looking up a number. He pulled a disposable phone out of the drawer of his desk and activated it. He called the number he had looked up and waited.

Playing out the game Images10
    "Issac Walker, can I help you?"

"It is time, Paladin. I appreciate you looking after her for so long, but I need you for another service now. Once the fanged family sleeps, you will acquire Compton's new assistant. Take her in a light-tight to the safe house in Shreveport. She is to be restrained as if holding Compton himself. Make certain she is well secured and stripped bare. I want no surprises."

"Is she to be blinded?"

"No, Paladin. I want her to see every moment. Once I am done, it will not matter anyway."

"Understood, Sir. Any other instructions?"

"Ghost. Your accounts will be adjusted to fit your service to me. You have been a great asset and a good friend."

"Understood, Sir. She will be there before sunset as per your instructions."

"Oh, and Paladin, be careful. She is a sneaky one."

Quinn heard Issac chuckle.
    "So am I, Sir. So am I"

Quinn closed the phone, walking to the common room and threw the phone into the fireplace. As he watched it melt and burn, he began going over how he would proceed in his mind...

Playing out the game Firepl10

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:47 am