For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Saturday in Bon Temp

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Saturday in Bon Temp Empty Saturday in Bon Temp

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm

It was Saturday afternoon and Sam was in a good mood. The delivery truck of supplies had come on time, the bar would be closed tomorrow as it always was on Sundays. He'd thought about calling Luna to see if she and Emma wanted to get ice cream or something. It was a decent crowd for lunch and Holly was bustling. The last few weeks had been good, not many waitresses calling in sick, and it wasn't as short handed as before. Sam was anchored behind the bar stocking the beer tub and glass door fridge with True Blood, since there were more vampires in the area. He somewhat thought Sookie had something to do with that fact. He popped the top on the Coors and slid it to the older gentleman to the right of him that sat at the bar.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Saturday in Bon Temp Empty Re: Saturday in Bon Temp

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Today was a very busy day, the Saturday crowd was in. Every table in Merlotte's was full. Holly was in a good mood, feeling very positive today, she was taking an order to table 6 of hamburger, french fries and onion rings and a beer. All tables had been served, and thought decided to take a few minutes to have a break, her feet will throbbing. She saw Sam behind the bar stocking the fridge with beer and more True Blood. Ever since Vampires came out of the coffin, more and more were showing up in Bon Temp, and Holly knew how Sam felt about Vampires in his bar. Holly put her pad and pen in her apron and stood by the bar to talk to Sam, "Hey Sam" she smiled.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 pm

He turned to face her and grinned. Running a hand through his tousled hair. -Hey, Holly. How's your day goin'? Need a refill of beer?- He asked as he pointed to the empty pitcher on the bar. Holly was a good waitress, and a nice woman. Andy had taken interest in her and he could see why. She was caring and nurturing and didn't cause trouble. Which said a lot about Merlotte's waitresses. Since all of em' came with some kind of trouble or another.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Holly smiles at Sam, "No thanks Sam, just an empty from table 4" She sat on one of the bar stools at the end of the bar. Holly admired Sam, had his own successful business, was a gentle kind, good looking man. He had everything going for him. "And its been very good, everyone is served, thought I might take a few minute break" Holly loved this job, she had a waitress before many times, but working for Sam had been her best. That's what she loved about Sam, he is very understanding.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Sam smiled and nodded. -Feel free. It's Saturday after all, no sense in working yourself to death.- He grabbed the empty pitcher off the bar and put it below the bar where the others were in a dirty pitcher tub. Terry was cooking up a storm and it smelled delicious. He grabbed the damp cloth and wiped down the bar top. He looked back to her after a thought struck him. -Hey, how would you like Monday off? Memorial Day?- If no one needed or wanted the extra hours, he was thinking about leaving it closed on Monday as well. Maybe he could take his favorite girls camping for two days. The thought of having Luna in the woods with him again brought a smile to his face.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Holly Cleary ‎"Thanks Sam, your the best, i got some stuff planned with my boys" Holly was taking her boys out for the day, it had been a while since she had spent the whole day with them. And she could really do with the extra day off, to take her mind of things that sometimes kept her awake at night. She prayed to the goddess every night to keep her, her boys and friends safe. And she figured that Sam maybe had some plans with Luna. "So how are things Sam?" she smiled.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 3:21 pm

He kept working on things behind the bar, to prep for the night crew. He cut fresh lemons and limes with precision as he spoke to her his eyes on his task. -Awe, you're welcome darlin'. Things are real good. Funny actually, feel like the floor with fall through at any moment.- He chuckled. When things got good for him, something would crumble his world around him. Now, he was fighting back for what he wanted and not standing around letting someone come in between it. He'd done that too long in his life. Tommy was gone now, and he had no remaining family. So Luna and Emma were his family, and he'd protect them at all costs.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Holly folder her arms and leaned across the bar watching Sam, cut lemons and limes. "Why do you say that Sam? Your a good man, you deserve happiness and all the positiveness that you can get" she smiled at him. Sam deserved everything good that this world can give, he was a friend to all. There are some wiccan's who would cast a spell for this, but i believed that all you needed was a good heart and positive thinking. I would pray to the goddess for Sam tonight.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Sam shook his head as he continued to slice the lemons and limes. -Well, you know...when good things start happening shit hits the fan and brings it all to hell.- He knew he should look to the positive, but after things like that happening time and time again, he was used to it. He picked up the fruits and placed them in their right containers and sealed them. He slid them into the mini-fridge under the bar. Someone entered the door as he stood and he smiled towards Holly. Nodding his head toward the door, he waited for her to go talk to Andy. He was on duty, and came in for lunch...and probably to see Holly.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Holly listened to Sam say about how things would good really good for him and things would turn sour. But she prayed things would go differently for him this time. She had heard him talk about Luna and her daughter Emma, she had yet to meet them, but she knew she would like them. "Well I hope things go differently for you this time Sam, I can see a lot of good things coming your way Sam. Trust me hunny" She then heard the door to Merlotte's open and saw Sam smile in that direction. She turned her head and saw Andy Bellefleur walk in. He must have come in for her usual lunch. He saw Holly at the bar and smiled and nodded at her, they walked to the nearest available booth, which just happened too be in Holly's section. Andy took his seat facing the bar and Holly. She smiled at him, he was a gentle man, he was funny and kind, a real gentlemen.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 3:56 pm

He watched Holly light up. Andy had a tint of color in his cheeks as he blushed when she returned his smile. Sam grabbed the beer mug and pulled the keg lever down to fill it with tap beer. He handed it to the male at the bar, a trucker and grabbed the money he'd set on the table. He turned to the register and grabbed the man's change. He went to hand it to him and the man waved his hand to gesture it was a tip. He nodded and said thanks and slid the money in the waitress tip jar. Sam didn't need tips, his workers deserved it. Seeing Holly make her way over to finish her tables, he turned to head to the store room for more ice.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Sam was serving a trucker at the bar, when Holly made her way over to Andy, she could see him get very nervous and grin at her. She stood at the end of the table to talk to him "Hi there Sheriff Bellefleur, what can i getcha today? The usual?" she smiled at him. Andy became very fidgety with his hands. He continued to stare at her with that gentle smile of his. He gave a loud cough to clear his throat. ~Its just Andy Ma'am~ he smiled nervously at her. "Andy ... now don't give me that ma'am stuff, just call me Holly hunny" she smiled at him. He was beginning to form a light sheet of sweat on his forehead, he used his hand to wipe his face. ~How are you today ... Holly?~ a smile forming on his face. "Good, busy today, you?" she smiled back at him. ~ Good. Jason still on duty, thought I would come in here for lunch~ he chuckled nervously. "Honey, you have becoming here for lunch since I started" she laughed with him. ~ Guess I have~ he grinned at her. "So can i get you your usual? Burger, french fries and onion rings and a coke?" she took out her pad and pen from her apron. ~Yes. Thank you~ he replied. "Shouldn't take too long, I will go get you your beer" she smiled at him one last time before heading to the kitchen to give Terry the order for Andy. She told Terry the order for Andy, and he told her he would be about 10 minutes with that. Holly thanked him and headed to the bar to the bar to give Sam, Andy's drink order.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat May 26, 2012 4:29 pm

He came from the back carrying an ice tub, his muscles bulging under his short sleeve shirt. He poured more ice in the tubs and set the empty ice tub against the bar. He wiped his hands on the damp rag and looked at Holly as she came closer. She requested a bud for Andy. He bent to grab one and popped the top handing her the bottle. -Here ya are.-
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Holly took the bud from Sam "Thanks Sam" she smiled at him before heading back to Andy. She placed the bud in front of him and smiled. "Here you go Andy" she smiled sweetly at him. ~Thank you Ma'am .... I mean Holly" he nervously spoke back to her. She thought Andy was a very sweet guy, he made her laugh which is something a guy hasn't done for a long time. The last time she was this happy was when she met her husband, that was until everything went wrong. Now she was divorced looking after her 2 boys, their father only saw them when ever he felt like it, and that wasn't very often. Still her boys were her world. The bar was beginning to get quiet, so Holly figured she would sit down and talk to Andy until his order came. "So Andy .... Hows things?" .... ~Alright I guess, town is quiet, working with Bill Compton ... Vampires!~ he groaned. "That's good, Haven't seen Bill in here for a while" she smiled back at him. ~Damm Vampires! They should have stayed in the coffin, now there is more deaths and killin's than ever ... Its that Sookie Stackhouse that brought the Vampires into this town!" he said angrily. "Now enough of that Andy Bellefluer! Sookie did not bring those vampires to Bon Temps, and Sookie is a good decent girl. You shouldn't be going round saying things like that" Holly chipped in at Andy.
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Sat May 26, 2012 5:17 pm

"Sookie is a good decent girl, who fell in love with a vampire, you can't help who you fall in love with" she said softly to him. ~No. No I guess you can't~. Holly heard Terry call up her order, she got up and headed to the kitchen to grab Andy's order. She came back to his table with his lunch and placed it in front of him. "Burger, french fries and onion rings" she smiled at him. ~Thank you~ he grinned at her. She turned to walk away from him, but stopped herself "Oh and lunch is on me hunny" she winked at him. ~I can't let you do that~ he replied. ~Yes you can, now enjoy your lunch" she smiled at him and headed to another table to take another order. Andy watched her walk away, he saddened slightly, Holly was a beautiful woman, looked like an angel, a sweet smile and a heart of gold. She made him happy. He began picking at his french fries with a smile, and a gentle whisper of the angel's name on his lips ~Holly~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:10 pm