For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Can a Vampire Heart Break?

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Can a Vampire Heart Break? Empty Can a Vampire Heart Break?

Post by Bill Compton Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm

~Are you going too see Sookie?~ Jessica had asked me. She had never left my mind since the moment i last saw her. I could still picture her vividly in my mind. Part of me knew that i should leave her be as she had told both myself and Eric (in so many words) She had declared her love for me and i for her, and had forgiven me for my past betrayals when I could not myself. I had left Jessica to own her night, she was still so young and had so much more of life to experience, too see the wonders of the world, the good, bad and the ugly.

I had just closed the main doors to my home, i inhaled the night air, i could sense and smell that Sookie was close, she was at home. Her home was mere meters away from my own across the Bon Temps cemetery. I walked down the stairs across the damp grass in front of my home until i met the cemetery gates.

The was a gentle breeze in the air, the coolness of the night air tingled my skin. I walked a long the dirt track that that so many more had walked along, so many memories of this place brought back my painful past.

I stopped at an old grave, the headstone had been worn away from many many years of weathering, it was the grave of my human wife. Caroline.

I remember back to a time when there was war....I had left my wife and children to go to defend my country, i had taken refuge in a little old cottage with a woman who had taken pity on me as I made my way home to my family, little did i know that, that same day my human life had ended, and i was made vampire. And ... and the woman i came to know was Lorena....my Maker.

The breeze had picked up once again, as leaves and the gentle dust that lay on the ground swirled around me and i caught the scent of an animal.....a wolf.

I raced across the remaining way to Sookie's house, there was a very strong distinct smell of alcohol in the air. I could sense that Sookie was in no danger so i stopped just by her porch. I stood there and listened to her (vampire senses had its uses).

I was there mere moments when i felt another presence beside me. Eric. Sookie had come into view through her window, she was straddling the wolf's waist, from the way she was acting, she was clearly and very intoxicated.

She kissed him. The moment my undead heart felt it would explode. The love of my life was with another man. I felt as though my eyes would burn from the sight. A part of me wanted too believe that it was the mere intoxication that she would do this. And another part of me knew that she would.....had wanted Alcide.

It was still unbearable....and i turned to Eric, and with no words spoken....i knew in that moment that if there was one man who could feel what i was feeling....it was him. In that moment i knew with Eric's time with Sookie, he had come to care for her.

In that moment i knew he loved her. The woman we both loved, who loved us both....had rejected us, and had certainly given her love too another man....a wolf.

That is a moment i would want too forget, but as perfect as a vampire memory is .... this moment would live with me for the rest of my existence.....or until i meet the True Death...........

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:26 pm