For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Nice Touch, My friend

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Nice Touch, My friend Empty Nice Touch, My friend

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Pam sat at her desk, speeding through receipts as Tara sat across from her on her break rambling on and on about her pathetic human life. Half listening to her, she continued on with very little facial expression. A knock at the door, didn't stop her calculating. Violet came in with a sealed brown envelope addressed to 'Pamela Swynford De Beaufort' in fine writing. She looked up and took the envelope as Tara stopped talking. She eyed Tara. "Isn't your break over?" Tara made a face and headed out to the bar for more dancing. She ran a nail along the seal to break it and began to read the letter. It had the Authority Emblem and a B for the stationary mark. Nice Touch, My friend Pamlet10
    [Pam,
    If you are getting this letter, then the man you knew as Alastair has met his true death. Your holdings are your own. There was duplicity to Alastair, but not the one you suspected. Yes, he had ties with the Authority, but if you had asked him he would have revealed those ties to you. If you look at the edge of your desk, you will find a small black square, and another at the corner of your Maker’s painting. These are not active and have not been such for some time. They were placed before he knew you. For this Alastair was sorry. He never had the time to remove them himself…or explore other options.
    The funds are real, and secure. They were from private funds with no ties to anyone except Alastair. Use them to make Fangtasia as amazing as your dreams for it are. Only one small thing is requested. Shed no tears for the passing of Alastair. He was given no choice in his becoming a vampire and welcomes sweet oblivion. To use the human phrase, do not cut off your nose to spite your face. The funds were given with no strings attached. This will remain so.
    With this brief touch of information, we close this letter. I say we because there were two men you knew, and I think you were aware of that. One was the Alastair you knew and one was the dark secret that you worried over. That secret will be revealed in the closing of this letter. We wish you only the best of luck in future endeavors.

Respectfully and Sincerely Yours,
    Alastair Van Browne
    known to some as Dieter Braun]

She smiled and looked into space, remembering the man who had visited her just a few weeks ago. Her silent partner. The Authority....her thoughts went to Eric and if he was okay or if he was to blame in this Dieter man death. She felt a ping of sadness for the man. She did find him intriguing and so enjoyed their games of cat and mouse. She stood and went to the locations he specified finding exactly what he said she would. She shook her head. "Clever man. Not so clever now I suppose." She cupped the small devices in her hand and sighed. Making her way to her desk, she opened the drawer and dropped them in. A little reminder maybe? Devices that may come in handy in the future? Hard to tell, but Pam felt a sense of wonder as to how he died and the reason behind it. Was it because the Authority found out about his secret funding? So many questions she had, and they would never be answered. She sat back down and leaned back in her chair, remembering some of their chats. "Benjamin...Leeder. B. Leeder." She said aloud then wrote the name down, looked at it and laughed. Of coarse...."Bleeder" Nice touch, she thought. Nice touch, my friend.

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:55 pm