For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Thanks for the memories

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Thanks for the memories Empty Thanks for the memories

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 am

~Thanksgiving 1999~

She couldn't contain her excitement. Even as she helped her mom make the last pie for the thanksgiving dinner her mind was just pinned to the door. Thanksgiving was the day her father always came home early. Despite living out of the way they always made a huge dinner for themselves and for the other rogue weres out here. Packs were not heard of out here, but still the desire to be a community was strong among all weres. Her father being the protective alpha couldn't turn out anyone in need and through the years he’d amassed loyal friends. Wolves, panthers, you named it they were here and this thanksgiving would be no different.

Thanks for the memories Dr8ncx

Kiara didn't mind. She loved her extended family. They were kind and they made even her worse day bright. Not to mention nearly all the males were cops like her father and there was no more loyal family than a cop family. Her mother chuckled. “Come now baby, help me set the table. Your father will be home any minute” she said. Kiara nodded and took yet another pie to the table. Their whole living room was now a giant table, complete with two turkeys, mountains of mashed potatoes, pies, veggies, hams and all manner of trimmings. They expected a huge turnout this year.

Soon there was a knock on the door. Like a torpedo Kiara bolted and opened the door before her father could even begin fishing his keys out of his pocket.

Thanks for the memories Mlykg

“Hey! My favorite munchkin!” he said as she flung herself to his arms. He picked her up and spun her around. She loved her father. He always smelled like a campfire and aftershave and he smelled even nicer today. She giggled and looked at him, dressed in a suit. “Court?” she asked. He nodded as he stepped inside where his wife was wiping her hands on her apron. “Hey babe” he said as he kissed his wife. She looked at him and the look of pure heat in her eyes said that if they weren't about to entertain, she’d take him upstairs and show him a real thanksgiving. Kiara giggled and rolled her eyes at her parents. They were such teenagers when it came to being in love. “Come on guys, can we wait until I’m asleep?” she said. Her father chuckled and set her down. “Munchkin is right…besides, we’re about to have company” he said. Her mother nodded “you’re right, but you really should warn me when you dress like that” she said, licking her lips. He let out a low growl and walked up to her. “Well… I’m sure you’ll enjoy taking the outfit off” he said.

Kiara covered her eyes and ran away “you two are so gross” she squealed. Both parents laughed and went to the living room. Dinner was soon to be served and it promised to be a good party.

~Present day~
    Kiara opened her eyes and couldn’t help but smile. In a day where people were being thankful for everything she was one who had little to be grateful for, but one thing she always treasured was her memories of her parents. They made her life wonderful and showed her what it really is like to have love.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:48 pm