For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Girls night out & shopping road trip

Girls night out & shopping road trip Empty Girls night out & shopping road trip

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:44 pm

I had gotten a text message from Yvetta last night asking if I wanted to take a trip to New Orleans to do some shopping. I jumped at the chance since I had not been to the Big Easy yet and I still needed to get some things for my apartment. So I locked up my place and headed down to Yvetta's place to head out. I had my camera around my neck like a tourist but I had to get pics while I was there.
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Girls night out & shopping road trip Empty Re: Girls night out & shopping road trip

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 pm

*Pulls into the parking garage at the shopping center NE of the french quarter, the drive down went quickly since is was early in the week. I enjoy spending time with Rita, she has a calm peaceful energy, she's excited about the trip to the Vieux Carre. I pull into a great parking space. Thanks to the parking Goddess. I look over at Rita as she exits the car, I say over the roof to her.*

I called ahead they have my shoes at the counter at Saks, is there any place that strikes your fancy to see?

http://media.alexandermcqueen.com/images/514x616/288684_WA020_1000_A_514x616.jpg

Girls night out & shopping road trip Empty Re: Girls night out & shopping road trip

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm

I knew it might sound weird, but I could not help myself I said with little conceald excitement"Marie Laveau House of Voodoo. I just have to see that and I heard of a bar called Sanctuary but we can hold off on that till the end of the night. Otherwise I up for just about anything*
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm

*I smile at Rita and say* Marie's house it is then. Around the corner is the Voodoo Museum, you cannot miss it on a trip to NOLA. We can stop by Sanctuary on Ursulines I have to stop by the Triple B and pick up my tool bag its 5 blocks from there, they have great food and usually a good band. Did you want to stop by the Cafe Du Monde?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm

wow I was in total heaven because I loved all stuff supernatural even before I found out about my Fae heritage. I had my shields in place so I was only getting traces of the rest of the tourists. When we walked into the Voodoo shop gave me a weird look and asked if I was looking for my brethren. Maybe she was magical herself and could sense my otherness , but I just smiled and told her I was just browsing. Since my Fairy granddad told me to be cautious around fae I did not know I was going to acknowledge to a complete stranger what I was.
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm

*I love how people watch Rita where ever she goes. I am used to people staring but not only to they stare at her they follow her. I grab a couple bags of herbs at the voodoo store that I burn in my cauldron as incense.*

Rita if she wanted to stroll up Bourbon Street towards the Triple B. We can cut back across Royal towards Ursulines to Sanctuary, they have really good food.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

*I nod to Yvetta and follow her out of the store. The lady kept watch on me like I was a shop lifter, so I did purchase some sage to do a cleansing on my apartment.I told yvetta "you lead the way" as we exited the store and turned up the street I noticed a beautiful old building with plants climbing up the intricate trellis along the upper floor. I thought I saw a shadow, but it must have been just a flash from the lights. I paused a moments and took a picture and caught up as Yvetta was stopping to look in a shop window. I wondered if the antique store would deliver if I found something that did not send off too many vibes from the previous owners*
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:52 pm

*I noticed Rita looking in the antique store window I stopped to look at a mirror that would look good by my door in the entryway. I motioned for her to follow me in, she is like me need to stuff to furnish her place.*

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:02 pm

*as we entered the store I saw a beautiful cabinet that would go with the office furniture I'd already bought. I asked the male clerk if I could inspect it just so I could get a feel from it. He said of course and I opened it trying not to make him to nervous about me touching it too much. Whoever had owned it previously must not have used it much because I wasn't getting a lot of emotions off it. I haggled on the price and gave the clerk my address and credit card . He said it could be delivered on Friday and I said as long as it was before 6pm that would be great.*Girls night out & shopping road trip 9ae4aa11
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:07 pm

*I purchased the mirror in the window as Rita purchased the cabinet, they will deliver them. I didn't really see anything else that caught my eye. I looked at Rita and we headed out to the street walking towards the Triple B.*

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 pm

*I was happy with my purchase and followed Yvetta to the Triple B. I was wondering if Yvetta was putting up shelves in her place when she said she had to get some hardware. When entered the store I realized she was talking about a whole different hardware then what I was thinking about.*
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:47 pm

*When we got to the Triple B I rang the bell for either Bubba or Mark to open the door. The door clicked open, Rita and I stepped in. I walked up to the back counter under a oil painting of a woman with a bullet in her forehead underneath it a really tall gentleman with dark hair I asked if he was Bubba, he answered he was I told him I was a friend of Nick, and reminded him that I spoke to him on the phone about picking up some tools.

He smiled and said you are the go go girl Nick spoke of. I smiled and said I was a dancer at Fangtasia until recently. He laughed and asked why I needed a silver plated .380, 2 silver tipped stiletto knives, and a dozen ka bar knives. I stared at him for a long moment trying to decide if I should tell him the truth or bull shit him. I went for the bullshit. I smiled and said you don't quit on vampires and live very long. A girl needs hardware to keep her safe.

He smiled and yelled for someone named Mark. I much smaller guy walks out of the door to the right and says to Bubba what the hell do you want, then he sees Rita and I standing there and his face flushes and begs pardon for the language. I smile at Mark telling him I wasn't offended. I look towards Rita and she's looking at a counter of computer equiptment. Bubba tells Mark I am here to pick up a duffle bag full of hardware, and to get it out of the back, he then looks at me asking if I would need silver bullets and practice rounds. I smile yes several boxes of each. He reaches under the counter bringing out 6 boxes of bullets.

At that point Mark comes out with a military duffle bag that looked stuffed he lays it on the counter in front of Bubba who starts to unpack the boxes in the bag. I looked at all the boxes amazed at how many there were. Mark opens a wooden box with a brass clasp, inside is a silver clad Colt .380 with a extra clip. Bubba explains that silver clad handguns are hard to come by this one was made in 1928, but is in good working order and it has a new firing pin and is cleaned ready to be used. I smile and thank him for the information. He starts opening all the other boxes showing me the knives and stiletto knives.

I reach into my handbag pulling out a envelope stuffed with money. I hand him the envelope. He stuffs it into the bib of his overalls. I asked him aren't you going to count it. He replies Nick doesn't send thieves here and he trusts Nick's taste in friends. He starts to repack the duffle bag and helps me carry it to the door. I thank him once again.

Rita and I head towards Sanctuary. Rita looks at the bag and me I could tell she wonders what is going on. *

Rita you know I quit Fangtasia that much is true, what I told Bubba in there wasn't. I am in a relationship with a vampire. I really can't say much more than that, being with a human is a liability for a vampire. I don't want that to compromise things between us. Can you understand that?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 pm

*I waved & Winked at the guys as we left the store and was pleased when I saw them blush a little. I could tell the shorter guy was checking me out, so it gave me a happy feeling to be able to make someone else red when I was use to being the one flood light red when you are surrounded by vamps. as I took in what Yvetta was saying I started to have my doubts about working around people who craved my blood, but I did have a little trick up my sleeve that my grand dad tought me to use only in life or death situations. when he learned about my ex's attack on me he showed me how to sift places if I was every in danger again. I could only go small spaces and it used a lot of energy for someone with my amount of Fae blood.* Well sweetie if you every need a safe place I have not invited any vamps in my place so we could at least hunker down until we could get the calvary in.
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm

*I smiled at Rita's invite of hunkering down at her place. She has to be the sweetest person I have ever met. As we neared Sanctuary the amount of people increased and I made sure my handbag was in front of me and had a tight grip on the duffle bag. I watched to see if anyone followed us. I didn't see anyone too obvious near us. I keep watch if someone walked too near. This part of the quarter isn't too safe. I mention to Rita we should be there shortly.*

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm

*I watched as we entered the bar after getting carded, that made me feel good but I got the feeling I always got around the neighbor and Sam at merlotees, it was not really emotions but a general growling. I had heard some talk at Fangtasia about weres so maybe I was meeting another species and hopefully my emotion meter wouldn't be affected as much with humans. the guy at the door was adorable and after we got our drinks from the bar I saw what must be his twin working behind the bar. Wow there was defiantly something supe about this bar or they just had the best looking people in the world work here
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm

* I watched Rita look at the men who work here at the bar. I had been in a couple times and know some of the family by sight and it looks like the Peltier Quads were working tonight. I lean over to Rita and say*

Watch the upstairs area from time to time, it will be totally empty then there will be people standing there. The first time I saw that I thought my imagination was running away with me. There's more going on here than they let on. That is all I am allowed to say, maybe you can figure it out. * I wink at her*

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 pm

yep absolutle animal growls in varying degrees but they just keep working and I caught a couplke guys take long breaths as we went further in bar. I spotte an empty table and grabb Yveeta to it
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 pm

* We sit down at a table I lean in to Rita so she can hear me over the noise and the music blaring from the jukebox.*

They have good food here if you are hungry, but if we hear Lynyrd Skynrd we need to hit the door and fast got that?

* I look around to read body language to see if there's going to be any trouble. I can't see any tension or smell anything out of the ordinary.*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

*as I tried to relax and enjoy the atmosphere I keep getting the feeling I was being watched. Like someone was trying to figure out what I was. I scanned the room and dropped my shields a little to try and distinguish the humans from the others. There were quite a few humans, the others I was not sure of because I was not getting the vampire vibe but something very similiar to it* You know anyone from here Yvetta?
    *maybe she could tell me what they were later because I did not want to draw to much attention to us by asking to many questions where I knew other beings had better hearing then I did. I knew that the Fae generally kept a low profile to where most beings thought we were extinct , so I wondered if anyone I told about my fae blood would just assume that I'd spout wings and take off.*
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 pm

*I could see Rita was trying to figure things out. When she asked if I knew anyone here I smiled and whispered to her*

No one I know is here tonight but the vampire vibe you are getting is called a Dark Hunter, they are warriors for the Goddess Artemis. The were vibe you are feeling is were bears, I can't quite figure out how many types of weres there are but tons. This is one of the many safe houses they have. When I came back to Fangtasia I had been living in New Orleans, I was working for a law firm down here. I stayed late finishing some briefs for one of the lawyers I cut through some areas no one should go and attracted the attention of some spathi diamons. They are a cousin to vampires who live on human souls besides blood. The Dark Hunters take these diamons out. I met Nick whos a DH that night he and Kyrian Hunter saved me. They wanted to erase my memory I begged them not to. I have never spoke of this before. They try not to attract attention of humans in general. Diamons smell like rotten meat. so if you get that smell tonight please tell me and I will try to take them out.

* I look at Rita trying to gauge her reaction to what I had just said. I see her processing the information.*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:43 pm

Ok then who am I to say different about other beings. Artemis, Greek Parthenon right? So there are were's out there, I'm not going crazy when I feel people growling instead of emotions.
    *I started think about all the possibilites about what was going bump in the night or day for that matter? I wondered for that matter just where on the food chain my Fae blood put me with all these different creatures, since my absent grandfather didn't bother to give me the 411 because although Fae's had very little population seemed to think them superior. But didn't all beings think they were superior until they got knocked down by someone else bigger and stronger*
    I started looking around the bar with new eyes.
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:48 pm

*I sigh glad that Rita took my speech well. I lean in again and tell her.*

Everything you think is mythology isn't, yeah yeah I know it's might be extinct but it was here at one time. It took a long while to wrap my head around that one. Rita can you see peoples auras?

* I wonder if Rita has a touch of Rom and seeing the same things I do.*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 pm

*not real comfortable with talking about my "talents" but trusting Yvetta not to go telling anyone else* No not auras .I get peoples feeling and emotions so if you were to say you were happy but really angry I'd get the real feeling if I let me shields down enough, but I try to keep them up most times so I don't get overloaded
    Yvetta
    Yvetta

Post by Yvetta Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm

* I smile as Rita told me she was a empath, that's the hardest of all the gifts to have. I catch a whiff of something I look around for a daimon I don't immediately make them out. I see them by the door looking for someone to take down.*

Rita remember what I just told you about diamons? There's a female one at seven o'clock. When we leave if she follows, we will have to take her out. Can you do that? Can you stab something to death and be okay with it? If not I will call a cab and we can take it back to the mall. I am okay with either.

*I watch Rita to see how she reacts to my news of taking out the diamon. They would hurt a child or a unknowing human. I for one can't have that*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:27 pm

*crap I know I should carry something to arm myself especially after being attacked by someone who was suppose to love me, but I just had not gotten around to it. Procrastination is my middle name. I look over my shoulder at the woman Yvetta mentioned and felt pure malice. So they were not the same as vamps and I could sense some kind of emotion off them.* Hey I'm all for self preservation because I am my favorite person.
    *I laugh to relieve the tension that is pouring into me.* let's take out some trash if we need to

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:03 pm