For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

In For the Night

John Quinn
    John Quinn

In For the Night Empty In For the Night

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Quinn smiled, watching her curled up in the seat next to him. He pulled off to the side of the road for a moment and pulls out his phone and sends a text to Bill's cellphone...

Bill...Found Jessica dancing in Fangtasia...I have her with me...too late to make it back tonight....going to EEE Secure room until tomorrow sunset. Will text when we are on our way back...

He puts the phone away and pulls back on the road, turning down the main strip toward his suite at the Marriott Hotel. He smiled again, watching her curled up against the seat in a half sleep.

He whispers softly to her,

"Your wish is granted, Jessica. We will not return to the Estate tonight. I am taking you somewhere safe..."
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

In For the Night Empty Re: In For the Night

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I smiled at him as I laid back in the seat and watched as he drove away again. Seeing him fumble with his phone, I knew he must have been messaging Bill. I just couldn't bring myself to face him right now. I was somewhat embarrassed about dancing at Fangtasia but felt a bit better to get it out of my system.

Once we arrived at the hotel I looked over at him and smiled. "Thank you for respecting my wishes."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm

As Quinn pulled into the hotel garage, the attendant walked out to greet him...

"There is a chill case in the trunk, I need it brought to my suite immediately. The power cell is probably low, so plug it in when you get it there. Just sit it on top of the mini-fridge..."

"Of course Sir" ~the attendant runs to the back of the car, removing the large white chest and heading for the elevator as Quinn moves around to the passenger side of the car and opens the door.

"Can you walk, Jessica, or should I carry you some more?"

He flashed a smile to her...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm

The whole way to the Marriot I thought about the last few days. Talking to Pam, to Sookie and even the couple in the park. He concentrated while he drove with his "serious" face. I could pin point every line in his face, every curve of his muscles. So much time I had to think about things, and now I was beginning to piece it all together. Slowly...but somewhat in a reasonable way. Seeing him watch me dance tonight made me more confident. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard him ask if he needed to carry me in I smiled and bit my lip before saying, "Only if you want to."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Quinn smiled as he scooped her into his arms, kicking the door shut.

"Always, Jessica...."

He leaned in, kissing her softly....

"I have a secure room here...we will be safe from the sun there..."

He started to walk toward the elevator where the attendant was waiting with the white case.

"This place is always set aside in case I have been for it..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Feeling so secure in his arms like he'd never let anything bad happen to me, I was in heaven. Wrapping my arms around his neck as he carried me with little effort showing how extremely fit he was as he walked to the room. The thought of him and I in a room alone together made me get what felt like butterflies. My dream from the previous night came into my mind as I smiled and chuckled to myself. Once we were in the room I cleared my throat and looked up at him. "Tonight was....I was....I mean...." Trying to think of how to explain the events of tonight were more difficult than I thought.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Laying her out on the couch, he smiled and put a finger to her lips.

"shh...don't even worry, Jessica. You are here and safe..."

He smiled and turned to the white case the attendant had brought up. Opening it, he pulled out a small cylinder container, and dropped it into a device on the counter...humming a song, he moved over to get a goblet from the cabinet and waited for the blood to warm...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_S18c1H-8

He smiled over to Jessica, as he motioned to the blanket rolled and placed at the foot of the couch. "In case you want to get more comfortable..."

I listened to him humming in the deep bass voice he had as I smiled and stood, making my way over to him. Placing a hand on his shoulder as my other hand reached for his, looking up into his eyes, the color of pansies. "Dance with me?" I still felt a tad dizzy and a little tired even considering the sun wouldn't rise for a few more hours at least. My hand on his shoulder sliding to the back of his neck as my fingers softly caressed him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Quinn felt her touch, and smiled. He set the goblet down and lifted the warmer, pouring the crimson elixir into the goblet. He turned and handed the goblet to her, chuckling...

"Drink this and we can think about it..."

Never looking away from his eyes as I took the goblet and placed the cup to my lips, tilting my head back and draining the contents. Handing him the cup back as my hands went behind my back. I must have left my over sized plaid shirt at the bar. Turning around and looking at the room, going to the far wall and tracing the frame of a piece of art work that hung. I looked down and asked, "Is Bill....upset?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Quinn smiled as he looked into her eyes, watching as she drank the blood.

"Surprisingly, no....we actually had quite a long talk after he tricked me onto the Estate using your cell phone...."

He took the goblet from her gently smiling...

"More blood? No live donor tonight...it is either this or Trublood."

He watched her for reaction to his statements...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 pm

I continued to make my way around the room before resting my back against the wall across from him. I shook my head, "I'm....not hungry. I uh...I've fed already." Looking down and nervously moving my hair from my face by running my fingers through it. I thought about what he said with Bill tricking him. Shaking my head, "That doesn't surprise me he'd trick you. I forgot my phone. We had a fight and I just...I just....left. I needed time to think. Time to....evaluate."

Looking back up to him with an almost saddened expression. "I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. But I'm hoping soon things will begin to make sense." I could still taste his blood on my lips. Touching them as I stared into space.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Quinn chuckled at her comment about already having eaten.

"It was my own fault...I don't think I fully believed you were sending the text, but since I wanted to talk to him anyway...."

Quinn smiled to her, nodding in understanding....

"Sometimes we need to have time to think....though the choice of action might have been poorly timed, with Victor on the loose and all..."

Quinn pulled her close, smiling as he looked deeply into her eyes...

"I am more than happy to be patient, My sweet Jessica...and to be here for you when you need me to be while you sort things out."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 pm

The things I'd talked to Sookie about earlier came flooding back to my mind as I looked into his eyes. Jason had already gave up on me...on us. Quinn was willing to wait however long I needed. "You really will fight for me won't you?" Images of the couple I watched in the park came back to the surface. Did he look at me like the man looked at his Fiance' with such love, such...passion? Did his kisses linger like that too? When I was around him I couldn't help but smile. When his arms were around me I couldn't help but feel...together. He held me together, if not I'd fall apart at the seams. Smelling his scent so close to me was almost as intoxicating as ingesting his blood. Keeping my calm and focus on his eyes and how they looked deep into my soul so I wouldn't lose control.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Quinn heard her question and smiled softly...then answered without hesitation...

"With every breath..every drop of blood...every thought...and I will never stop..."

He wrapped her gently in his arms, holding her close and just enjoyed the close contact of her body against his own. They had a bond that neither fully understood, but he was beginning to understand some of it. They could be themselves, with no concerns about judgement or risk...
    There was so much more, but that was to be learned together...in time...

"I do not know how to explain things...how I feel...how you make me feel...how I feel when I am with you....how it felt when you were lost....I wish I could find the words I want to say..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 pm

My head against his chest as I listened to his heart beat while he spoke. My arms wrapped around his body as he held me to him. He vowed to never stop fighting for me....for us? He smelled so good, and his blood...the pumping of his heart as it thumped louder in my ears. I wasn't hungry, but his blood was beckoning me. The feel of his hands on my back....my dream of him in Bill's office. Fangs dropped into place as I pulled away from him and threw myself against the wall. "I had your blood!" I admitted as I covered my mouth looking horrified at him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Quinn pulled her hands away from her face and smiled. Her fangs showing, he looked in her eyes...and showed her there was no fear or concern.

"Jessica....you make me believe I can be more of the man I want to be...that I can make the change I have been struggling to make. You are what inspires me to try harder..."

He continued to look in her eyes a he spoke...

"I figured that was the cause of tonight's entertainment....the vial Pamela had in her possession....from a long time ago...I had almost forgotten she had it..."

He caressed her cheek, letting her feel that he was not worried about her fangs....

"I am going to try to put into words what I am feeling right now...it may seem a little clumsy but I am going to try...."

He took her hands in his own and looked once again into her eyes...

"When I found out you were missing, it was like someone had ripped a piece of me away and hidden it somewhere. There was no question if I would seek you out. It all came down to one simple fact.....You Complete Me...."

He let her hands go and walked to the balcony, looking out at the stars.

"Jessica...I care about you...that feeling goes deeper than I even knew it could. I know that you are confused, and you are maybe even scared of what could be....know this..I am too. I put on a strong front, but we are more alike than you can know..."

He gripped the railings and looked out over the city, and gambled all.....

"All I want to know is how you feel about me. If words fail, then do not use them. If actions fail, let your soul speak for you...I am willing to wait until the stars fall for you. I just want to know if you feel as I do..."

He took a breath and waited for her to respond...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Feeling him so relaxed around my fangs and the disregard he showed that I'd had his blood made me relax. Closing my eyes and putting my fangs away as his hand touched my cheek. My eyes slowly opened as I listened to him speak to me.

"When I found out you were missing, it was like someone had ripped a piece of me away and hidden it somewhere. There was no question if I would seek you out. It all came down to one simple fact.....You Complete Me...."

I gasped at his words that I completed him. Watching him walk out onto the balcony as I turned and listened to every word he spoke.

"Jessica...I care about you...that feeling goes deeper than I even knew it could. I know that you are confused, and you are maybe even scared of what could be....know this..I am too. I put on a strong front, but we are more alike than you can know..."

He paused for a moment before I saw his muscles tense while he gripped the railing and looked out over the city.

"All I want to know is how you feel about me. If words fail, then do not use them. If actions fail, let your soul speak for you...I am willing to wait until the stars fall for you. I just want to know if you feel as I do..."

I stood there feeling like I couldn't breathe, funny thing for a vampire to feel-but I did. My mouth slightly dropped as I gaped at his question. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath in before slowly walking onto the balcony standing right behind him. It was silent for a while as I tried to gather the words to speak. My mouth felt dry, my body seemed to tremble.

"I...do care for you Quinn. I..." Sighing as I closed my eyes, unable to find the words. Opening my eyes and looking up into the stars. Emotions running a mile a second as I fought to put it all together. There was still uncertainty. Still questions, still...fear.

"You came into my life for a reason. You....we...have this...this connection that doesn't make any sense. From the..." I stopped and walked over to him as I pulled on his arm to face me. Looking at his chest and placing my hand above his heart to feel it beat as I looked up into his eyes. "From the moment I met you, I've been drawn to you. I still don't understand what I'm feeling. But I know I care for you deeply. Whether this is....love....or just...*shaking my head for the words* something else, I want to find out. But I need you to be patient." I was losing ways to explain so I just did as he asked and let my actions speak. Placing my hand gently behind his neck as I looked into his eyes and kissed his lips softly at first, slowly...
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Quinn listened quietly, and felt her lips on his own....

He pulled back a bit, looking into her eyes...

"You have all the time you need, Jessica. I am more than willing to wait..."

He leaned in and kissed her deeply, running a gentle hand along her side, letting his hand trace every curve.

"All I ask is that you trust me. Trust that I care about you. Trust that I am willing to be patient while we explore whatever this is..."

He wrapped his arm around her hip, and looked out over the city...

"We will explore this future together...and whatever it brings, we will face it together..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

His hands trailing my side as I fought through the urge to do anything I'd possibly regret later made me close my eyes and focus on composing myself. His reassurance that he wasn't going anywhere made me feel so much better. There was so much I wanted to say, so much I wanted to tell him....but I couldn't. Not yet. Not until....I knew. I wouldn't make that mistake again and I couldn't trust my feelings of what I thought I felt before help me decide.

He looked out over the city as he held me next to him, turning my head to look at him and nod. "I trust you Quinn. With my whole heart." I looked out at the city and noticed how beautiful the lights were twinkling in the skyline. Shreveport was really pretty at night. "It's beautiful." I'd never took the time to look before.

I chuckled and shook my head as I looked down. "I um...There is something...." I turned to face him. "I've been gone for three days now, and I really....really would like a shower. Did you happen to bring any clothes?" I asked as I shrugged slightly, smiling innocently. I hated to ask but I smelled like Fangtasia.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Quinn smiled and pointed to a closed door just off of the main room.

"The shower is in there, there is a royal blue silk robe hanging next to the towels for you. When you are done, if you want more than the robe, go to the bedroom and look in the closet. I had to guess on the sizing so there is a range of styles to pick from....and a set of satin pajamas as well..."

He chuckled, thinking of her deciding what to wear...and hoping he got the sizes close.

He kissed her again, leading her back inside, letting his fingertips trace the curve of her back....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 pm

The feel of his fingertips brushing my back as he led me in while explaining where everything was. I knew I could always count on him, Quinn--he thought of everything. Smiling as I looked over my shoulder. "Thank you. I'll...be out soon."

The shower felt so good against my skin as I held the smile on my lips thinking about all that had happened. Images of Quinn behind me in the shower, his hands trailing my body made me open my eyes and drop my head forward against the wall. Focus Jessica. Focus. Turning the hot water off and leaving it cold as I continued to shower. Vampire speed came in handy as I stepped out and dried my body off. Finding the closet with everything he spoke of I smiled and saw his shirts hanging up. Taking one from the hanger as I placed it to my nose and inhaled his scent. It was too good to describe. Slipping it over my body as I left the first three buttons open. It passed my thighs slightly. The drawers held undergarments as I giggled pulling out a nice little pair of black undies. Perfect size. Nice guessing, I thought to myself. After running the brush through my nearly dry hair, I moved all of my hair to my right shoulder and let it hang. Walking back to the door as I opened it and stepped in the room looking up slowly.

In For the Night 513054330511d6e974cog0
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Quinn got an impish smile as he heard the shower start...

"Tempting....but no..."

He decided to make use of the time, stripping down and changing into pajama bottoms while she was occupied. He was walking to turn on some music when she came out of the bedroom, and he froze in place....She was dressed in one of his shirts and little else....

He watched as she entered the room, her scent dancing it's way across the room to make his sense swim....sending his mind to so many places it should not go...

"Jessica..."

He did not know what to say...by the gods, she was beautiful...and he was sure she could read it in his eyes....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 pm

I looked down at what I was wearing, or lack of and giggled. "Sorry, I hope you don't mind...I just...I think it's comfortable. I can...I can change into some---" As I looked back up I stopped talking and realized what he was wearing. No shirt just pajama pants as I stood there, my hand that hand been pointing to the bathroom dropped to my side as I forced my eyes to look at his face. We stood there looking one another over for what seemed like forever. I cleared my throat and looked at the super size king bed and nervously looked around the room waiting to see if he'd rather I wear something else. The thoughts of laying next to him while I slept made me grin a little.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Quinn walked over to her, watching her as he moved....

"Jessica....you look....."

He took her by the waist, kissing her deeply, slipping his hands under the shirt, running his hands over her cool skin....so tempting....soft smooth skin...her scent was making his head swim...he knew he shouldn't be....but she was so tempting....

"You look incredible...."

He forced himself to step back, letting his hands fall from her body...

"simply incredible..."

He sighed...he could, out of the corner of his eye, see the telltale signs that dawn was coming soon. He turned, pulling the lever on the wall, sealing the room against the sun....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:46 pm