For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Happy Birthday, Luna

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Happy Birthday, Luna Empty Happy Birthday, Luna

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Sam grinned as he arrived back at the trailer. Gone practically all day dropping things at the bank, seeing his lawyer about some legal things and shopping for Luna's birthday. Lately all she wanted was chocolate...so he hoped his decision for roses and chocolate were good. Crystal had been hired as the newest waitress at Merlotte's which gave Arlene and Holly a bit of a questioned face. He explained he was helping out the next person and they should too. She'd never waitressed before, but it didn't take a rocket scientist. Eventually she'd get the hang of it. Luna had supplied her with some clothes to have until she was on her feet enough. For privacy, he gave her the keys to one of his empty rentals and told her she could start paying rent once she started earning more money. Holly's rental was finally repaired from the fire damage. Things were looking up.

Walking up the stairs to the trailer with the chocolate and roses behind his back with as smile on his face. She was crying watching the latest movie on lifetime as he snuck in behind her. -Happy Birthday, baby.- He knelt down and brought his hands from behind his back, holding out her gifts.

Happy Birthday, Luna Th?id=H.4707302135891841&pid=15
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Happy Birthday, Luna Empty Re: Happy Birthday, Luna

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 pm

She wiped at her eyes and sniffled as she looked up at him, then her eyes went to the chocolates and she started crying harder. "Oh SAM!" She reached out and grabbed the chocolates from him, sat them on the couch and wrapped her arms around his neck. She hadn't had a birthday present from an adult in what felt like forever.

Pulling away, she looked into his eyes and smiled before pressing her lips against his and laughing softly. "Thank you....."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Sam grinned as she sniffled and accepted his gift. Her lips crushing against his as he held her back and kissed her. She pulled away and chuckled. -You're welcome. Sad movie?- He asked as he rose slowly and sat next to her on the couch. -I was thinking, if you feel up to it, I'd like to take you out. Your choice of dinner and a movie. Or we can stay in. Whatever makes you happy, you'll get it.- He wanted to spoil her for her birthday especially, since she'd been cooped up for a few weeks not feeling well. A night out might help.

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm

After he sat down, she pulled herself up and lay her head on his shoulder, the TV still playing whatever it was that made her cry; she hadn't even been paying much attention. It wasn't the show, but one of those stupid commercials where Sarah Whats-her-face sang and told you to adopt an animal or they'd be put down. She shook her head and leaned forward to hit the mute button on the remote before laying back against him.

"Truthfully? Dinner at home would be fantastic. I can make some spaghetti, you can make garlic bread, and we can just relax while watching TV or a movie. I can start the food if you wanna go rent something from the store?" She tilted her head so she could look at him and give him her best smile.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm

He smiled and nodded. -That sounds like a great idea, baby. And you are not to do a thing, Mrs. Merlotte. You sit your beautiful self right here and I'll start dinner. If you hit this button we can rent a movie directly from the tv.- He kissed her forehead and stood making his way to the kitchen that adjoined the living room. Gathering all the things he needed to make spaghetti as he whistled a tune. He began to cook as the smell of the cooking meat wafted through the air. Occasionally looking at Luna and giving her a playful wink. She was so amazing, and he was...so in love.

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

She flipped, and flipped, and flipped through the channels, frowning as she couldn't find anything to watch. "There's not a damn thing on, Sam." Turned to him and gave a pout which quickly faded and turned into a smile; meat. The smell of cooking meat just made her mouth water and stomach growl. She slowly stood from the couch and moved into the kitchen, leaning over his shoulder and looking into the pan, debating on sticking her fingers in to get a piece... just a little one.

"Why don't you go find something? I can watch this, honest." Grinned at him as her hand slowly eased towards the pan.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

He grinned and placed a hand on the top of her hand. Turning to face her as she reached for the pan, kissing her lips and moving to the living room to find a movie for them to watch. Selecting a scary one so that she would be tempted to cuddle with him, then setting the remote down and turning to go back to the kitchen. She was chewing something eyes closed. -Luna....baby, it's uh...not cooked yet darlin'.- Grabbing the spoon from her and giving her a worried look as he tried to figure out what was happening.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

She was on the verge of something fantastic, her whole body shaking in delight as she chewed the barely warmed meat. She jumped when Sam gently touched her arm, her eyes popping open and a sheepish smile coming to her face. "So...." She swallowed the meat, her stomach growling for more as she did so, "Sorry. It's just.... God, that smells fantastic." She wanted more, but knew she'd be pushing it. Sam obviously already thought she had lost it.

She smiled more and stepped aside to watch him cook, grinning as he turned to face the stove and gave her a perfect view of his Wrangler clothed ass. Good GOD those jeans worked magic on him.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:10 pm

He took over stirring the meat as he glanced at her and smiled. Setting the spoon down and helping her to sit on the counter as he rushed over to get her chocolates and opened the box. Selecting one and holding it between two fingers as he slowly trailed her bottom lip, smiling. -This...is good. Raw meat...bad.- He chuckled and kissed her lips before feeding her the piece of chocolate.

The meat was burning as he turned the knob on a lower setting while he stirred again. Adding in the pasta sauce in and stirring it around before setting the spoon down and walking back to her, standing in between her legs as his hands ran up and down her outer thigh.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Bit into the chocolate after he put it to her lips and grinned as it melted slowly in her mouth. "Meat.... fantastic." She winked. Since when had she turned into a caveman? Laughing inwardly at her own joke, she wrapped her legs around his waist when he came to stand in front of her. "You best be careful, Mr. Merlotte. Our dinner will burn and your little one won't be happy if its deprived of sustenance."

Smiled softly and reached down to grab the hand that was rubbing her leg and placed it on the tiny, almost unnoticeable, bulge of her stomach. "What do you think it is?" She asked quietly as she met his eyes, her heart melting as she did so. He looked... so happy.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 pm

He chuckled and kissed her neck then her lips. -I'll make sure to be careful, can't have that now can we?- He turned and stirred in the pan as he glanced over at her. Moving back to his spot and rubbing her leg again, she placed his hand on her stomach and all he could do was chuckle and feel a slight blush come across his face. She asked what he thought it was and he swallowed a lump in his throat. -Baby, as long as it's healthy and happy I don't care. A boy would be nice. But having another girl is just as fine.- He bent down and kissed her stomach whispering, -Daddy loves you.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 pm

A tear slipped down her cheek and she smiled as she heard his words. "A boy would be nice, I agree. A little boy mostly like his daddy." She grinned, her stomach rumbling as the smell of sauce, meat and noodles hit her nose. "I'm so... freaking... HUNGRY!" Laughed a bit and slid off of the counter then walked behind him and kissed the back of his head.

"I gotta pee. Don't forget to put the bread in the oven." Winked at him as she walked back to the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Watching her leave to go to the restroom, he turned to put the bread in the oven as she suggested. Shaking his head at how their lives had changed lately. He was going to be a father, and legally one day she'd be his wife. Leaning against the counter as he smiled thinking about how good things had turned for him, nothing could get better than this. All they needed was Emma home and it would be a complete family.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Her stomach growled again and she couldn't help but laugh; this little one was hungry. This pregnancy was so different than when she had been pregnant with Emma; she couldn't eat hardly at all with Emma, but now that's all she could think about and meat was at the top of the list of things she wanted most. Right along with Sam. Her smile faded when she pulled down her pants and noticed the tiny bit of reddish brown liquid in her underwear; surely nothing to worry about, definitely not something to worry Sam about right now. She did her business and cleaned up, washing her hands and slowly walking back out into the living room, her smile returning when she saw him standing there at the stove. "That smells.... so good."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Stirring in the last bit of the noodles with the pasta as it began to smell like spaghetti. She came back and complimented the smell as he nodded in agreement. -Bread is in the oven, we can eat in five. I take it you're hungry?- He teased as he set the timer for five minutes. -You wanna set the table?- He had a small table, most like all rooms in the trailer. Surely he would need more room when the baby was born, and that was weighing on his mind.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:13 pm

"Sure thing," she said as she walked slowly into the kitchen, suddenly tired. Moved into the kitchen, scooting around Sam and reaching to grab two bowls, some silverware and glasses then setting them on the table; her eyes went over to Sam and she smiled more. "What's going on in that head of yours, Merlotte? You think much harder and that hamster's gonna die." She winked at him and sat down in her 'spot' at the table.

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:15 pm

He grinned and took the bread from the oven, placing it on the counter for it to cool. Chuckling at her hamster comment and carried the pot of spaghetti to the table to fix her plate and then his. Setting it back on the stove and grabbing the bread and placing it on the table with a knife as he sat across from her. -Just thinking is all. Nothing serious, I just think maybe this place is too small....for four of us.-

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Grabbed her fork and stuck it into the noodles, spinning it around then putting it into her mouth. She chewed slowly, swallowed and took a sip of her drink before answering. "It is kinda small. But.... we can't really move, can we? I mean you need to be close to the bar and stuff....." her voice trailed off; truth was she wanted to have their own place that was bigger, but she couldn't bring herself to ask him to move out. She put another bite of spaghetti in her mouth, then bit a piece of bread and watched him.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm

He started to eat as she did, listening to her reasoning which was the same as his own. -I do need to be close to the bar, which is why I've been looking for places nearby. Seems there is a few homes for sale only a mile down the road.- He let that sink into her for a moment as he took a sip of his sweet tea. He'd been looking occasionally just to see the options, he had the money but he wasn't sure of what she wanted. There was still her house in Shreveport. He could keep the trailer for him to use if needed for guests or stocking. Sam was determined to make it work.

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Her eyes met his and her mouth dropped slightly open. "You've been searching for places... for us?" She didn't think she'd ever be over how different he was from Marcus; he actually cared about her, about their baby, about Emma. He wanted the best for them. She sighed as she put another piece of bread in her mouth. "I'm thinking about quitting the elementary school. Maybe see if I can get a job here in Bon Temps at the elementary instead. It'd be closer."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Hearing her thoughts about a possible transfer to the elementary here made his heart feel warm. -Whatever you decide, I'll stand behind you, Luna Garza. Where ever you go, I go. Whatever you do, I do. I love you, and I always will.- He said as he placed a hand on hers and smiled.

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:17 pm

She blushed a bit and gripped his hand. "When did you get so gushy, Sam Merlotte? I like this side of you." She winked and squeezed his hand again before finishing her dinner and waiting for him to do the same. "Movie time? Oh, and dessert!" She actually bounced in her seat as she thought about the chocolate ice cream that was soon going to settle happily in her stomach with the spaghetti and garlic bread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:40 am