For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Shall There Be Peace?

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Shall There Be Peace? Empty Shall There Be Peace?

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 pm

As Quinn watched the car leave with Jessica, he smiled. He truly hoped their talk went well. He had a lot to do while she was gone. He called Vincent in and asked him to get a car ready for a run to Shreveport. He needed to get some information and he knew just who to ask.

He walked over to the desk, and brought up the web on his tablet. He looked through the available resources and decided to wait and talk with Pam first...he had more than enough time to order later. He needed to hurry to Shreveport though. The big event was tonight and he needed to be quick if he wanted to get there while Pam had the time to chat. As an afterthought, he pulled up the website for Kiara's company. That was an option...

(Web address is clickable)
    http://kiaragriffen.wix.com/prima-vitae

"Vincent, please call ahead and let Ms. Beaufort know that I am coming in and would like a few moments of her time..."

Setting the tablet down again as Vincent walked in, he straightened his jacket and headed for Fangtasia...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Shall There Be Peace? Empty Re: Shall There Be Peace?

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Violet meekly buzzed her office and let her know that John Quinn would be there shortly and wished to speak to her. Tonight's event would be happening as they awaited the arrival of Bubba. Many supporters of the vampire world were to be in attendance and could possibly invest in the club and wield new clientele. She was dressed and ready for the big night, she just hoped Quinn didn't have bad news. Nothing could ruin tonight.

Shall There Be Peace? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS40URdrExNf9dkptGcAeHLrNZytNVz8wmF2BAIKVxjGRDdSJ4
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

As Quinn pulled into Fangtasia, he was pleased to see that the crowd was already starting to form...he stepped out and headed into the club....he had a lot to think about but that had to wait...right now he needed information...

Shall There Be Peace? Tumblr_m9dh53CCaq1r2x801o1_500
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

After the knock on her door she said, "Come in." Sitting behind her desk and finishing the last coat on her nails as she looked up slightly and smirked. "John, you came for the show? What...no date?" Grinning as she slid the brush across her nail and blew a soft breath on them to dry.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

He smiled as he walked into her office. She looked stunning as always...he took a seat across from her...

"Actually, what I am here for is not related to the show, but relax...everything is in place as far as that goes. I just need to pick your brain on another subject...."

He leaned forward and paused for a moment before continuing....
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Cocking a brow at how he looked in his suit with a small devious grin. She could tell why Jessica liked him, what a man...or tiger. Too bad she wasn't into men these days, he seemed like fun. Looking into his eyes as he leaned forward she smiled. "What can I help you with? Pick away."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Quinn smiled...she was curious now...this was good...He looked in her eyes and spoke softly...

"I would like to know what you can tell me about the recent history in regards to William Compton."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

She laughed and placed a dainty hand on her chest, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Bill? King Bill? Oh...right. You're shacking up with his progeny. Well, what would you like to know?" She grinned, was this his all so important favor he was cashing in?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Quinn smiled at her reaction, but flinched at ther term 'shaking up'. She was reading far too much into this conversation...

"I know most of the details from various sources on what happened at the Authority and such. I am more interested in what has gone on with him over the recent years before I returned to the area. Preferences of flavor, entertainments, etc. Nothing too hot topic...and I have heard all about Sookie Fracking Stackhouse so we can skip that part..."

He smiled and relaxed back in his chair. This might even go better than planned...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm

She sat back in her chair and crossed her legs, narrowing her eyes and studying his reasons for wanting to know. Tilting her head to the side and sighing, "Sookie Stackhouse is a sore subject for many people I see." She rolled her eyes and shook her head, having heard rumors of John and the little fairy for a time. "Entertainments? Tastes? What are Bill Compton and I best friends that have slumber parties. I don't know that. He likes being a sore in my side. Sorry but I can't help you, I don't know much about him. Never really wanted to either."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Quinn's smile faded quickly at that point...

"Well...it seems my trip was a wasted one then."

He began to get up, then stopped and turned back to look at Pam...

"On a separate topic, I don't suppose you have any decent vintage Royal AB+ around? perhaps a decorative bottle? Thought you might keep something like that in stock for special occasions. I am planning a very special business meeting and want to make a good impression..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 pm

She stood and smirked as she walked to the safe. Turning the dial until it clicked open she retrieved a special royal blend she'd had laying around. "It's got alcohol mixed in and is pretty potent. Tell your guest to sip, not guzzle." She grinned and wondered if it was for Bill or the little red head. "For all your troubles."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Quinn smiled as she went to the safe for a private bottle stashed there.

"I will be sure to advise my client of the caution...and..."

He had to chuckle a bit...

"..no, I am not going to be using it to get Jessica drunk..."

He took the bottle from her, smiling...

"The crowd is really gathering tonight....should be quite the event..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Pam grinned, "Oh you don't have to tell me, I'm sure you wouldn't have to. Just sweet talk her." She winked and smiled then nodded. "It sure is growing, I have a certain tiger to thank for that. I appreciate your help in the matter. Let's just get through this without a hitch, then we celebrate." She motioned to the bottle, "Enjoy."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Quinn tossed a small bundle of bills to her.

"I appreciate the bottle. You saved me a trip to Prima. We can discuss celebrating your successful event another time. We both have a lot to do tonight, so..."

He stood, offering his hand, smiling once again...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 pm

She looked from him to his hand and nodded. "Noted, and glad I could help." She walked around her desk, not being rude but vampires did not shake hands, and her nails were still wet anyhow. She opened the door and stepped aside for him to exit.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 pm

He chuckled at the foolish gesture...

"Of course..."

He walked out the door, carrying the bottle, and his disappointment...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 pm