For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Daddy Dearest

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Daddy Dearest Empty Daddy Dearest

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:10 am

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1059-daddy-dearest

"Jess---Jessica??" Shaking his head to make sure he was seeing right, I grinned. "Hello....daddy." I said sarcastically.

His bewildered face made me smirk as I stared into his eyes, so full of fear and questions. I bent down closer to his face as I looked into his eyes. “All this time…I thought you’d changed. I thought my absence brought you together. I was wrong. And now…you’re gonna pay.” I closed my fist and met his cheekbone with my hand, making him fall to the ground. I needed a place where no one could hear his screams and I’d found it deep in the woods of Shreveport; No one around for miles, no sounds except for the bugs and owls. He held his face as I stood up and began to pace, thinking of what I’d do to him.

“How does it feel, daddy? Being hit by someone with more power than you? Someone stronger than you?” I watched him scramble on the ground groaning. With vampire speed I grabbed his belt and unbuckled it, loosening it from the hole and pulling it from the belt loops. “How many times had you used this on me? On Eden?” I didn’t wait for him to answer; I just swung down on his upper leg on the side, a whoosh sound followed by the sound of a belt snapping at the pant leg. He howled in pain and I chuckled. “Oh I remember when we’d cry or scream…we got double. All because we disobeyed you; Most of the time, it was because your stupid ass was drunk.” I hit him again, making him grab his leg and drop his head to the ground, spitting in pain as he panted.

“Jess…ica….please…I’m sorry.” I tilted my head to the side for a moment as I watched him. With vampire speed I rolled him to his back and ripped his shirt open, buttons flying in every direction as I squat on top of him, looking in his eyes. “You’re damn right you’re sorry. A sorry excuse for a father…a sorry excuse for a husband…a sorry excuse for a person.” I slapped him across the face as he always loved to do to my mother, then backhanded him like he did Eden tonight. Rage and anger filled me as the darkness I possessed crept to the surface. I wanted to keep it under control, I wanted to remain calm…but he brought out the worst in me. I stood and kept my back to him as he held his hands to his face, tears on his cheeks. I could smell the salt of his tears and blood mix together. His lip was bleeding and I closed my eyes ignoring the smell wafting through the air.

Turning back to face him, I grabbed him by the throat picking him up and slamming his back against the tree, making some of the bark chip away. He grunted and squinted his eyes shut at the pain. “What’s the matter, daddy? Can’t take the heat??” My hands gripping his throat tightly as my nails bit into his flesh causing trickles of blood to form. He clawed at my hand and I just smiled. “Do you see what you’ve done to me!?! THIS…is all your fault.” I let him dwell on that for a moment before growling and tossing his body towards another tree, letting him hit it and fall to the ground. He coughed and clutched his throat, tears welling from all the pain.

I stood there watching him, only anger in my voice and face. “Do you know what he did?!? Did you even care?!?! While you were kissing his ass, do you know what he did to your DAUGHTER!!?!? He was holier than thou, walked on water.” I scoffed and sarcastically laughed as he tried to get to his knees. Picking up a nearby stick with a sharp edge, I pressed the tip to my finger feeling the point. Shaking my head as the tears began to form in my eyes, I blinked and they fell. Turning to him I inhaled and bit my lip as he fell to the sitting position grunting and breathing heavily, leaning against the tree as he tried to focus on me.

“Who, Jessica? Wh-who are you…*cough* talking about?”

“That’s the funny thing, daddy….had you listened to me…none of this would have happened. NONE of it. I wouldn’t be this…..” I looked down and shook my head. “But it’s okay, because I have a great man that loves me for who I am…treats me right.” I thought of Quinn and smiled. He moaned in pain and I rushed back over to him sinking to my knees to be eye level with him, pressing the sharp end of the stick to his bare chest above his heart. “You failed to protect me, to protect all the other girls he touched. What about Eden…what if he’s touched her?” I pushed harder on the stick, breaking his skin and causing him to scream. “WHO JESSICA!!! AAGHH” He yelled out, clenching his teeth to fight the pain, making me stop applying pressure. I couldn’t kill him…not now at least.

“Do you remember….” I trailed off as I took his hand into my own, he watched with worry and fear in his eyes. “When I begged you to let me not go to Sunday school…but you made me.” He searched my blood stained face for the answers, shaking his head with wide eyes. “Jessica, I—don’t know, I don’t remember…” I applied pressure with the flick of my wrist and shattered the bone, severing its use. His screams were agonizing. I wiped my tears and waited for him to stop screaming so loud, reveling in his pain.

I squat across from him, silent for several minutes. He whimpered and cried holding his broken wrist. “He held me after class...said he wanted to talk about Jesus. Then he pushed me against the wall and ran his hand on my leg going up my skirt.” The memories I tried to bury came to the surface with force, making me remember it like it happened yesterday. I paused for a moment, his head coming up with glazed pain filled eyes. “It was Mr. Gary, the Sunday school teacher. I begged you…pleaded. But you accused me of rebelling and whipped me. Twice.” I shook my head as tears fell from his eyes.

“Baby, I didn’t…I didn’t know…” I nodded and narrowed my eyes, creasing my forehead. “You’re right you didn’t…you never gave me the chance. Had it not been for Laura walking in that day…” I trailed off remembering what he’d done to her later. The anger boiling over again as I stood and growled. “You never cared, you never asked. I was acting strange for WEEKS!!!” Refusing to cry, refusing to give him that satisfaction that it hurt. “I found out weeks later what he did to my friend Laura…I snuck out that night to console her. Tiffany and Amber put me in the trunk so I wouldn’t be seen….that’s the night I DIED. The night I became…this.” I grabbed his throat again, lifting him to meet my eyes and pressed his body against the tree. My face inches from his as I dropped my fangs.

Daddy Dearest Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGFZpJP16c8MlWtePlT6lTrwS0Joh-Lx-YBkXgBvpph5iEjo93

He gasped and I grinned. “What’s wrong daddy, scared?” He closed his eyes and began to pray. “SHUT UP! That won’t help you now…you made your bed. Now it’s time to lay in it.” I sank my fangs into his neck and pulled his blood into my mouth, swallowing. His blood tasted sweeter because of his fear; he cried out and struggled against me but I was too strong this time. I pushed him towards the ground again, his blood on my chin as I stepped on his right leg, causing it to break at the knee. He rolled over in pain, screaming. Running the sharp edge over his chest as blood seeped to the surface. I felt nothing…no remorse…no care….no hurt. It helped my own pain that I had held down for so long. I still never heard what happened to Laura, I always did wonder. But my main focus now was inflicting pain as he had always inflicted on me…on mama and on Eden.

“Did it make you feel stronger, much more of a man to show how strong you were and that you could hurt us?” I questioned him as I leaned down closer to his face. The smell of his blood making me strike the other side of his neck and pulling. His heart was erratic, strange for how I’d been feeding on him. “I’m—sorry….” He whispered as I pulled back and looked at him. I could hear his heart tense up and stop. I looked into his open eyes, blank…dead. He lay there not breathing or moving. I’d given him a heart attack. Tears fell from my eyes, but I fought back on it refusing to let that weak girl out. I stood and retracted my fangs. I was full of his blood, he was dead…and I was here in the woods. I decided to look around for some place to put his body. About five miles south there was an embankment that dropped down into the river. Sounded good to me. I carried his body there, placing him atop the embankment and looking down at him. “I…relied on you. And you let me down. Now you can’t let mama or Eden down…ever again.” With that I pushed his body and he rolled down into the water with a splash.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am