For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Past pleasures...

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Past pleasures... Empty Past pleasures...

Post by John Quinn Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Quinn looked over the most recent report, chuckling…

While he sent a response email, he called to Vincent, “Make sure the gear is loaded, we are going to have some fun.”

Not waiting for Vincent to respond, Quinn headed toward the garage. As the engine revved up and they headed to Shreveport, Quinn had to smirk a bit. Dimona had been too careless with information. The foolish wench had even rented out one of Quinn’s own facilities for her temporary haven. That little mistake was going to cost her a lot. He had already used the information he had to clean out her accounts and selloff every scrap of property she owned that was not being worn. He had even gone as far as taking every backup identity she had and red flagging it as a rogue vampire pseudonym. Now her biggest mistake would cost her everything else. She had crossed the line when she tried to sell in Quinn’s hometown. Now things were personal.

The strike team should be taking out her lookouts by now, he thought as they rolled toward Shreveport. She always was a bit cocky, even back in Calcutta, when she basically ruled the city. She never did understand how security worked. She never understood the power of influence and money when it comes to safety. He had only bought off the company the provided her personal security and her little fledglings were all that was left, and shortly they would be an issue…

The hacker was hard to find, he had to admit, and was actually better than Dimona gave him credit for. It had taken nearly a week to back trace that attempt on the EEE mainframe. The hacker, however, did not really have any loyalty to her and was more than happy to change sides for the right fee. He almost wished he could be there when she tried to do something with her money. That thought actually made him laugh out loud, drawing a quizzical stare from one of the guards he had brought with him.

As they pulled into the edge of town, the signal came through from the strike team. She was alone, though she did not know it. With a smug grin, Quinn began explaining exactly way he wanted everyone to do. Since she was on her own is only fair to give her sporting chance. Since she was on the run, she would be feeding from pre-stores, not living donors. That meant no risk of harming a human. This was going to be fun. When they rolled into the facility each car peeled off to its own area, and set up the perimeter.

“Vincent, do not forget to tell them strictly UV and silver nitrate rounds. Nothing lethal to humans. If she managed to hang on to one or two loyal guards, they can use whatever force is necessary, but I would like to avoid the death of any innocents.”

Vincent nodded and headed with his team to seal off the fire escapes. Quinn sat in his vehicle waiting, giving them time to weld the doors shut, time to rig the windows with UV grenades and flood the events on the lower floors with silver nitrate gas…

Once he was sure he had given them enough time, he stepped out fire in the grappler almost vertical, so it would hook the roof above the penthouse. Making sure his gear was secure, Quinn quietly began his climb. He was actually curious if she would have noticed that anything was wrong yet. It did not really matter. He wanted to leave his past dead and buried. If he had to re-bury part of it, he would be happy to do so. This was one loose end that would never have a chance to bother him again. As he got close to the penthouse balcony, he could smell the silver nitrate coming through the air vents to the outside. He paused and wondered if she could feel or smell it yet. Vincent had been careful not to vent much into the upper floors until given the proper signal. Grinning impishly, Quinn struck a sulfur flare and dropped it toward the ground below, watching its descent. Once hit the ground everything was going to happen very fast. That conniving little bitch, Dimona, would never trouble him again.

He hoped his hands over the railing and waited until he heard the remote charge go off in the penthouse elevator, disabling the electronics. The stairwells have been welded shut so the little bitch with now trapped. He pulled himself up and so onto the balcony, slapping the small shaped charge against the glass. He backed against the railing and activated it, spraying glass all over the room. As he looked in the doorway, he could see her standing in the middle of the room, blood tears pouring from her eyes as the silver nitrate hit. She must have been in a hell of a lot of pain from that. He somehow found enjoyment in fact. He walked in from the balcony watching her very carefully.

Dimona glared when she saw Quinn enter her haven. She looked around, trying to search out a weapon to defend herself with. She grabbed a gun off the kitchen table, pointing it at Quinn, but was unsure of what good it would do. She could smell the ozone from the hallway and knew that she was trapped here.

“How dare you, Jonathan? This is my haven. This is my private little world. You have no rights and privilege here…”

“Actually, Dimona, I own this building and many others so I have every right to go where I wish. What I choose to do at those locations is also my choice. The stench of your business has filled my nostrils far too long and I tire of it. By all means, you may try to shoot, but if you do that, then you have no chance of walking out of here.”

“Now John, we've done business in the past, and both came out quite well as a result. Perhaps another business arrangement can be achieved. One that can be mutually… enjoyable.”

“Dimona, it is good to see that some do not change. You are still an arrogant bitch that thinks she can talk her way out of anything. I am kind of happy about that, since for once, dealing with you will not leave such a bad taste in my mouth.”

Quinn lifted the rifle, pulling the trigger as it lined up with her body. He knew you only get one shot at this. The needle struck home, injecting its contents into her body. She slapped away the needle, laughing. He simply smiled and said nothing.

“A toxic dart, Jonathan? Did you forget who and what I am? Did you forget how old I am and how kind improve with age? You must have been out of this game for far too long if you think…”

Midsentence, Dimona doubled over in pain. She painfully lifted her head looking at Quinn in disbelief…

“No, Dimona, I did not forget. That is the same dart and this is even the same rifle you used to betray me when Russell tried to kill me. I honestly did not know if I would ever use it, because I never expected to see you again. Until that day in the woods, I thought you were already dead. This time I am not leaving it to question. Since we have plenty of time, and want to explain to you what I have done and then I want to sit back in your own recliner and watch the serum take its effect.”

Dimona slipped to her knees, trying to crawl away from him, but ended up curled up into a ball. She shifted to face him, blood tears staining her face. The look of disbelief was still painted across it, though now mired by flashes of burning agony.

“That serum, or at least the recipe for it, has been around since I recuperated from what you and Russell tied to do. It took me months to heal from the damage that you two did. I decided to make use of that time and studied every scrap of paper had ever been done on the study of vampires and how to cause pain. It was then I found this lovely serum, at the time simply theory, but thanks to having access to the Vampire Authority itself, I was able to secure what I need. You were only one of the intended subjects but I was deprived of my greatest target by that target’s own stupidity. He decided to piss off one of the oldest vampires in the area by attacking a half-fairy that was under that vampires, shall we say, protections…”

Quinn leaned forward in the chair, watching with interest as the serum began to darken Dimona’s skin, slowly cooking her from the inside as it coursed through her body. She was not moving very much now, but her eyes flashed around as if seeking escape, even still…

“I am truly amused that you actually were stupid enough to shit in my backyard and think I would not take offense. I went way beyond being offended, you little bitch. He never should have come back into my life, and you never will again. Your biggest mistake was becoming a threat to Jessica and all we have built. You should have stayed in Calcutta. It may not have been quite as fun, but you would have lived longer... Oh, by the way. I guess I should mention that sunrise will bring you no relief. The serum, which is currently altering you chemically, has the interesting side effect of rendering you immune to sunlight. Sadly, by that point, that gift is useless to you. I am, however, curious if you will survive the alteration long enough to see the sunrise. I think it would be a fitting gift to you, considering the last words he spoke to me. Let me see if I can remember exactly how you put it…’ If you make it to sunrise enjoy the last one you will ever see’. I believe that is how you put it, so I leave you with your own words and the wonderful sensations that you will experience every bit of.”

Quinn pulled the radio from behind him signaling they will clear and sent everyone but Vincent home. He told Vincent to relax in the car, but he is going to stay and watch the sunrise. He then leaned back in the recliner and focused on Dimona’s face watching the little tics in what little flash could still move as each wave of torturous pain washed over what was left of her mind. As the sunrise slowly crawled into the penthouse, he was amused to see fear in her eyes just before they went dim. He called down to Vincent and started coming back down the rope with a satisfied grin on his face. Once he finished his climb, he called the cleanup crew to make repairs and remove the remains of the morning’s events. He climbed back in the car with a smug grin on his face, nodding to Vincent as they headed home…

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 pm