For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Not so much chit chat

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Not so much chit chat Empty Not so much chit chat

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Kiara leaned back on the soft chair in her office. She'd been typing away, dealing with some receipts and inventory from her business. Judith had left quite confident that she would have Bill and strangely that didn't bother her anymore.

Instead she focused on other things, her work, some personal things, she had even ordered a few things for when Sophie would arrive. She had before her a tray with her dinner. Tia had senses the awkwardness around so she'd made a big cheesecake with a strawberry glaze as well as her famous hot cocoa drink. Kiara had to admit it was very hard to be depressed with a mouthful of cheesecake.

So she saved her work on her computer and dimmed the lights to give her eyes a much needed break. She reached for her hot cocoa and smiled, taking a sip and licking the whipped cream off her lips.

Not so much chit chat Main-hot-chocolate
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Not so much chit chat Empty Re: Not so much chit chat

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Bill had been re-watching the surveillance video that he had installed in every single room in the house, including his own mater bedroom which he only had access to. He had been very particular in keeping a watchful eye on what went on in his home. He had it installed as soon as the Tiger had moved into his home, but even now with the Tiger John Quinn and Jessica moving out, he still saw the need to keep it active. And now with Judith staying in the mansion, he wanted to keep an eye on her and it seemed that he was right in doing so.

He had watched the video clips several time now, although Judith had claimed that she was meeting with him, she did not appear, she had left the mansion leaving a message with the guard that she would be back before sunset. He knew that she could never remain inside for too long, she enjoyed the fresh air and freedom. He would have a talk with her as soon as he got the chance, but first he needed to sort things with Kiara.

He had felt something in her during the time this argument with Judith occurred, but had dismayed it to something completely different. After he closed out of the back up security system and closing down the screen, finishing early for the evening. He sped from his office, hearing the sound of Kiara moans, he found it curious as to what she was moaning at, he searched her out and found her in her office. The lights dimmed, but clear vision for his vampire eyes as he leaned against the door frame, his arms folded over his chest, smirking.

"So, work halts for a Tia special I see" he smirked.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Kiara lifted her head, a foam mustache above her upper lip. She chuckled and licked it off.

"Well...Tia sure knows how to lift my spirits"

She said softly as she set down her cup. She hadn't expected Bill to show for a while. Ever since Judith had arrived they only barely saw each other near dawn when they both slept, or for a moment after sunset when he woke and that was even if she was awake.

She sat properly on her chair, looking at him. "Something the matter?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 pm

He continued to lean against the door frame, as he gazed at her. Unfazed by tonight's events with his sister. He walked into her office, she had made subtle changes to it to make it her own, filled with various folders filled with her business work.

"Yes it appears that she does" he smirked.

He perched himself on the edge of her desk, his legs crossed at his ankles as she remained in her seat drinking her warm drink.

"I have been watching the surveillance tapes from tonight" he inclined his head to her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

She nodded as she listened. She didn't think much about the whole surveillance tapes. She already had her secrets in place in a way she wasn't snooping around and the only thing she'd done tonight aside from work had been have a "talk" with Judith which had been more of a one sided brawl.

She'd kept her word, she hadn't hurt Judith or tried to kill her as much as the vampire tried her patience.

"See anything interesting?" she asked. It made her wonder if he had cameras everywhere. Maybe she should utilize some of those cameras one day to tease him. She filed that idea in her mental folder to pursue later.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:51 pm

"It appears that I missed quite a few things. That Max likes to take quite a few breaks" he smirked.

He knew that one of the guards Max who patrolled the hallways like to excuse himself regularly for a cigarette break.

"And it appears that i mis-judged you. I believed you would have killed Judith the moment that she attacked you....Are you alright?" he asked.

He wanted to check that Kiara was fine, and tomorrow he would speak with his sister Judith about what he had witnessed.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:54 pm

She chuckled. "I've been hit a lot harder in my life... her little tantrum wasn't a big deal" she said calmly. She had been a tad sore after the throw, but having a moment to just sit down had helped.

"But I must say I'm surprised you're here... she had made it clear she wanted...what was it? to take you out to eat?" she asked, recalling vaguely what Judith had taunted her with.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:04 pm

"Yes, well, Judith has gone to Fangtasia. She does like to exaggerate things. I did not have any intentions of going out tonight. I was neck deep in work that needs completion. But i have finished early tonight"

He crossed the room and sat on a large chaise long in the corner of the room, lying back fully on the chair, his arms resting by his side.

"Judith has always been the way she is, it was one of the reasons why Lorena chose her. I know you wish for me to throw her out, but i can't. I owe my life to her, she is my burden Kiara" he finished.

He did not like talking about his past, it was one of the many things that he had not shared with her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 pm

She smiled and shook her head. "It's fine Bill. I don't want to force pain on you. I understand Judith hold meaning to you like all family does. She can stay as long as she wants"

Kiara blinked. Even she was surprised by her own words, but she felt that Bill's emotional well being far superseded her pride and jealousy.

She stretched and stood. "As long as I can still remain in the master bedroom, I'm happy" she said casually"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:15 pm

"As long as I can still remain in the master bedroom, I'm happy"

He frowned slightly at her remark as he sighed a little, his lips forming a thin line across his face.

"Did you think that because vampire siblings indulge in frequent sexual activity that I would want to jump into bed with her?"

True, he and Judith did indulge in very frequent activity, but that had been in the past.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

She blinked then chuckled at his misunderstanding of her comment.

"No no... I mean I don't want her to assume she has such free reign that to keep the peace I move out of the bedroom"

She moved to sit on the edge of the lounge chair he was resting on. "I doubt you'd kick me out, but I would hate for her to force your hand somehow. I just want you to be happy Bill, I don't want to be any source of pain"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Bill had mis-interpreted her remark as he smirked to himself as she moved swiftly across the room to perch on the end of the couch.

"Judith is the only other that knows of Christian, although she does not know that he survived the transformation. But i cannot risk that she lets it slip about what i have done"

He leaned forward on the chair as he sat up a little more, his legs still sprawled across the long chair.

"Judith has always been possessive. One of the qualities that you both share. But she is not as bad as she seems. She will settle down once i have a word with her" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:31 pm

She chuckled and reached to pat his cheek. "Oh Bill...you have much to learn about women... I assure you Judith won't 'settle down' as you say. It's a female thing... even more so for us who aren't human..we tend to be a tad over possessive"

She rubbed the bridge of her nose and shrugged. "But I've played my hand. I'll let Judith do what she wants"

She didn't say anything about Christian. Seeing as how the child vampire was dead it shouldn't matter but vampires were so weird with their laws she didn't blame Bill in being overly cautious. Besides she couldn't put energy into worrying about Judith. Little Sophie would come soon and Kiara would focus on making the girl's few days here happy.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 pm

"Yes, although i will admit i do quite like your possessive streak. I find it quite endearing. Its almost quite impossible to say how you will react" he smirked.

He stood from his chair, dusting himself out as he offered her his hand, his heavy, thick southern accent crisp and smooth, slid off his lips. His true gentleman act pouring through every inch of him.

"Dance with me?" he asked, his eyes glinting.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am

Kiara chuckled. She was known for being quite unpredictable.

"Dance with me?"

She smiled. She loved when his accent showed heavily. It reminded her of the southern gentleman, the southern soldier he once was. She took his hand and stood. She was at least grateful that she kept the dress she'd put on for her talk with Judith. It was modest but flirty enough that Bill would find it interesting. After all he enjoyed when things left a little to the imagination, but enough to entice.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 am

Once her hand was in his, he spun her around slowly until her hand rested on his shoulder, his hand laid softly on her waist. Swaying to music that he conducted into his head. A soft melody that seemed to echo in his ears as he spun around slowly in tune.

He was not much for dancing very often, but when he did, he enjoyed it thoroughly. A smirk spread across his face as he gazed down at her. She had accepted his request to a simple dance. It was something that Judith was not very fond off.

"What are you thinking?" he asked, he sometimes wished that he had Sookie's ability.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:51 am

She smiled as he spun her around and they swayed to the music only he could hear.

"What are you thinking?"

She rested her head on his shoulder as they moved slowly. "That I should bring you some blood... that Sophie is growing up and doesn't need a night light... that Judith would be livid if she saw us like this..." she said softly.

She half closed her eyes as he rocked her gently. "..and that it's been ages since we last danced"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 am

"Well we have had quite a lot of things to deal with recently. Far more than you should have to deal with" he smirked.

He continued on swaying their bodies, slowly spinning her in out and then back in as he slowly dipped her low.

"I do not require blood tonight sweetheart...and yes Sophie is growing" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:08 am

She gave him a skeptical look. "You've been working all night...surely you need some nourishment..." she whispered as he dipped her.

She blushed when he brought her back up, flush against his body. Her heart pounded against her chest.

"...unless Judith has taken care of your meal tonight"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:17 am

He pondered her comment as he stopped the dancing, dropping his arms as he took a step back.

"I have told you Kiara. I have not seen Judith since early this evening when she went out. I do not wish to start a physical relationship with her. Do you have reason to doubt my word?" he asked, frowning.

He couldn't understand her, she didn't mind his sister staying in his home, but something in him made her doubt his loyalty.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:20 am

She shook her head "I don't doubt you Bill...I merely wondered if Judith brought you blood" she said, feeling a tad confused.

She kissed his cheek. "I only worry about you Bill. You get a bit angry when hungry and after all the work and things to deal with I would hate for anything to spark your ire"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am

He moved to sit on the edge of the bed, his hands running through his dark locks of hair. He had been stressed these last few weeks, as he had numerous things going over in his mind. Everything was getting on top of him, work, family, his personal life all seemed to be colliding.

"It has just been a very difficult few weeks...and things have been getting on top of me. Maybe it is a good thing that that i have booked us a few days away after Sophie has gone home"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 am

She smiled as she sat beside him. She reached up, gently rubbing the back of his neck.

"You just think too much Bill" she whispered as she watched the stress play on his face. She smiled when he said something about a few days away. They did need a vacation. Between Sophie, Jess and Quinn, Judith and just work in general they were both mentally exhausted.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:44 am

He relaxed into her touch, as he rolled his head back as her hands massaged the back of his neck.

"It is my job to think too much sweetheart. It is what I do" he smirked

Sometimes he wished that he could just shut his brain off for one night. But with everything that he had to think about, it was never ending.

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:47 am

She smiled softly, still massaging his neck then moving down to his shoulders.

"Well...you should try it for a night. Let everyone else carry the weight of the world..." she whispered. She leaned up, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"you need a real break.. not just to get away, but some time where you're just..Bill. A man who enjoys music, fine blood and the occasional game of wii golf" she whispered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 am