For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Facing the music

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Facing the music Empty Facing the music

Post by John Quinn Tue May 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Quinn looked out the bay window of the penthouse suite. Jessica should be arriving home sometime tonight so there was no more time to wonder. He walked over to the table as he heard his phone buzz. Her flight had touched down on Rolett. She would be departing for home as soon as the sun set. He called down for a car and driver to head there. He should arrive at the house an hour or two after her so she should be settled by the time he arrived.

He ate a small meal as he had little appetite. This conversion was not one he was looking forward to but he felt it would be better for him to tell her than her find out later. He climbed into the car and sped down the road. As they drove, he pulled his phone out and typed a carefully phrased text:

~Jessica. I am glad you are home from Romania. I have been getting great reviews from your visit. I need to meet with you as soon as possible. I am going to be home in a few hours and would like to talk to you. I love you.~

He sent the message and began trying to wrap his head around what to say. Thank got the footage would show that he stopped things before they went too far. That was going to be his saving grace. He calmed his concerns with that fact as the car raced down the highway.

As an afterthought, he pulled up Kiara's number and sent brief text to her as well:
    ~Kiara. I am going to tell her. Just wanted to let you know in advance.~
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Facing the music Empty Re: Facing the music

Post by Vincent Davis Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Vincent walked in to clean the office and smelled the blood and burnt photo paper..then he saw the broken glass from the cup and frame. He looked around but there was no sign of struggle. He went to Ms. Hamby's suite but her things were gone. Something seemed wrong. He pulled out his PDA and pulled up Quinn's GPS signal. He was on his way home...good...maybe he could make sense of this...

Vincent sent a text to Quinn to bring him up to speed:
    ~Mr. Quinn, Ms. Hamby arrived home early tonight. I brought her a glass of Royal while she went over a few things for the office. I left her in your office but when I returned, she and her things were gone....and there was blood and broken glass, a broken frame and a burnt picture of the two of you. I do not understand what is going on, but thought I should tell you. I do not know Ms. Hamby's whereabouts, Sir.~
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Quinn read over the text twice.....shit. His only guess was that she had seen some of the footage and not waited for the end...or Kiara had already outed him. Either way he needed to find her. He pulled out his phone and brought up a secure access to the EEE. He activated the GPS in Jessica's necklace and hoped for the best. He forwarded the signal to the driver's route screen and told him to find the signal and take him to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:41 pm