For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Facing The Future

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Facing The Future Empty Facing The Future

Post by John Quinn Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:22 am

As the plane touched down on the runway, Quinn pulled back on the throttle. As the plane slowly rolled into the hanger, he saw several small sedans driving toward him. He made sure everything was shut down and pulled on a suit jacket, adjusting his tie before exiting the plane. He looked around and saw several black suited agents with their guns drawn waiting for him. He held out his empty hands and walked slowly down the steps and off the plane. He was not certain what this was about but he was going to have to be careful. Sunrise was soon and as he had already learned on the flight, he was starting to be more affected by his condition. He looked around and finally spotted the suit in charge. He walked slowly toward him, stopping several feet away.

"Is there some problem, Gentlemen? I just got back from an extended trip overseas so I have been a bit out of touch. I am sure anything that has come up in my absence can be resolved simply..."

The official adjusted his watch nervously as he looked over Quinn. He cleared his throat and stepped forward.

"I take it that you would be Mr. Quinn. Some allegations have been made relating to the day you left for your trip. Serious allegations. I am sorry to say it but under the Governor's Vampire Security Act, I must take you into custody. You are know to have certain business dealings with vampires and those transactions must be reviewed to make sure everything is within policy standards as a non-vampire business. Please turn around and cooperate by placing your hands behind your back."

Quinn listened, knowing that something more was going on. What had happened in his absence? What was this 'Vampire Security Act'? He needed answers and might as well let them take him somewhere he might get them. He turned, placing his hands behind him and lacing his fingers. He hissed as the cuffs touched his skin and he smelled the hair on his arm singed by the silver cuffs. The officer jumped back and looked at him in surprise.

"This guy reacts to silver cuffs like a Vamper, Sir."

The head suit looked at the burns on Quinn's skin, then looked up at him curiously.

"An unfortunate skin condition I received as a result of some rather drastic medical procedures when I was younger. The cuffs must have silver in them. My skin, and even hair reacts to something in it."

"Ah...yes....well I guess that explains it. Records show that you are not a vampire and considering the amount of UV light shining into this room, I think we would know if that were not accurate...Deputy, the tether cuffs should be fine. Mr. Quinn is being compliant and I see no reason to be heavy handed in this matter."

He motioned to the deputy and the young man slid the tether binders onto Quinn's wrists. As they clicked tight on him, Quinn chuckled quietly. The irony of the situation was amusing. If they only know how much more dangerous he was than a simple vampire. They directed him into the back of a squad car and closed the door behind him. The head suit leaned beside the window, smiling.

"This should not take too long to sort out, Mr. Quinn. Unfortunately with the time of day, we will have to take you to a holding cell until the judge can see you. I appreciate you cooperating in this. We will make a notation to that effect as well as documenting your allergy. Make sure to speak to the nurse about getting something for those marks."

As they rolled into the prison, Quinn smiled. He might even run into some old friends here. As annoyed as he was that they stripped away his suit and left him only a tank top, he laughed softly when they placed steel handcuffs on him to reinforce the binders. As they walked him down to the holding cell, he watched around him, looking for familiar faces. Once they reached the level he would be housed in, he simply looked ahead and moved where they told him to. He would bide his time for now.
    Facing The Future Faster10

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:57 am