For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Wait .. Who won the War? Violet get's Steam Punk'd

Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty Wait .. Who won the War? Violet get's Steam Punk'd

Post by Violet Rose Asher Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 pm

~ 1815 New Orleans ~

The Final battle of New Orleans in the War of 1812 was fought on both land and sea. Andrew Jackson had forged a 'Gentlemen's Agreement' with a seasoned Pirate and his small, but deadly fleet. The new Colonial States didn't stand a chance against the British Navy. That gave a seasoned but young Captain Jean~Luc an idea of how to continue with the Import/Export business he had been sharing with his older brother Pierre for a few years now. Jean~Luc approached Jackson with a plan. He would flat out lie to the British, pledging his fidelity to them, then he'd have his five Vessels flank the Navy as though they were simple cannon fodder, a buffer of protection if need be; they'd then unleash Hell itself upon the Royal Navy, very few if any would be able to list into shore. Jackson sat back wondering what Jean~Luc's motive was for the much needed help? It was a simple response "Full Pardon's for those under both my command and protection ~ open ended so long as they lived the treaty would be unbreakable." Those were the only conditions he would accept. Jackson readily agreed to the terms laid before him. Only asking that if Jackson ever needed a favor in the future it would in fact be granted. The two agreed, documents were drawn for both to sign, each signed in their own blood.

Once the Battle commenced Jean~Luc's fleet destroyed all but two of the Royal Naval ships; both made port before he could get back into shore and men on the ground. They'd out flanked the British, taking out one of the many Admirals, he didn't bother to stop and get his name. The renewed charge had Jackson and his men digging deeper, killing and pushing the enemy back, out of New Orleans, they'd either die with blood on land or in the sea. Any retreating were slaughtered by Jean~Luc and his men. All were annihilated save ten men, primarily to extract battle plans and any information they could.

Jean~Luc spied five men sneaking down towards the French Quarter, trying to escape with their tales between their legs. He knew they'd get word through and that just would NOT stand. He fought hard and with great bravado striking down three with his cutlass, before he took a ball to the side. Stunned for only a moment he withdrew his derringer killing the gunman, instantly he seared the wound in his side with the red hot barrel. Taken to his knees in blinding agony, he still held his cutlass high waiting for the last cowardly bastard to take advantage. A shot rang out, the startled look that crossed the officers facial features, that of pain and knowledge of his death flickered before he crumpled to the ground.

As the plume of black powder smoke cleared he saw a woman standing there holding a rifle. She smiled down at him "Good ya made it after all." Jean~Luc 's pain hit as the adrenaline wore off, he slipped into the abyss.
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty Re: Wait .. Who won the War? Violet get's Steam Punk'd

Post by Violet Rose Asher Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 pm

~ Jean~Luc Awakens ~
    Jean~Luc woke with a mouthful of dirt "mon Dieu!" They'd buried him alive, he lifted his heavy lids that immediately began to scratch with the earth, but caught the sight and by the smell he was buried with Pierre. Grabbing his brother by the collar of his shirt, he burst forth from the hole, both soil and clumps of grass exploded in every direction. Off to the side sat the same woman who'd saved him from the solider after he'd been shot. Wine bottle in one hand, rolled cigarette in the other which she gently drew upon every few moments, just sitting there watching… A violent raging thirst unlike any he'd known before took swift hold of Jean~Luc; Pierre had yet to move. Gently setting his brother off to the side, he took to his knees as the aching agony beyond lust, hunger, beyond the slash of a cutlass, or the searing burn of the wound, or his staunching it with the burning barrel compared to this. Hell itself had now taken up residence within his throat and belly. He felt two small pricks in his gums, raising his hand he touched one with his finger and watched in rapture as blood welled instantly, he'd in fact discovered two sharp fangs where his canines had once called home! He heard the woman whisper along the lightest of breezes almost too faint to hear "Vampyre". Spinning to face her, a snarl ripped through his throat and shown upon his face "Quelle folie est cette sorcière?" (What Madness is this Witch?) "Qu'est-ce que tu as fait pour moi?" (What have you done to me?) She stood smoothing her petticoats and skirt down before looking Jean~Luc in the eye, as her own fangs distended. "First of all, ya may call me Marie .. Then a 'Thank You' might be nice .. Jean~Luc ...I did save both ya and ya brother Pierre's lives. I gave ya both the gift of Immortality. My brave and gallant Lord." She gave a nod and curtsy "Ya and Yours saved New Orleans these last few blood soaked days. Had ya not won, we'd be hung, shoot, or in chains once more…" Pointing to his heart as she spoke "Ya've always been fair and kind Jean~Luc, stealing into the city to sell ya wares, buying up slaves to turn around and free em, offer em work, home, and hope for the first time in de lives. I've watched ya for years my Lord Pirate, ya've never taken a girl. Ya've charmed more than a few, but paid em well for their time. My own niece had been one." She winked with a soft smile. "She told me of ya passion, of ya great 'secret' ~ the fact that ya care more for ya woman's pleasure, rather than just sating ya own. She spoke of waking the next morn there lay a note of thanks, along with enough gold to end that line of work, enough to live comfortably for years, with enough to open a fine dress shop." A Crimson tear slipped down her cheek, "ya see Jean~Luc it was I who owed you a kindness… She was courted and married into a fine ole Creole family, treated as the angel she was, she had two daughters, and the youngest still runs that shop teaching her daughter in turn to one day take over the business."

He'd heard every word and he remembered 'Lizzie' well, she'd been a beautiful quiet girl, who'd not been treated well since being lured away from her family. Scared, ashamed to go back home, she'd become addicted to opium. She sought it out for both comfort and to go someplace beautiful and deep inside herself when she had a 'guest' to her room. He's spent the entire night with her, making gentle and passionate love to her over and over. Smiling he recalled each exclaim of joy, each teased whimper of need, each moan and shout of satisfaction. He also recalled the note he'd left {note} You Cher' are a very beautiful talented young woman, your family would never be upset with you little one, they would in fact be very happy to see you, know that you're alright. By talented, I meant you have a beautiful talent in both embroiderer and seamstress. You should open a shop and be sure to check in the back of that little heart pillow you keep in your nightstand. Plus chaleureuses salutations et l'amour Jean~ Luc. }
    He'd stuffed 50 gold pieces into that little pillow, and had left 20 with the note. The next Spring he'd been back into town he'd seen a busy, beautiful Lizzie; her cheeks rosy, her smile bright as she spoke with a dapper looking Creole Gent, each wearing rings. He watched as she taken the gents hand placing it under hers on her swollen belly. He'd jumped with a shocked smile before placing his hand gently back onto her belly, their first daughter. Jean~Luc smiled of the fond memory from years ago, he had been very young, but able to help the girl. Marie softly smiled "As I said both New Orleans and I owe ya a debt of gratitude." He felt warmth slide down the side of his mouth, swiping at it, blood. " Mon Dieu que vous avez fait de moi un monstre! " "NO" Marie had cut him off, "I'll explain all, then ya in turn can explain to Pierre, he should wake by tomorrow night. YOU Jean~Luc needed the greater amount of attention, ya could NOT be lost." She softened her gaze raising the wine bottle to him "First a small gift to help the scorching pain of thirst." She uncorked the bottle, the air became saturated with the sweet smell of copper and an earthy musk, mixed with the sweetest scent of rum. She handed it over as he gulped the contents down.

"Now the First thing you should know" she began as she sat back down in the grass "ya do NOT have to kill in order to drink, but you MUST drink! Actually it's best that ya don't kill, ya'll avoid detection much easier. This however" she motioned to the empty bottle in his hand "ya taste a sour after taste to it?" He nodded. "This was what I left for ya after I cut the throat of a child rapist." Marie's smile was one of satisfaction, "I get dinner and the people are a little safer this night."

"Second; the whole 'Daylight' thing? Sorry Cher' that one's true, as is fire, beheading and taking your heart. They all end with ya death. We're allergic to Silver, it burns like the devil's fire! However Garlic, Holy Water and Relics ~ Nada, nothing, they are worthless." Jean~Luc sat beside her on the grass listening in rapture to each word, the musical lilt carried with each syllable. "Ya strength and endurance ~ beyond reproach; with the exception of elder vampires. Some of us," She motioned to herself and the two men "have been blessed with a very strong lineage of blood lines. Our line is thousands of years back through the ages, and we've made usually one or at least VERY FEW progeny." Grasping his arm she lowered her voice to that of a whisper and looked deep into his gaze. "Ya MUST choose carefully, and if one is made that is already too far gone ~ if their heart no longer beats, do NOT do it." Shaking her head in memories "The result I promise ya will be costly, it will bring about a raving blood thirsty monstrosity with the mind of a two year old!" Shaking her head back in forth to lose the images. "There is more good though, All of ya senses are heightened, in time ya'll be able to take to the air, and you can already glamour humans, in a short amount of time the weaker Were's." Jean~Luc looked at her quizzically. Marie chuckled "Yes Cher', there are Were's in the world, of almost every flavor, and what we call 'Shifters', some of them are also 'Skinwalkers'." She waved her hand through the air as though to change the subject. "Now Listen Good Jean~Luc! YA MUST have somewhere that is light tight, not a single ray can get to you or touch your skin, or you'll fry! Ya HAVE ta go to ground each dawn, and if ya try to stay awake, you'll get the 'bleeds'. Blood will seep from ya facial pours, eyes, nose, ear, and mouth. Trust me Cher', it's NOT pretty. The older ya get, the earlier you'll be able to rise, so as soon as ya can find a solid house, barricade the better."

"Third, I'll share with ya now, use GREAT caution when you feed. If ya wish a little from a paramour, bite gently as though making love to a woman gently. Then prick ya finger to draw a drop of blood and apply to each fang mark. They'll heal instantly, just becareful not to take too much, and if it's a romance you'll have to give her extra protein and vegetables, you cannot feed from her more than every other day or so, and only do so sparingly, killing a love, hurts in the deepest of ways. Now, if ya wish to save a human's life who's been badly injured, slash your wrist open with your fangs and let the blood pour directly into the wound, then ya'll have to force them to drink from your wrist. They'll heal. As your Maker Jean~Luc I'll be around for the first year or so, I'll show you and teach you All that I know." Jean~Luc brought her hand to his lips and gently laid a kiss upon the back of her knuckles. "Merci' Marie." She grinned "That'll be enough of that Lord Pirate, now it's back into that hole with ya, taking ya brother Pierre back with ya. Hold ya arm over ya face and I'll cover ya back up, tomorrow dusk will be here soon enough. Good Night Jean~Luc" She'd whispered as she covered both her progeny with the earth, replacing the Sod and taking to the air to her own shelter, as dawn would becoming for them soon.
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty Pierre Wakes and Jackson's Back

Post by Violet Rose Asher Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Pierre woke the next night as Marie had predicted, both she and Jean~Luc waited patiently for Pierre to have his big 'What the Hell' moment. They'd already been out, feed on two murders, filling the wine bottle a new for Pierre. He'd been more fascinated with the prospect of immortality than Jean~Luc had been, they explained all the rules. Time moved on, Pierre had brought over five of his most trusted men as his progeny, though Jean~Luc was forced to kill three due to their blood lust and sheer stupidity.

Jean~Luc had his stronghold built on the hidden isle between New Orleans and the surrounding bays. He and Pierre had used it for years for their Import/Export business. Jean~Luc had some of the finest masons brought in from NOLA to build his small castle, one that could with stand both the test of time and the hurricanes. If he was going to be immortal he wanted someplace to call home for many years to come. The stone was thick enough to keep cooler in the warm months, and stayed about the same temp year round. Pierre teased constantly "So the great Pirate Lord has gone to your head now, has it brother?" Sadly shaking his head "No brother mine, I only wish to have a home that can stand throughout the years." Pierre seemed to have lost all his humanity in a short amount of time. He became brutal and bloodthirsty, but as long as the body count didn't add up or expose them, Jean~Luc left him be , only stepping in when needed.

Jean~Luc had been on his way one evening to visit Marie in the French Quarter when he'd run across old Hickory himself Andrew Jackson. He was several years older, but still a force to be reckoned with, he'd stopped and offered to buy him a tankard of ale. After Jackson had drank several, he'd begun to fill Jean~Luc in on the politics and news of the country. He still didn't agree with the whole slaves issue, but listened to Jackson with the patients he deserved. Jackson told him that he feared sometime in the not too distant future that the states would break apart, they'd succeed from the government as it stood. He feared that the southern states way of life, their culture, and their freedoms would be taken away, and no one would be left to stand up for them. He hadn't fought all these years to see it destroyed, and wished he were in fact a younger man, so he could lead and fight along side Jean~Luc as they had years ago. Now Jackson had been one of very few men that Jean~Luc both respected and trusted. He'd also been the only person to peak his interest in sharing his gift with, not wanting to make a mistake or misjudge what Jackson had said, he captured his gaze, instantly glamouring him, as he slowly began to question him. "Jackson, if you could receive the gift of immortality, never aging, all your physical aches and pains gone, would you accept such a gift?" Jean~Luc murmured. Jackson answered immediately with an enthusiastic "Hell Yes!" Jean~Luc lowered his voice further "even if it meant drinking the blood of humanity?" His facial features morphing into one of horror and confusion he whispered "I'd have to kill folks to survive?" Jean~Luc calmed his ally "NO, you'd not need to kill them at all, there's a way to do so without harming them. Though ridding the streets of murders and those who hurt and harm can bring a bit of satisfaction and a certain amount of justice to both feed and rid the world of scum. Would you do it then?" Jackson sat back and was deep in thought as his features changed every few seconds. Jean~Luc knew that old brain was whirling, calculating, weighing his options, just as he had in the days of old. "Well Stonewall? What do you think?" Jackson glared at him, he'd always hated that moniker. "Where do I sign and what must I do?" "Tell you what, you finish your ale and then you'll need to return to the isle with me, but only if you're sure Sir." Jackson took half a second "I'm sure, to be able to fight for our people, our country, to protect the innocent, without a doubt, yes!" Jean~Luc knew he'd chosen the correct person, the best man he'd known thus far in his life. "You'll not speak of this to anyone, Sir." As Jackson nodded, Jean~Luc broke the glamour. Returning to the isle with his progeny to be in tow, he calmly drained Jackson of his life's blood, to the point of his heart beat slowing, before ripping his wrist open on his fangs, telling him to drink. He then carried his old friend to one hidden chamber in the depths of the castle home, that now even Pierre knew of, a room of earth, hidden behind the casks of rum. He carefully lowered Jackson down into the predug hole before grabbing hold of the rope that would flip a sail full of earth over the top of them both, before dawn claimed him.

Jackson took to the lifestyle and rules of their new world with an even greater ease than that of Jean~Luc. He's also shared the kindness and sense of justice that he'd always had. His progeny was a marvel, he'd hoped where ever Marie had traveled off to, he'd like to think that she'd also be pleased with his choice.

As the years passed as quickly as flipping through the pages of a book, both men continued on their quest for justice, keeping their lives a secret. Jean~Luc did what he could to comfort his friend when his wife and children passed on, but marveled at the way he was protective of his grandchildren and soon to be great-grandchildren. Jackson wished to know the state of both the country and the world, he thought it would help him ease the grief. They agreed to meet up again when they could. Pierre had recently returned and urged Jean~Luc to travel the world with him, see what else was out there, what new innovations were being created. The brother's left the isle on their own quest as well.
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty ~ 1858 ~

Post by Violet Rose Asher Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:54 am

Jean~Luc and Pierre had returned to the isle after their trip abroad, bringing with them some of the world's greatest innovations, a head full of idea's that Jean~Luc couldn't wait to get started on the remodeling process for not only his home of stone, but the fields, everyone and everything! The two brother's stood in the remains of what had been Pierre's big fancy wood home, he'd growled at Jean~Luc "NOT ONE DAMN WORD!!" He hadn't, but he couldn't stop the laughter that had him rolling in the sand, crimson tears escaping from the corners of his eyes. They'd brought ships laden with riches as well as new crews.

Jean~Luc had drawn blue prints and detailed drawings of his visions, for all the improvements and changes that would done throughout the isle. He'd had new fresh water wells drilled for his indoor plumbing, the new boiler system that would heat the whole keep with hot water running through radiators, and using terra cotta he'd also be able to irrigate all the fields, send fresh water directly to the livestock. He'd then had an expert in the field come to the isle and drill for natural gas, using metal piping it would run to the house, heating the boiler system, providing both heat for the keep, and side piping that would allow hot water to run throughout. The last was making a new large stove for the kitchens. Every new addition had been successful, there were no injuries for which he was grateful. He and his people would now live a little easier, but he had further plans he wished to put into place.

They'd seen so much new technology throughout the world, Jean~Luc paying close attention, sketching each piece, patiently listening while it was explained how it would work; by doing so he now wanted to built engines for his flat boats to fly through the bayou's into New Orleans. He had his metal workshop make a giant fan with blades, attached the motor and what was once a 3-4 trip into NOLA, could not be done within a matter of hours. They'd enlarged the engines and added props and rudders to the ships, no one would be able to catch their fleet now. Well, if the ships Captain and crew were of the Supe variety, they'd still try to out run Jean~Luc and Pierre, the human run vessels knew better, they simply stood down and surrendered.

Jean~Luc had some suspicions that turned out to be correct once Jackson heard of their return, he rushed out to fill them in. Evidently in their absence all the Supes of the world had come out of the closet. Everyone one out of ten people were now Vampires, it was no longer a secret, no more hiding, they now had the same rights as they did when they were human men. Jackson went on to tell him of the country's unrest, that the Northern states were trying to put heavy sanctions upon the southern states, demanding that they free both their labor and blood slaves. War would be coming and soon by what he'd heard. The current president in office was sickly and as it would serve no Vampire, no one wanted him turned, the country was once again in turmoil. Jackson had spent time speaking with several brilliant young Generals who'd studied at West Point, both had fought in the war against the Mexicans and both were good, honest men. Jean~Luc now knew why Jackson had hurried out to the isle, he was seeking approval to turn the two brilliant military men. He'd also fessed up that he'd turned two wives in the years since they'd seen one another last, he'd had to kill both as they went insane with the knowledge that they could never bare children. The last one had gone to the extreme of kidnapping a baby. One night in a fit of rage of the colicky baby's cries, she'd drained it dry before breaking it's neck. Jackson had no other recourse than to behead her. He now lived on a plantation in Mississippi, owning both labor and blood slaves. The thought sickened Jean~Luc. He'd thought both Pierre and Jackson to be brother's of his heart. Had they always been callus and cruel, that he perhaps just hadn't wanted to see it?
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty ~ 1862 What do you Mean the South Won the War? ~

Post by Violet Rose Asher Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 am

The Sanctions the government placed upon the southern states and the western territories were too strict. Vampires were told it was no longer legal for them to keep blood slaves. South Carolina ended up being the first state to succeed. Ft. Sumter once used to keep the British out was now being fired upon by their own countrymen and brothers.

Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana quickly followed suit. They were able to keep all their ports open and still retained full control of the Mississippi river. Once we had that accomplished the western territories and remaining states south of the Mason-Dixon line fell in as well.

It's been discovered that the current President Lincoln, a lawyer from Indiana actually went out at night to slaughter Vampires, whether they were innocent or not. A photo had been captured of him beheading a young female Vamp on her knees, crimson tears , her hands clasped and bent in prayer, pleading for her life. THIS! THIS IS THE MAN WE WERE TO FOLLOW?!! THIS was the head of the government we'd fought so hard to keep FREE?!!

Jackson had sired both Grant and Lee several years earlier. Lee originally made the capital of the Confederate States in Richmond Virginia. Jackson convinced him to move the Capital to New Orleans. He'd also told Lee of Jean~Luc, some of his tinkering's to add to the many new machines and mechanics and inventions of wonder. Lee wanted a meeting with the famous Pirate his maker had always raved about, he was after all his grandson. The meeting was set, Lee wanted both Pierre and Jean~Luc to head his Navel forces, confident that we'd be able to handle and annihilate anything Lincoln or Grant could throw our way. "Grant? The same Grant that Jackson sired, Grant?" Jackson chuckled, "Yes, the very same, he's working as a double agent. Every blow the North suffered, only half of those casualties were from the battlefield, the rest were drained dry the moment the sun sank. There are NO POW, there are camps alright, but we're using them as holding pens to feed the Vamp Garrisons who soul purpose was the raid towns and kidnap the population, bringing them south to NOLA it self, to be auctioned off to the highest bidder, they'd either end up Labor or Blood slaves." Lee smiled and nodded along with both Jackson and Pierre, as Jean~Luc tried to keep his revulsion and the horrific images down.

The South was able to build and mine anything the North had plus more advantages thanks to the aid of several world renowned inventors and scientists, several of whom chose to be turned themselves. The first light proof, charge proof tanks came into play slowly working their way North bound. Addition tracks were built snaking through the West and northwards, faster engines, lighter and more powerful than the trains of old. The south was able to choke nearly ever route the north had relied on. The French became one of the South's strongest allies, with their help we were able to decimate both the British and Spanish fleets that dared sail over here, that dared to step in when this was domestic dispute that had been danced around for years.

The Confederate Army dealt a crushing final blow in the North ending the War after the second day of fighting in a Pennsylvania town of Gettysburg. General Sherman who's barely escaped Atlanta Georgia with his hide, after trying to set fire to some of the more prominent buildings, he hadn't counted on the female Vamps thwarting all his plans of Grandeur. Grant's duplicity reared it's ugly head as his regiments turned along with Lee's forces annihilating every last man, save Sherman. They'd dragged him all the way to Washington DC, up to the steps of the great white house that Lincoln lived in; they called him out. Once he opened the door, Lee beheaded Sherman and drop kicked the head into Lincoln's chest. Lincoln never surrendered, but the North still fell that blood soaked night; for not being a Supe he'd fought hard, beheading and dismembering with a silver edged axe. Lee and Jackson ripped him to pieces as they drained him dry, saving his severed head. They nailed his Stovepipe hat to hit head before staking the head onto a pole, buried at the bottom of the white house steps. A paper clipping was pinned to the hat proclaiming that the North had indeed fallen. The new seat of Power for the country was located in New Orleans Louisiana, Confederate States of America with a new President already elected and in office ~ Robert E. Lee, his Vice-President ~ Ulysses Grant and the Secretary of State ~ Andrew Jackson.

Pierre and Jean~Luc returned home, Pierre was given a plantation in Mississippi as his commission for a job well done. Jean~Luc refused any sort of commissions, disgusted with what had befallen the country he'd fought so fiercely for, he returned to he isle to begin upgrading his home and lands. He continued his tinkering's along with keeping a breast of the latest technology's the world had to offer. He now only visited NOLA and Pierre once a month.
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty ~ 1875 Shreveport, LA CSA A Child is Born ~

Post by Violet Rose Asher Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Jane and William Asher welcomed their only child Violet into the world on Easter Sunday of March 1875. Jane a beautiful young nineteen year old human beamed a loving smile down upon her daughter. She'd named her for her favorite flower and prayed that their monthly blood donations, her work as a seamstress, and William's work at the foundry would keep their daughter safe.

William Asher was not the smartest nor the kindest of men, but he'd fallen hard for Jane's beauty, her soft smile, kind warm heart, and her quiet nature. The woman had a talent with any craft, plant and people. She radiated light and hope. The world had changed vastly in the nineteen years Jane had spent growing up, there were very few choices available to human women in this day and age. If you didn't have any useful talents; you ended up either a slave or a prostitute. She'd learned everything she could from the grandmother who'd raised her. They'd been poor, as were most humans in that day and age, her last husband long since past, she worked harder, but her granddaughter had been her greatest joy in her later years. Jane had learned about herbs, plants and flowers early on; How to dry and preserve them, how to cook and bake with little to no ingredients, how to extract the most flavor from anything. She learned all there was to know about caring for animals and when it came time, how to utilize every single part of the animal, nothing ever went to waste. She'd learned to sew, embroider, crochet, and knit as most woman did; but they'd also kept a small flock of sheep along with an acre of cotton. Her grandmother had taught her how to carefully shear the wool, card it the fibers and then spin them into yarn and string, to weave, knit and crochet. She'd shown Jane which flowers and plants when added to simmering water would dye the brightest or softest of color palettes in both wool and cotton. They took their wares into the market in Shreveport every month. Once Jane turned twelve, she became a registered blood donor. That became part of the tax due, as well as ten percent of anything they sold. When Jane was seventeen, the Were in charge of the blood donations grabbed her, groping and tried to accost her; Jane had cried out, her grandmother had hit the Were with her cane. He'd dropped Jane and spun, backhanding the frail older woman without thought or care, breaking her neck and cracking her skull with just that one blow. Jane horrified and heartbroken cried over the body of the only Mother, only family she'd ever known. William had gathered Jane into his arms, as the Were had thrown a bag of silver at her feet as he'd carelessly scooped the dead woman up barking orders to drain the woman before her blood cooled. Jane in an inconsolable amount of shock and grief allowed William to take her to her home. He'd been penniless and recently escaped the life of a Labor slave. He'd pledged his love and protection to Jane, before he forced himself on her that first time. She'd had no other choice but to marry him.

When Violet came, Jane started to speak her mind. Making William promise to protect and love Violet at ALL costs. That Violet would have the life of her choosing NO MATTER WHAT! He swore it. Throughout the next ten years William had lost the few jobs he'd been able to find. Jane worked twice as hard, teaching Violet everything she'd learned. William turned to drink in solace, since his wife spent every waking moment with the child Violet.

The day Violet turned twelve she was registered as a blood donor. The same Were that had killed Jane's grandmother, took William to the side and offered him gold for Violet. He'd refused and laughed drunkenly sharing the encounter on the way home that evening with both Jane and Violet. Jane was horrified, enraged and shocked; both parents knew their daughter was a radiant beauty, even more so than her mother. She was slowly becoming a young woman, maturing faster than the other girls. Her eyes aquamarine sparkled with merriment and light framed by long lashes, her cheeks rosy, her lips full and rosy as her cheeks. Golden bouncing curls hung near the small of her back, the sun turning them even lighter every summer. Upon their return home Jane spoke to William in hushed tones, she demanded that he take Violet to work with him at the foundry. Jane would tailor some of William's smaller clothes to dress Violet as a boy. She then braided Violet's hair tight to her head before covering her hair in a mixture of soot, steeped chicory and ash. Each day her mother would smudge her face and neck with soot and ash, to try and mask her glow, pulling a large hat over her hair, and reminding her each day to keep her eyes down, not to smile at anyone, and to work as hard as she could.
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty ~ 1889 Shreveport ~

Post by Violet Rose Asher Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Violet now fourteen had returned home from work with her father after an exhausting day and the nasty foundry. It'd been market day, and Jane should have been home hours ago. Knowing something was immediately wrong they left following the road Jane would have taken. They'd found no clues along the way, calling out for her the entire trip, William constantly wringing his hands before taking long pulls from his whiskey bottle. Just prior to reaching the Market area William turned on Violet venomously spitting out " IF ANYTHING HAPPENED TO MY JANE ~ IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!" Taking another drink, he tipped the bottle up pouring the remainder of the rotgut whiskey down his gullet. "HUSH FATHER!" Violet whispered in strained fear. Swinging the bottle wide he connected with Violet's shoulder. "Don't You SASS me Girl! You can't even pass for a 'pretty' boy anymore! Covered in ash and soot covering you from head to toe, dumbass hat pulled low, Hell you can barely breath as it is with all the DAMN binding under that corset! Why the Hell did God curse me with a Girl?!!" Tears stinging her eyes, she smacked his arm "Hush, before we're caught you damn drunken old fool!! If anything happens YOUR DRUNK ASS will be the DEATH OF US ALL!!" He snorted as she continued in a hushed fury "IF it were not for ME doing the work of TWO MEN, you'd have been fired from that Hell hole long ago!!" William grabbed his daughter's upper arm, spinning her around to him, backhanding her with a closed fist striking her cheek and jaw, splitting her lip along with the immediate intense swelling of her cheek and eye; both would be black by morning. She didn't dare cry out, though she longed to beat the angry drunk out of her father, she knew the beating would be ten times worse. He'd always told Jane that Violet was clumsy, frequently getting injured at work. She'd actually only been injured once at work, the day she had to work along side her father. The drunk ass had splashed molten Silver onto her chest. The searing burn had been bad, all she could do was pull the Silver free of the wound and slather it with the burn salve they kept on hand. She'd played down the injury, as she dared not bare her chest to the foreman to check. Once she'd gotten home that night, her mother had removed the old salve and added one of her own, it sped the healing process and numbed a great deal of the pain. Violet had a little leather bound journal that she kept wrapped in oil skin, hidden in the barn, all of the salves and knowledge she'd acquired from her mother lay within those pages. Jane had told her that the scar that remained was a blessing from God. It'd healed into the shape of a perfect heart, right above her left breast. The only scar tissue was the slightly raised outline of the heart, within lay the 'new' shiny pink skin.

Violet hadn't caught sight of the breath taking beautiful Vamp couple that had heard and seen everything transpire from the shadows. The female Vamp wanted to rip the drunk to shreds, she wanted to protect the brave little blonde, disguised under all that soot and sweat of hard labor, adamant to find her mother. "Eric, that blonde woman the Were raped and killed, it's the girls mother!" The male turned to her "Yes Pam, I was here as well, we're here to get new slaves, not interfere in the "V" addicted beasts affairs." She cocked her head, glaring at him with her hand upon her hip. "YOU know DAMN well that bastard of a father will either kill her or sell her for whiskey. She's a smart practical girl, who can obviously work hard. We're either buying her or taking her with us. She's not going through what I did before you found me. NOT FUCKING HAPPENING!! GOT IT!?!" He looked at her determined passion that flickered across her face. Truth be told, he'd thought the same thing though he'd never admit it aloud. He wanted to kill the father himself and though the child smelled, he also could see the beauty beneath, adding both her strength and determination she would prove to be a valuable asset to them. She'd definitely draw more customers into their bar. Eric rolled his eyes at Pam "let's see how this unfolds before we get involved." A sly grin crossing his face, hoping the Were would rip the man to shreds, if not he and Pam would have a snack.
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty ~ Violet's New Life ~

Post by Violet Rose Asher Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:11 am

Violet strutted into the market place calling out her mother's name "JANE?" Stopping and asking a few of the familiar vendors "Have you seen my mother Jane Asher? She never made it home, PLEASE any information would be greatly appreciated." She pulled a silver piece from her pocket, "I'd be happy to give you what I can for your troubles.." One of the older couples came hobbling up, the woman motioning her to come closer. Violet hurried to meet the woman, pressing the silver piece into her palm as she grasped her hand with both of hers. The woman looked up into Violet's gaze, tears in her eyes, red and swollen from recent tears shed. "My dear sweet Violet," she began, tears falling freely now, her husband beside her in a moment, head bent, his hat in his hands. Violet gasped, panic and horror flooding her veins "PLEASE, please tell me she's just injured, she was just robbed right?" Violet frantically looked between the two "PLEASE, PLEASE tell me she's okay!!" The old woman shook her head, tears still falling. Though Violet's bottom lip and chin began to tremble, fury, rage and the urge to kill raced through her body. Spitting out through her teeth "WHO? WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE IS SHE?!! WHO.DO.I.NEED.TO.KILL?!! Trembling, as she swiped away the tears from her face. "PLEASE, I need to know WHO would hurt my kind mother? She sacrificed any chance at happiness to keep me safe, PLEASE!!" The old woman just shook her head "It's for that reason alone I cannot tell you." Stepping back from the woman she screaming in agonizing rage "IS NO ONE HERE BRAVE ENOUGH TO STEP FORWARD TO TELL ME WHO MURDERED MY MOTHER JANE ASHER!!!" Scanning around those left at the market, each only lowered their heads and eyes shaking their heads. "FUCKING COWARDS!!" She spat on the ground, hands clenched into fists, knuckles cracking under the strain, her teeth grinding harder as she fought to control her rage "I KNOW FOR A FACT SHE HELPED each one of YOU, on more than one occasion!! THIS, THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY THAT KINDNESS?!! EVERYONE OF YOU DISHONOR'S HER MEMORY!!"

"Enough!" came a stern female voice from the shadows, "Calm yourself little one, I'll tell you what happened." She stepped forward, Violet's face dropped a little as she tried an awkward curtsy. "Forgive me Madam. I did not mean to disturb you and your companion, I only wished to find my beloved mother." Pam smiled at the gesture, she'd been right, there was much more to this girl. "Oh for Fuck's sake, rise and speak you mind child!" Violet rose looking at Pam's cheek, but not meeting her gaze. "Please, tell me all you know of my Mother, what befell her, and where .. Where her body is…." She took another breath to try and calm herself in front of the Vamp couple. Pam smiled gently and spoke with as much compassion as she could muster, "The Were who over see's the Market, he waited until dusk, bringing your Mother a large bag of Silver. He'd said he wished to buy the few remaining pieces as well as your mother's company." Teeth clenched and grinding, her body shaking with fury Violet glanced around for the Were, as Pam continued, "She politely told him NO, she'd take what she had left home, that her time and company could not be bought, other than by her daughter's smile." A crimson tear slipped down the Vamps cheek, "I can see why now" she whispered. "He didn't like that answer, he picked your mother up threw her over his shoulder and took her to the cotton and wool barn. She fought him, before the screams began. Her neck appeared to be broken when he carried her lifeless body out, dropping her on top of the dead Blood donors cart there. He threw a bag of Silver into your Mother's basket before going to the Tavern. I did not see him leave, but I did pick up the Silver to hold for her Violet, you must be she?" Pam asked gently. Violet nodded and she curtsied before Pam and Eric. "Thank you for being upfront and honest with me. If you'd be so kind as to excuse me, I have a murderous Were to KILL!" Pam grabbed her arm in a vise like grip. "YOU cannot child, he'll kill you as well." Taking a step back Violet looked her in the eye. "He's the same bastard that killed my Great-Grandmother, when he pushed his unwanted attentions onto my Mother when she was my age. This might be my only chance, Madam I beg of you release me!" Pam nodded, stepping back watching as every soul there did, Violet strode to her Mother's cart retrieving a small scythe and black powder pistol. As she made way to the Tavern she heard her Father scream out "Where is she? My Jane, where is she?" Violet yelled back at the stumbling drunk that was her father. "She's DEAD, you worthless old DRUNK!" He yelled back "I knew you'd be the death of her! Now that she's gone our pact is broken, I'll sell you off as a slave and be rid of you!" She continued to the Tavern before slipping a feral smile over he shoulder as she forced out through clenched teeth, "TRY IT! I'll slit your throat before you get the chance!" Stepping across the threshold the door slammed behind her, the piano playing a lively tune, but half the patrons turned to stare at the noise. The Bartender spoke first "Son, what ever your business here, please surrender your weapons or take it outside." Violet tugged her hat off, shaking her long braids down. "I do not wish to disturb you or your business Sir, I do however wish to call out the Fucking Cowardly Were who raped and murdered my Mother Jane Asher not a few hours earlier this evening!" The bartender just nodded, pointing above him as all the color drained from his face. Violet knew the upstairs rooms were the 'Brothel' end of business. She'd heard a growl, as she motioned the bartender to move to one side of the bar. Taking a deep breath, "MARCUS! YOU FUCKING MANGY DOG!! SHOW YOUR COWERDLY FACE!!" He'd burst through the door in full wolf form, pausing for a moment before leaping. She'd taken the pause to quickly back a few paces, taking aim at the middle of the bar. She firing the moment his paws left the wood, hitting him square in the chest. He morphed back into a man as he hit the floor, blood spurting from his mouth as he spoke, "Jane, oh my sweet Jane. I'd waited years to take her both as a man and as a wolf!" His cold sneer "I also promised her I'd be your first too precious Violet!" He spat blood as he started to sit up slowly, dashing forward scythe raised to behead him, she was stopped with a vise like grip around her wrist, forcing her to drop the weapon. It was the female Vamp Pam, "You can't kill him, he's one of Lee's Were's, they'll have you killed for treason." She watched as Pam stabbed his chest with the Stiletto of her heeled boot, before picking up the scythe removing Marcus' right hand, then stomping his sac, crushing both testicles like over ripe grapes. Screaming in pain he stared daggers into Violet "If it's the last thing I do, I'll see you dead you little bitch!" Pam laughed, Eric joined in on the chuckle as he spoke slow and low "That'll be hard to accomplish MUTT, I just bought Violet!" She looked stunned in silent shock but nodded when Pam looked at Violet. "We could always use someone loyal, trust worthy and passionate about defending what's theirs. You fit that bill pretty nicely kid. That and Pam wouldn't shut up until we were going to take you with us." He smirked, "You'll see, she can be pretty demanding. Oh, sorry to tell you kid, your father's dead as well." Pam and Violet looked at Eric "What? I gave him a bag of gold for you and he tried to stake me. So I took the gold back, told him I hoped he rotted in hell and broke his neck." Pam looked at Eric before sighing "Alright I've had enough of this shit for one night, can we go now?" Eric nodded before offering his arm to Violet and Pam. "You're coming with us kid."
    Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty ~ Well YAY a Happy Ending ~

Post by Violet Rose Asher Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:11 am

Violet worked herself to the bone each and everyday and evening for her new 'Owners'. Both were happy with their new purchase, Pam did however take her aside several times and tell her that she didn't need to push herself so hard. "Violet, you do a fantastic job, the customers love you, though they want to sample, as long as you bare our cuff, you're good kiddo." She nod and smile, though four years had passed since her Mother's death, and she began her new life, as a young woman for once, she was still growing accustom to it. She knew she was safe, she was surrounded by Vampires but she wasn't allowed to be touched. Not only that, she was paid a wage, though she had to keep that part quiet. The Cuff was a Silver bracelet only the owner could remove; however Pam didn't like the way it looked and had one made of titanium and silver, it looked nicer, and Violet wouldn't accidently burn the customers, unless she wished too. When she'd first agreed to go with them, she'd assumed their bar was in Shreveport, but no it was in fact located in New Orleans, in the French Quarter. There was so much hustle and bustle in the busy streets, markets, shops and taverns. This was the Nation's Capital after all. The one thing she hated, detested was the Slave auctions, it didn't matter whether it was Labor slaves of Blood slaves, no human should have to be treated in such a manner, but that was the way of the world these days. Violet was kept sheltered within the safe rooms under the bar, off from where Eric and Pam slept during the day. She always made sure to stay where Pam had instructed, as she'd assured her it was for her own safety, not that they didn't want her to have freedom. Pam had taken her shopping every couple of months, telling her to pick out any garments that she wished. When Violet had looked at the prices of each, she immediately told her, just simple trousers and shirts would be more than sufficient. Pam had laughed "No beautiful young lady in our bar is going to be in boy's clothes! Go pick out any colors that catch your eye, pick out dresses, skirts, corsets and shoes, a girl's got to have a wonderful selection of boots and shoes!" She'd always say that, Violet finally stopped arguing with her about paying with her wages. Pam would just shush her and tell her to hid her money, that a girl had to have a rainy day just in case supply.

Once a month President Lee, Vice-President Grant and Jackson would come in with a stunningly handsome Vampire, she'd learned after the first two years that his name was Jean-Luc, that he'd once been a Pirate and was a trusted friend of the Power hungry President. Pam tried to keep her hidden in the basement rooms when they'd visit, as all but Jean-Luc had a nasty habit of draining the Blood Donors dry, or hurting the girls quite badly. She'd snuck up the stairs twice in the past to gaze upon the face that had haunted her dreams for months. No one else noticed her with the blood flowing freely, but he'd seen her both times. Would smile very quick and then look away with a frown. The last six months had been different though, Jean-Luc was coming in at least once a week by himself, sipping only from the bottled blood, he never once asked for a blood donor. He'd started sitting directly at the bar two months back now. Smiling always with the softest smile, he'd ask little questions. He'd wondered if She'd liked it here, she'd light up telling him in hushed tones how nice everyone was to her, and last week, she'd told him that no one ever drank from her, other than the blood donations she was still required to give, that had intrigued him greatly. Frightened that she might get Pam in trouble for her kindness, she grasped his hand one night, looking him in the eye "PLEASE, please Jean-Luc, Er .. Sir, PLEASE don't say a word to anyone. I couldn't live with the thought of getting Pam or Eric, my owners into trouble, they've been so kind to me!" He gently patted her hand, still held in his, looking her in the eye, "Cher I've no wish to see any harm or misfortune fall upon your head. Not a word will be repeated, I promise on my honor."

Jean-Luc was enamored with the sweet angel that worked at the Tavern. He had been since the moment he'd first spied her sneaking a peek at the top of the stairs. He'd grinned at her daring, making sure to look away with a scowl, as he knew his progeny would see her as nothing more than a warm meal and nice roll. The longer time went on, he patiently began to get closer to her, stopping by every week, sitting at the bar, asking her questions to open up to him. He hadn't felt anything akin to romantic amorous stirring in years. He'd spoke with Eric on one occasion, offering to buy her from them, but he'd been told the girl was not for sale. He'd assumed perhaps there was a romantic connection already in play and had dropped the subject. Her heartfelt plea that he not speak of her owner's kindness however gave him pause, perhaps he wasn't the only Vamp still left with compassion for humans. He noticed that she never bore bite marks, only the faint scar in her elbow from blood donations and a rather unique heart shaped scar above her left breast. He'd gone home that night, and for the first time in over 75 years, he'd dreamt. That little blonde angel who gently held his arm, he woke the next night, determined to find out more information. He wanted Violet for himself, as much more than she was.

Pam had noticed months ago that Jean-Luc was very interested in her Violet. She'd been very Leary of him at first, but he seemed to genuinely show a great deal of caring interest in her. Eric had told her he'd offered to buy Violet, and he had done so with great respect, in no way as a leach nor just for a romp was the way Eric had put it, he'd laughed and told Pam if he didn't know better, he'd think the Vamp was in love with their little Violet. She'd dug into Jean-Luc's affairs to see what she could find. She'd come up with an astonishing fact, that though he 'bought' slaves, every single one of them were actually in his employment, they were given homes, security and wages. The Vamp didn't keep any blood slaves, and he didn't frequent any of the brothels around the city. He'd never been married, nor carried on any sort of Romantic affairs. Hell, she'd run off with him if she could! Pam waited that evening for Jean-Luc to show, asking him to step around the corner, they needed to have a 'chat'.

Pam stopped, turning to Jean-Luc "Ok, I need to know, what is your interest in Violet? You want to drain her, fuck her, what's the deal?" Jean-Luc was surprised by her frankness then offended by the way she spoke of his angel, anger rolled off him in waves "Madam, please have a care how you speak of the lady Violet." Pam smiled softly "Good, that's what I thought, you do have strong feelings for the girl, do you not? I can't let her be harmed by anyone, I will NOT allow it! That child has suffered more in her short life than most, and still has a heart of gold." Jean-Luc's brow shot up "I do indeed Madam, honestly haven't felt this way in years, and not this greatly in my existence. I tried to buy her, I thought that the only way, but perhaps it'd be more appropriate to ask you for her hand?" Pam's smile fell into one of disbelief "What? Her hand? You want to marry her? You know that sort of thing isn't done!" He smiled gently before continuing "Pam, yes I do wish for her to be mine, but only as a bride, only if she agrees and the law doesn't not stand on my isle." Winking at her with a grin "Kind of a nice thing that the president and his men are my progeny, don't you think? You know well, all I have to mutter is 'As your Maker I command you' and their putty in your hands. No one fucks with me or my isle, and I stay quiet, letting them have some of their laws. Believe it or not, I've stopped some rather nasty one's from becoming a reality. So, what say you, may I ask her?" Pam saw the light in his eye, he spoke the truth, she nodded "You may ask, but it is Violet's decision whether or not she wishes to accept. If she says no, you need to let her be, can you agree to that?" Grinning at the positive response "Yes, whatever she wishes, I will abide by." Pam grabbed his arm giving his back a playful shove. "Well, then get your ass in there and ask away Romeo!" He chuckled "I can see why she's so protective of you as well."

Violet lit up once she saw Jean-Luc walk through the door, a large grin upon his face. Pam followed him in, her eyes shiny but a soft smile beamed at her. Jean-Luc strode forward to the bar "Violet, have you any champagne behind that bar?" She looked at him puzzled for several seconds "You can drink, Er I meant you wish to drink Champaign?" He nodded with a grin "I can, but I have a question for you first, if you have the time?" She looked at Pam before answering, Pam nodded her smile growing wider. "Yes, what is your question Jean-Luc?" She grinned up at him, all the fanciful dreams danced through her head of what she'd love for him to ask, but waited patiently knowing no such thing would happen. "My dearest angel Violet, would you do me the honor of marrying me?" Her euphoric smile could not be with held, nor her bubby joy of laughter than followed, but again, she looked to Pam first, whispering "May I?" Pam nodded her smile wide, crimson tears threatening to spill over "If that's what you would like Violet, yes dear one, you have our blessing." She studied Jean-Luc for a moment before breaking that beaming smile out once more "Yes, I would like that more than anything Jean-Luc!" Picking her up behind the bar, he held her to him for the first time, her scent had always intoxicated him, but this close, it was beyond what he'd dreamt. Pam had helped Violet pack her belongings, giving her a Steamer Trunk to pack them away in, patting the leather bound journal on top of her things along with her bags of silver and gold. Looking at the journal, she broke into tears throwing her arms around Pam in thanks "How did you know? How did you find this? " She smirked "You talk in your sleep kiddo!" Chuckling "We didn't have the heart to tell you, I was waiting for the right time to give it to you. I'm thinking this would be that time. Have no fear either, Jean-Luc is a Vamp of his word, his feeling are pure and true. He loves you as much as you do him. You don't think I'd let you run off with just anyone did you?" Violet shook her head, lump in her throat whispering "Thank you for everything Pam." Laughing "You're getting married and living on an isle, not the moon, I'll be seeing you around kiddo!" Winking, she grabbed the trunk carrying it up the stairs as though it weighed no more than a feather, out the back door where Jean-Luc waited with his horseless carriage that was all the rage, though his looked different than most, it was quiet, it didn't sputter. Pam stopped for a moment "How will you get her out of the city and out to the island?" Jean-Luc pulled three things from his pocket a ring of gold, a cuff of titanium and pearls, and a choker necklace of titanium. Pam took each as Violet gasped "It's too much!" "Hush Violet, your husband to be is giving you the safest of passages." As she placed each new piece on, "I assume you'll be taking your airboat back out?" Jean-Luc smiled and nodded, as he clasped the choker around Violet's neck. "Of course, I'd like to get home before dawn! We'll marry tomorrow evening, if you'd like to join us for the ceremony?" Pam chuckled "You'd better have one of those contraptions waiting for me, and you'd better not start before I get there!" Hugging Violet tightly "Have a wonderful life my little Violet, I knew the right person would see your light, just as I did." Once Violet was settled into the carriage, Jean-Luc climbed in beside her, a deep husky rumble "Ready to start your life love?" The moment she nodded Violet woke sitting up in her bed, looking around in disbelief "OH HOLY HELL!" She whispered to herself. The face of her Jean-Luc was that of Daniel, if he'd been a Pirate with long hair. Realizing something for the first time in months, she did have feelings for Daniel, her Daniel!

Sponsored content

Wait .. Who won the War?  Violet get's Steam Punk'd Empty Re: Wait .. Who won the War? Violet get's Steam Punk'd

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 am