For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Girl talk...

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Girl talk... Empty Girl talk...

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:33 am

Kiara had left the guest bedroom after a lengthy ammount of sleep. It was maybe around 3am and the mansion was very quiet. Marie still followed her like a hawk, with this strange look on her face. Like a mixture of anger and disappointment that Kiara couldn’t really place.

She slowly made her way to the kitchens were Martin was still, watching a small tv and just relaxing. He’d usually be making her a meal by now but since she’d been asleep he’d had plenty of downtime. As soon as the doors to the kitchen opened he turned around and gasped.

“Miss Griffen what happened to your face?” he asked in initial shock to her bruises. She smiled softly. “Wolves don’t get along with other wolves Martin, remember that” she said as she sat down.

“you deserved it” muttered Marie. Kiara quirked a brow, her sensitive hearing picking up Marie’s comment but Marie pretended not to have said anything so Kiara didn’t press the matter. “Well Miss Griffen, aside from some ice for that bruise, what can I get ya?” he asked. Martin had always been nice to her once he’d gotten over the fact she wasn’t human. A fact that seemed to irritate Marie more as she just stood there like a very annoying teacher.

“Surprise me Martin…I’m starving” she said with a good natured smile. Martin began to cook something that quickly smelled delicious and made her stomach cramp in need. Damn those drugs, they drained her enough she could eat a horse. Marie kept glancing at her and it soon began to get annoying.

“Something wrong Marie?" asked Kiara, finally growing tired of the glances. Marie wrinkled her nose as if she’d smelled something foul.

“You shouldn’t be here” she said after a lengthy pause. Kiara was confused at that, but before she could ask for an explanation Marie continued. “Why are you here anyways? The king doesn’t need you” she said. Ok now that hurt and Kiara was more confused as she could smell the hatred and animosity coming from Marie.

“Bill said I could stay” said Kiara, unsure where this was going. Marie crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. “How can you even say his name after what you did?” she asked, her voice getting a bit shrill now. Kiara gave her a confused look and Marie seemed to get irritated at that.

“You betrayed him you whore!” she yelled finally. That got Martin’s attention who turned around to look at them. Kiara sighed as she finally identified the scent coming off Marie. A mixture of jealousy, hatred and longing. It seemed that Marie did have feelings for Bill that went further than a work relationship. Kiara sighed. She was too drained emotionally to lash out at Marie and frankly the woman hadn’t done anything wrong, yet.

“You’re right Marie… I did betray him, and I am a whore but it’s his decision whether or not I stay or leave” she said calmly, surprised she wasn’t lashing out. Guess beating Sawyer to within an inch of his life then passing out under a tranq had mellowed her out enough. She stood and left the kitchen, not wanting Marie to keep making a scene in front of Martin who was looking very confused. Instead she walked out to the den where there was no one.

“You’re not fit to be here! You….you… you made everything worse!” she yelled. Kiara shrugged. “Maybe I did Marie, who knows. Bill is free to take my life as recompense if it would make things better” she said softly. Marie didn’t seem satisfied with that. “He…he’d been so happy. Happier than I’d ever seen him and you went and fucked everything up. You couldn’t keep your legs closed around other men, let alone the ones HE hired to protect you”

“Well Marie seems you overheard wrong. My betrayal comes from my past, years before I even knew Bill existed” said Kiara as she ran her hands through her hair.

“Stop calling him that! He is “King” or “Sir”. You’re not fit to say his name” spat Marie. “Why don’t you just go back to the hole you crawled out of and leave him alone already?!”

Kiara sighed. “Is that why you hate me Marie? Because you believe I stole him from you?” she asked. Marie just looked indignantly at Kiara. “No I hate you because you’re a fucking whore who hurt a good man” she hissed. Kiara shook her head, the scent coming off Marie saying otherwise. Marie loved Bill, maybe more than Kiara estimated and even though a part of her said to beat the woman and show that Bill was hers, she no longer knew where she stood. Maybe Bill would be better off with a human like Marie, someone devoted to him. Like everyone else before her, Marie was quick to judge her actions. No one would understand the hell she lived through, the emptiness inside. Where she would have given anything for 5 minutes of not hurting, even if meant sleeping with questionable men. Maybe that did make her a whore, maybe it did make her unfit to be around Bill, but until he said otherwise she would stay, much to Marie’s distaste.

“Well Marie, when Bill returns do feel free to tell him my many moral shortcomings” began Kiara, despite a part of her hurting deeply right now at Marie’s words. “Tell him the whore I really am. Maybe he’ll listen to you instead and finally discard me where I belong” she said before she walked back upstairs, her hunger forgotten, unshed tears threatening the corners of her eyes.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am