For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Fighting For My Attention this Christmas

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Fighting For My Attention this Christmas Empty Fighting For My Attention this Christmas

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:12 pm

*It's almost Christmas....I sent my Mama a Christmas card, and didn't hear from her. I am not surprised by this....I am more then sure she is to busy rattling on about Jesus to anyone who'll listen to her....still I wish her the best. I finally found a way to get rid of Felix thank god, Cupid ain't got no business being anywhere around for Christmas, I write in my journal as I hear a knock on the door.*

"Who is it?"

"It's Alex, you were expecting me."

"I am, enter."

*His blond hair is in small locks, tightly to his head, and he is wearing a mischievous smile, he's also shirtless, his body is firm, and toned, his blue eyes peer up at me.*

"I figured we'd skip the small talk, and just get down to what we both wanted."

*I like him, I've seen him around the club, he's new and fresh....been turned recently, and a bad-ass in his own mind, nothing scares him, I like that about him....he's also respectful, which wins him some points, but mostly he isn't Felix.....and he doesn't mind when I ask him not to stay the night, I nearly had to fire Felix, when I hired Alex, after Fangtasia closed Felix assumed he was coming home with me, I don't know why, I never told him, he and his big head was coming over, me and my mistake of sleeping with him to often, when I told him it wasn't happening, and he saw I was taking Alex home, he started a fight. Alex is a new vampire, but he didn't back down, stupid move I know.....careless....but something about it won me over, I broke-up the fight and then told Felix he would never be coming back to my home again, instead I took Alex home....he leaves after we're done, no showers or begging, as a matter of fact it's kind nice to not have to worry about a man trying to take over. Felix wouldn't stop thought, kept pushing, and pushing and Alex would push back....he's fearless almost to the point of stupidity. I know I shouldn't encourage it, but these days it's not like I have exactly a bunch to do, I would kill for some company. Someone I knew, just so these days aren't so pointless, I'm about to go feed, my puppies and get ready to go out, and get myself a little something to eat, when there is a knock at the Cabin's door, I look to see who it is, and it's Alex, he's standing there with a Christmas tree, and a smirk, he has a box under the tree, I open the door.*

"Am I to late, lovely?"

"For?"

*I ask confused....did we have a date or something I was unaware of, making.*

"For the Christmas tree? You're here alone? No, that simply won't do.....no one spends Christmas alone....did you set you're tree up yet?"

*I must have looked to him, like someone punched me in the mouth, or something, he smiles and lightly touches the side of my face, I let him, his skin is soft and always smells like fresh pomegranate.*

"I didn't really think about it."

*I say to him.*

"Well then I am glad I came by, may I?"

*He asks, and I nod as he comes in with the tree and a box under it.*

"Ornaments lov.....I came prepared."

*I smile like a child....it's something so simple, and yet it makes me so happy for some stupid reason.....maybe this years Christmas won't suck.*

"You know I wanted to tell you to go away, but you're entirely to adorable."

*He smiles brightly and puts a Santa hat on.*

"That was the plan....glad it worked."

"Get you're cute ass in here, and let's find a place for that tree....maybe you'll even get to stay the night."

*He doesn't answer, but his smile is wider, I don't even see Felix at the end of the driveway, looking like a lost puppy staring over at the cabin, as he throws a small box into the trash....small pools of red in his eyes.*

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:30 am