For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Opening

Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Opening

Post by Tolvin Richter Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:02 pm

"Egó̱ poté den tha í̱tan tóso éntoni̱ í̱ alazónes ó̱ste na periménoun apó esás na kánete káti tétoio se af̱tó to chó̱ro . Af̱tí̱ í̱tan perissótero énas trópos gia na échoun éna próso̱po gia na thései to ónoma , gia tous dyo mas . Écho̱ akoúsei tósa pollá gia sas óti eícha ypothései óti eíche milí̱sei gia ména . Íso̱s ékana láthos sti̱n paradochí̱ af̱tí̱ . den boró̱ na milí̱so̱ gia tis prothéseis ti̱s o̱s tétoia den eínai i̱ thési̱ mou . écho̱ kánei aísthi̱si̱ mou gia gno̱stoús ti̱s tóso ti̱s kai se esás . Ti sas érchetai apó af̱tó tha prépei na periménoume na doúme . Eán eíste próthymoi na exetásoume ti̱n idéa , tha í̱thela na sas zi̱tí̱so̱ na apéchoun apó ti̱n krísi̱ mia prospátheia anoígmatos o̱s mia mikrí̱ timí̱s . Ótan ró̱ti̱sa gia af̱tí̱ ti̱ synánti̱si̱ , í̱tan tóso óti tha boroúsa na milí̱so̱ gia sas apó ta synaisthí̱matá mou kai na krýpsei típota . Oi ero̱tí̱seis sas epitáchyne ti̱ syzí̱ti̱si̱ , típota perissótero . páli , tha í̱thela na zi̱tí̱so̱ óti den tha krínoume ta prágmata gia tó̱ra , kai na kratí̱sei móno éna anoiktó myaló gia to méllon . An thymámai so̱stá apó to chróno mou sti̱n Athí̱na , eínai mia paliá parádosi̱ pou énas ánthro̱pos boreí na zi̱tí̱sei mia chári̱ apó kápoion pou mólis synantí̱thi̱kan . to móno ófelos tha í̱thela na zi̱tí̱so̱ eínai i̱ ypomoní̱ kai ti̱n anochí̱ sas gia éna chronikó diásti̱ma méchri ti̱n próso̱po me próso̱po synánti̱si̱ boreí na programmatisteí . Óso gia ti̱n kóri̱ sas na eínai mystikopathí̱s , eínai i̱ elpída mou óti nió̱thei ópo̱s egó̱ kai den échei móno ta lógia se af̱tó akóma . Íso̱s ótan miláte mazí ti̱s , boreíte na férete ti̱ sképsi̱ . "
    "I would never be so bold or arrogant as to expect you to do something like that over this venue. This was more a way to have a face to put to the name, for both of us. I have heard so much about you that I had assumed that she had spoken of me. Perhaps I was wrong in assuming this. I cannot speak for her intentions as such is not my place. I have made my feeling for her known to both her and to you. What comes from that will have to wait to be seen. If you are willing to consider the idea, I would ask that you refrain from judging an attempt at openness as a slight of honor. When I asked for this meeting, it was so that I could speak to you of my feelings and hide nothing. Your questions accelerated the conversation, nothing more. Again, I would ask that you not judge things for now, and only keep an open mind for the future. If I remember properly from my time in Athens, it is an old tradition that a man may ask one favor of someone they have just met. The only favor I would ask is your patience and tolerance for a time until the face to face meeting can be planned. As for your daughter being secretive, it is my hope that she feels as I do and has just not put words to it yet. Perhaps when you speak with her, you can bring up the thought."
    Bastiaan Petrakis
    Bastiaan Petrakis

Post by Bastiaan Petrakis Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm

He listened as Tolvin gave him a lengthy speech about his feelings and his honor. Slowly raising a brow when he mentioned the old traditions from Athens, knowing what he was referring to. He bowed his head once and sighed.

"Polý kalá ." (Very Well) He stared at Tolvin for a few moments, a few silent moments. "Tha prépei na sévontai ti̱n apofasistikóti̱tá sas ." (I must respect your determination.) He was silent again for a while before the sound of a cell phone went off. He spoke in Greek as he answered it and only made sounds. After he hung up, he cleared his throat and spoke again.

"Parakaleíste na eni̱meró̱sete Rochelle tha ti̱s ti̱lefo̱ní̱so̱ sýntoma ." (Please inform Rochelle I will call her soon.) He turned off his end of the video chat and stood, checking the magazine in his Taurus 845 before holstering it and speaking into the hidden microphone in his sleeve. He had a job to do and this thing with his daughter would unfortunately have to wait.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:04 pm

She sighed and scooped up a big scoop of Rocky Road ice cream, watching the tv that was playing in the kitchen. She swung her legs as they dangled from where she sat on the counter. Her emotions were just all over the place. It had been a while since she got so emotional at that time, must be the medicine she was taking. Taking another bite of the ice cream, she let it melt in her mouth and moaned at how good it was. Gods whoever invented this deserved the Noble Peace prize or something. She sniffled and tried not to cry. Romantic comedies always got her, especially Miss Congeniality. One of her favorite movies.

Wiping her eyes as Vincent came in, she smiled and cleared her throat. "Sorry I can...I can move if you need me to. I don't want to be in your way."

He insisted she was fine and she smiled. Taking another scoop, she ate it and sighed. "Vincent....do you have any kids?" Maybe she could get a father's viewpoint, someone who didn't have any biased feelings about the situation.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 am

"Well Miss Petrakis, I actually did have a son and a daughter a long time ago."

He smiled and looked at her knowingly.

"If I can be of any help, feel free to ask it of me. You bring smiles around this place and I like that. In return for being a little sunshine in this place, I am at your disposal if you should need me."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:18 pm

"You did?" She smiled and took another bite of ice cream as he spoke, smiling with her eyes as he complimented her.

"Aw Vincent. You're too kind." She sighed and looked into her bowl. "If you...if you had a daughter would you want her to be happy, even if....it meant going against years and years of family traditions and customs?" She looked up and smiled sheepishly. "Years...very old customs." Maybe Vincent could give her a different out look on her situation.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 pm

"I never got the chance with my daughter for that to come up, but I would like to believe that custom or no custom, if they are truly in love, I hope I would be understanding enough to consent to it. Look at my home country, Miss Petrakis. One of the sternest customs, to marry within your own class, has been thrown out the window and there is even a baby on the way. If the Grand Mum is willing to set custom aside for love, how can I do otherwise?"

He tugged at his sleeve as she looked at him in silence. He cleared his throat.

"I..um...have to tend to my duties, Miss Petrakis. Please let me know if I can be of further service."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:42 am

She thought about what he said and looked at him in silence. It made her curious why he said he never got the chance. She wanted to ask, but refrained when he insisted he had to get back to work. She smiled and nodded, setting her bowl aside. Slipping off the counter, she moved over to him and hugged him. "Thanks Vincent. You're the best. I wish my father thought like you."

She released him and stepped back. After he left the room, she went back to her bowl and swirled the ice cream around with the spoon, lazily. She was deep in thought and nervous about the private conversation between her father and Tolvin. They had been in there alone for twenty minutes or so. She sighed and continued to think about what to say to her father.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:23 am

As he left the room, he saw Vincent rush past him, obviously flustered about something, and turned toward the kitchen. When he entered and saw Rochelle deep dishing ice cream, he smiled. He walked over and kissed her cheek, wiping a bit of chocolate from the corner of her mouth and licking it from his finger.

"Daddy had to go early...something unrelated. He will call to talk again soon. He is looking forward, I think, to when we meet in person. He even promised to have an open mind about things until then."

He smiled as he looked in her eyes.

"I'm not sure why you were worried. He is a bit overprotective, but that is as it should be for a father and daughter. He and I had a nice chat though. He knows how I feel about you, and that I hope for more than friendship. I told him to speak to you if he would know your feelings on the matter."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:07 pm

She jumped a bit when he entered and smiled, giggling as he wiped her mouth. She swallowed her ice cream and listened to him as he spoke. Her eyes widening in fear of his words.

"He...he's...looking forward? I...wait, me? Tell him about my feelings? I...but he...you don't understand. I can't. I mean he won't like it. He'll be angry. He....he'll be disappointed in me. I can't." She was freaking out...just a bit. No, more than a bit. She felt like she was hyperventilating. Something was off. Her father agreed to an open mind and didn't lose it when Tolvin told him how he felt about her? Oh gods. Oh gods oh gods.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:53 am

He lifted her chin and kissed her softly.

"Perhaps your father is not so severe as you think, Rochelle. As we spoke, he made clear his thoughts and I did the same. He would have preferred our first meeting had been face to face, but when I mentioned asking to meet him virtually for now, so I could have a face to match the name, he seemed to understand."

He took the spoon from her, scooping up a bite of ice cream and held it out to her.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:14 pm

She sighed and slowly opened her eyes after he kissed her. Looking up at him she just shook her head and shrugged, unable to say anymore because she just didn't know. She just....didn't know what to say anymore. Her father was shocking her and she feared the worst.

A smile slowly spread across her face as he offered her ice cream. She took the bite and chuckled. "You should take that away from me now. I've already had half a gallon." Her eyes widened after she admitted that out loud. "I uh,...mean....a pint." She smiled a bit embarrassed.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:42 pm

He set the spoon aside and smiled, then kissed her again.

"So...do you want to talk about why his request upset you so much you ate a 'pint' while we talked?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 pm

She chuckled, amused. "I didn't eat all that while you talked, silly. Give me SOME credit." She playfully hit his arm and lifted herself to the counter, sighing as she looked at her hands.

"It's not that it upset me. It makes me nervous. I want my dad to like you, I want him to be okay with....this. But I know how he is and well, I don't have much faith that he will approve." She admitted and looked up at him through her lashes. "You seem to be real confident though, tough guy. Wait till you meet him in person. It's worse." She smiled.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:25 pm

He watched as she lifted herself to the counter, smiling as she spoke. He moved between her knees, reaching around to rest his hands on her hips.

"Rochelle....he and I spoke openly and without guile. That is why he will approve of me. I do not come to him with games and secrets, but with the truth of how I feel. No father can deny his blood a chance to be happy."

He leaned in and kissed her again.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:28 pm

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, looking into his eyes. He leaned closer to kiss her lips and she inhaled slowly, relaxing into the kiss. As he pulled back, she smiled. "I hope you're right. I won't worry about it until....later. Sorry for being...." She moved her head around and made a face, giggling. "A bit crazy I guess." She was just seeking her fathers approval and scared she wouldn't get it. That made her nervous, but he was right...her father would want her happy. Her hands moved from his neck to run along his shoulders. She grinned more. "Oooo someone been working out?" Teasing him.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 pm

He chuckled when she teased him.

"Actually I had a few things in mind that would be quite the workout. Problem is, I need someone willing to be creative...and you immediately came to mind...that and the fact that this particular routine does not require clothing."

He grinned at her, looking into her eyes for a response.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 pm

She continued to smile and bite her lip until she realized what he referred to. Her frown vanished and her eyes widened a bit, clearing her throat as her cheeks flushed. "Oh gosh, uh look at the time, I should really really get to work on those...those reports and send them out." She kissed him quickly and moved off the counter, finding herself pinned between him and the counter. She laughed nervously and slowly looked up at him. "I uh...should really go."
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:38 pm

He wrapped his arms around her, kissing her again then let her go, laughing softly.

"A rain check then, perhaps. I guess we both should be getting back to work. No need for another lecture, eh?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 pm

She nodded and continued to smile nervously. Thankful he didn't push the issue. That...would have been awkward. So, so awkward. "Yeah...no lectures. I'm sure you have things to do. I won't keep you. Thank you for everything." She ran her hand against his cheek and smiled, pulling away and walking back towards the door. Really, all she wanted to do was crawl into bed after changing into sweats, grab some junk food and watch a romantic comedy until she puked. Or fell asleep. Gosh, this time of the month...sucked.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:51 pm

He turned and watched her scurry from the room, leaving him to his thoughts. He had a lot of questions right now. He only wished he was as confident as the front he had put on for her concerning her father. His gamble had bought him some time, but how much time would it give them...no way to know right now. He had to focus on something else and at that moment, he felt him phone buzz. He glanced at the message and felt the color drain from his face.

~Tolvin, come to my office. There is a matter we need to discuss...-JQ~

He sighed and walked toward Mr. Quinn's office without bothering to respond. This day just kept getting more complicated...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:44 am