For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Breaking In

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Breaking In Empty Breaking In

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 am

Sam sat at his desk on the phone with the construction company on hold waiting to hear more of the mysterious person who generously paid for the reconstruction of his bar. He wanted to accept it but something in him was weary of the kindness. Not often were people just that kind and gave handouts without a price later. Sookie had just entered his office to grab her apron as he turned in his swivel chair and asked, -Did you hire those workers?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Breaking In Empty Re: Breaking In

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 am

<she turned to look at him and frowned; what workers was he talking about?> Um, I don't know anything about any workers, Sam. Ohhhh, you mean the ones out there that are fixing stuff from when you guys tried to blow up the bar while I was away? <she grinned, then winked, at him as she tied her apron around her waist. Finally, FINALLY, she was feeling more like herself. She wasn't scared or jumping at every little sound, and she was actually smiling genuinely instead of faking it. In all honesty, nothing could ruin her day today; well, except Jason being his typical ignorant self, like always.> You know what Gran always said; don't look a gift horse in the mouth. The bar got blown up, and someone is fixin' it. Be thankful. <winked at him and grabbed her order pad out of her pocket, filling out a few sheets with the date and her name so she didn't have to do it when they got their lunch rush.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:15 am

He sighed. -Sookie, I know you have a point but I just can't accept some anonymous gift when I don't know who or why. Something just doesn't add up and other than you I don't understand why anyone would wanna help my bar.- Shaking his head as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Between getting the trailer set up for Emma and now contemplating moving with Luna since she was expecting....or buy that dream home early. So many things on his mind as he looked up and smiled. -You're right I guess. I'll just take it as it comes. You look better, considering. How's Jason?-

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 am

<she rolled her eyes and walked over to where he sat in his chair> He's... okay. He's become a bit of a zealot about this whole vampire thing, ya know? It's ridiculous. <she cleared her throat and made a face before lowering her voice so that she slightly resembled Jason> Oh, those vampers are gonna rip your throat out while you sleep and eat your babies. I know that cause I'm Jason Stackhouse, and I'm the law. 'sides, you know God didn't make no dead bastards. They are adonerations or whatever that word is that I can't say cause I barely graduated high school. <she rolled her eyes and propped a hip on the desk, barely noticing the creak it made when she did so.> Anyways, how's you and Luna doing? I heard she moved in; what'd she do that for?

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 am

Sam couldn't help but chuckle at Sookie's impression of her brother. She knew him well. Shaking his head as his chuckle died down, a smile now on his face. She sat at the edge of his desk and it creaked as he turned slightly red praying it was just because he needed a new one due to age. Clearing his throat at her question as he thought for a moment. -Well, I've asked Luna to be my wife. Officially. She said yes so we thought we'd try out the whole living together thing, and uh...- Rubbing the back of his neck as he continued, -looks like I'm gonna be a daddy.- Sheepishly smiling up at her as he let out a small chuckle.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 am

<her mouth dropped open and she let out a squeal> Oh my Lord! That's... Congratulations, Sam!!!!! <she leaned over the desk, all her weight on it now as she wrapped her arms around his neck and squeezed> You're gonna be a.... a...... <before she could finish her sentence the desk gave a loud groan and collapsed under her; she landed with her face on Sam's lap, her legs on broken bits of desk and papers flying everywhere. She looked up at Sam, blushed at how close she was to that piece that was responsible for him being a daddy and froze> Um..... Sam? <she could actually SEE the images in his head, and feel the reaction he was having to remembering just why the desk was weak.> OH MY GOD, SAM!!! STOP, STOP, STOP! <she laughed loud and tried to get up, but realized she was stuck on the desk> Help me up and PLEASE stop thinking about that. Oh God, if I'd known what ya'll did on here I would have not sat on it! Oh my God. <she continued laughing as she tried to get up; what a day.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am

Her excitement made him smile as she leaned over to hug him, the desk groaning under her as a loud crack rang in the room. Snapping as it collapsed to the floor, Sookie going down with it. His face turned shades of red he'd never had before. He looked down to see her head in his lap trying to pull herself up as she must have been just as embarrassed as he was. -uh...Sookie...- He took in the situation and remembered the incident with Luna that happened here only a day or so ago. Trying not to think about it but failing miserably, when she begged him to stop he closed his eyes and shook his head. -Sorry Sook, I uh...*clears throat* let's get you up.- Pulling her to her feet as he looked around the room and at the crumbled desk and mess of papers and things on the floor. Pens were coming to a stop in rolling and he tried not to look her in the eyes. Good god what a day he was having.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am

<she couldn't stop laughing; she was doubled over, her hands on her knees as she laughed so hard she cried. Sam never ceased to amaze her, and he could always make her have a better day, even if he didn't mean to. Shaking her head, she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him tightly as she continued to chuckle> Does this mean I can call you daddy now? <she gave him another squeeze and let go to look at him, wiggling her eyebrows when she asked if she could call him daddy.> I can't believe.... well, I can't believe you'd have sex on the desk that we share, but I also can't believe that you're engaged, AND having a baby!!! That's just.... That's so amazing, Sam! <she couldn't contain her excitement! Her boss, one of her best friends, was going to get married and be a father.> When's the wedding? And when is she due? How'd you propose? <so many questions!>

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am

They both stood there laughing so hard, never having laughed in a while, not like that. Shaking his head as he composed himself. She hugged him again as he chuckled. -Thanks Sook.- She pulled away and wiggled his brows as he looked down and smiled. She began to say what she couldn't believe when he looked up with flushed cheeks. -I..well...*shakes head* oh what a morning. Thank you again.- She began to ask tons of questions as he raised both brows in thought. -Well I..I don't know. We haven't set any dates yet. I'm not even sure she's been or will go to a doctor, and well I proposed right here...in this office...right before.....- He stared at her letting his words trail off as he smirked.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 am

Oh God, Sam. <she shook her head and wrinkled up her nose> That's just more of your life than I care to know about, Sam. Seriously. <continued to shake her head as her laughter subsided.> I'll have to throw her a baby shower or something!! Here at the bar. Oh, oh! Is Emma excited? And.... <she frowned as she looked at him> Um. How are you going to fit you, Luna, Emma and a baby in your trailer, Sam? I don't think that's gonna work out. <she raised her brow and stared at him, trying not to chuckle at the pens and paper that were laying all over the floor>

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 am

He covered his face and groaned, then let his hand fall. -She'd like that I'm sure. We uh...we haven't told Emma yet. No one else knows.- After she asked how it would work in his small trailer it was only the question he'd been asking himself for days now. -Sookie, to tell you the truth I haven't got the slightest. WE uh..we didn't plan for this obviously. But I'll do whatever I need to make her and Emma happy. And...the baby of course. They are my priority.-

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 am

Sam nodded, he knew he could always count on Sookie. -Thanks Sook. I really appreciate that.- Looking around the office as he sighed, -Guess I better clean up this....mess.- Shaking his head as he stooped down to begin gathering all the papers scattered on the floor.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 am

<she nodded; if Sam was anything it was honorable.> Well. If you need help with anything.... uh.... <she looked at the desk on the floor and shook her head with a slight laugh> With anything other than cleaning up this mess that you made, just let me know. I'd be happy to help out anyway that I can. <she reached out and grabbed his hand, squeezing gently and still smiling.>

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 am

Whatchu bitches makin' so much noise about back here about? <Sookie shook her head and laughed when Lafayette threw open the office door and stood there staring at them, his hands on his hips like the diva that he was. She grinned at him and shrugged her shoulders, giggling when she 'heard' what Lafayette was thinking. When he looked at her with a raised brow, she just nodded her head and laughed.> Apparently they put new meaning to 'breaking in' a desk. <she moved quickly out of the way at the kick that Sam aimed towards her butt and laughed again> It's true, Sam! Even Lafayette knows that you guys broke it. Apparently you weren't nearly as quiet and stuff as you thought you were. <She winked at Lafayette and grinned>

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 am

Lafayette entered and took in the sight and started making tsk sounds. Sam continued to pick up the papers and pens as Sookie and Lafayette chimed in about the desk incident. Standing with all of it in his arms as he shook his head. -Alright alright. I get it. Funny.- He was three shades of red by now and couldn't stop smiling at their nicely put "idioms".

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 am

It is pretty funny, Sam. You're Mr. Business-Man... and yet here you are, breaking desks with your baby mama and wifey-to-be. <she winked at Lafayette and rolled her shoulders before going to grab her order pad out of the 'wreckage' of the desk.> I'm gonna get to work. Sam, if ya need me you know where to find me. Congrats, daddy-o. <she walked over and wrapped her arms around him again, squeezing tight and kissing his cheek before stepping back and heading out towards the bar. Definitely a good start to the day.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 am

Sam shook his head and chuckled, setting down the papers on the chair. He'd need a new desk and soon. She hugged him once more before heading off into the bar. Now he wondered who else knew or would know about all this. Luna would be mortified just as he was. He looked at Lafayette standing there smirking. -Well, you just gonna stand there or you gonna give me a hand?- Lafayette snapped his fingers, "Oh hell naw. I ain't touchin' nona that. Yous did it, yous clean it. Ta-ta, this bitch has to go cook." Sam rolled his eyes with a smile as Lafayette left the room, bending back down to finish cleaning up the room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:28 am