For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Moving On?

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Moving On? Empty Moving On?

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t1145-taking-control-of-my-future

After he'd waited a good half hour for Andy to show while nursing the bottle of Jack, Andy showed up. "Sam..." He nodded once and raised the bottle to Andy in a toast, bringing it to his lips and tilting it back taking a swig. -Andy....- He set the bottle down and motioned his hand for him to sit. "We got a call you shot somebody Sam. Is that true." Sam grinned and nodded. -You're damn right Andy. I shot my brother because he stole from me. I gave him a fair warning and chance to hand it over. He didn't, so I shot him in the leg to stop him. I could have killed him, would you have rathered that, sheriff?- He cast a mocking glare at Andy and stood from the table. -He'll live. Now if you excuse me I have to close the bar.- "Sam, I'm gonna have to file a report on this." -Do what you have to Andy. I really don't care.-

The next day news spread across Bon Temp like a wild fire. Maxine heard of the incident and rushed to the hospital to bring Tommy flowers and a card from the ladies at her church offering him a place to stay if he needed while he recovered. Sam overheard them talking low in the booth. "Shot his own brother...who does that?" He set the pitcher of tea down on the table and looked at them each hard. -Steals from his own brother, who does that Now why don't you hens stop gossiping, eat and pay then get out of here.- Sam wasn't himself lately, with everything happening. Sookie hadn't showed for her shift and that irritated him more. Probably gallivanting with vampires again. That damn Sookie, vampires would be the cause of her death one day but she just didn't see it. She didn't see how good he was for her. One day, she'd be sorry.

Over the next few weeks Tommy continued to milk the attention he received from the church women and Maxine. Even going as far as to move in with Maxine and take Hoyt's place as her son. It made him sick. sooner or later he'd be stealing from her. It was just a matter of time. Sookie had been gone for weeks now, he'd finally had enough and went to Bill. The house he lived in looked way different. Remodeled and new, it was almost like a whole new home. He was informed that neither Bill or Eric knew Sookie's where abouts and contacted Jason. Together they went to Andy and began a search party. Looking high and low for her, finding nothing. Jason was sworn in as the newest Bon Temp deputy and everyone knew something was off with that picture. Jason...a cop? He'd gone to Sookie's house and inhaled her scent and was able to follow it to the cemetery and that's where he'd lose it. She wasn't there unless she had disappeared in thin air, or someone killed her and buried her. He sighed relieved when Bill confirmed that he'd feel it if she in fact was dead.

About six months later, Jason had come into the bar one night after work and drank almost a half pitcher of beer before confiding in Sam that he'd have to sell Sookie's house because he couldn't make the payments on that one plus his. Before he could object and buy it or help out he was informed someone had bought it already. Stupid Jason...real stupid move. It was like he was beginning to lose his fight in finding his sister. Bill had been questioned over and over, Eric and Pam as well. Sam had also been questioned by Kenya, since he was known for a "temper" issue. Great, he shoots his brother and becomes town villain so that when anyone goes missing he's prime suspect.

"We can help you know..." A customer said as he grabbed the dirty dishes from the table, he was having to fill in for Sookie's shift until he found someone. No one had been applying since he was such a dangerous man. -And who the hell are you, and how do you think you can help me.- The black man smirked and slid a card with an address to him. He hesitated, looking at the bald black man and blonde haired woman who continued to smile. Taking a small whiff of their scents he could tell they were some type of shifter. How did they know? Well, maybe his scent gave him off. His eyes went to the card and then back to them. -I'll...think about it....-

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:23 am